Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Has anyone have had to replace there oem clutch yet? I'm at 18k miles and am getting slippage and overheat faults. if you have changed the clutch do u recommend OEM or aftermarket? thanks guys.
Thats about the average life for an OEM i dont know anyone with a G that made is past 25K miles, replaced mine at 18K with a Hitech Kevlar will outlast the car.
Huge performance-any questions contact Sean at Hitech he can answer any questions you may have.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
FWIW, my HP develops a lot of TQ down low...and if you're not light on the pedal from a standstill...it has a very direct feel...very, very responsive to the point where it feels like all the pedal travel occurs within the 1st 1/4" of pedal depress.

It's not clutch related in my case; it's just the electronics. There are kits you can buy that will increase or decrease the amount of travel required to send fuel.

My Z06 from factory has a lot of pedal travel required to move the car, to prevent people who don't know how to drive from smashing stuff at low speeds...lol

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Thats about the average life for an OEM i dont know anyone with a G that made is past 25K miles, replaced mine at 18K with a Hitech Kevlar will outlast the car.
Huge performance-any questions contact Sean at Hitech he can answer any questions you may have.
I made over 42k with the OEM on my 06 G', but now read the original post again, as we are talking of dual-cluch for the H and this has really nothing in common with the old G !!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
thanks for all the responses! i should start maybe with a transmission fluid change because it didn't start doing this until the cold weather. any suggestions on what fluid to use? (I drive hard) also happy new year everyone.

·
Registered
317 Posts
FWIW, my HP develops a lot of TQ down low...and if you're not light on the pedal from a standstill...it has a very direct feel...very, very responsive to the point where it feels like all the pedal travel occurs within the 1st 1/4" of pedal depress.

It's not clutch related in my case; it's just the electronics. There are kits you can buy that will increase or decrease the amount of travel required to send fuel.

My Z06 from factory has a lot of pedal travel required to move the car, to prevent people who don't know how to drive from smashing stuff at low speeds...lol
This is very true, I agree as I have both cars as well. Is your Z06 manual or auto?

Though in Strada mode the HP throttle response is gentle enough where my wife drives it gingerly.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
It's an A8...bone stock, except for tires/ wheels and lowering on factory bolts

Agreed with Strada mode, but my preferred solution is NO ONE else drives the cars besides me - lol

·
Vendor
1,933 Posts
thanks for all the responses! i should start maybe with a transmission fluid change because it didn't start doing this until the cold weather. any suggestions on what fluid to use? (I drive hard) also happy new year everyone.
Febi Dual Clutch Transmission Fluid
Part Number: 122732-08009032
Audi part number G052529A2
This is what Audi uses

7 liters

·
Premium Member
1,946 Posts
Any updates Jblu? I am supercharged now and well I just did Ace Spade rally with DDE guys and my transmission was acting funny when I drove the car hard at times...
Did it ever shift up a gear without your command? Almost like you tappped the paddle twice?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Did it ever shift up a gear without your command? Almost like you tappped the paddle twice?
No I have not had this issue. I've actually never done launch control in the car since the supercharger so I'm going to try it and see how the car behaves. Maybe it's in some kind of tuner limp mode. I have not even had time to ask VF if maybe that is a possibility.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I currently have stage 3 UGR Twinturbo kit now with stage3 clutch lol
Stage 3 is bananas, congrats man, badass setup.
Does the car hook up on the street with all that power.
Since it was supercharged, how big of a difference is the low end power with TT.
I her everybody say how they love the low end of the SC.
Was just wondering what your experience has been since you had both.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts