Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone have had to replace there oem clutch yet? I'm at 18k miles and am getting slippage and overheat faults. if you have changed the clutch do u recommend OEM or aftermarket? thanks guys.

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
I have replaced my clutch because I went TT. I went with Dodson. I would recommend not going with stock plates if you are indeed SC.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Even if car has SC that seems like low millage to already need a clutch? Plenty of supercharged cars with higher miles and still on original clutch

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
Even if car has SC that seems like low millage to already need a clutch? Plenty of supercharged cars with higher miles and still on original clutch
If he races it and has a SC I’m not surprised at all. Just because he’s SC and not turbo doesn’t mean the clutch is not going to wear

·
Registered
779 Posts
That's why I said driven within reasonable limits :)
Parker's video shows he has 28,000 miles and has used thrust mode 250 times and no reported clutch problems. My clutch should last forever, used thrust mode 2-3 times when I bought car and never since supercharging. This has my friends lining up to buy my car when I'm done with it

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
That's why I said driven within reasonable limits /vbforum/images_ltalk/smilies/smile.gif
Parker's video shows he has 28,000 miles and has used thrust mode 250 times and no reported clutch problems. My clutch should last forever, used thrust mode 2-3 times when I bought car and never since supercharging. This has my friends lining up to buy my car when I'm done with it
I used to drive my 800hp 03 cobra on stock halfshafts and launch on drag radials and dead hook and never broke one. Others broke them with minor mods and broke them often; Exceptions and rules my friend.

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
We’re also not really sure what this guy even has, perhaps we should also wait for that!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I'm SC, and I do drive pretty hard but still not sure how my clutch is having issues. its only 10% of the time I would say where the clutch slips or its jerky on take off. was getting multi plate clutch too hot and slippage codes. so I'm assuming I just need to change the multi plate clutch? I see they sell a gem kit online for 3k.. what u guys think?

·
Super Moderator
3,201 Posts
yeah I'm SC, and I do drive pretty hard but still not sure how my clutch is having issues. its only 10% of the time I would say where the clutch slips or its jerky on take off. was getting multi plate clutch too hot and slippage codes. so I'm assuming I just need to change the multi plate clutch? I see they sell a gem kit online for 3k.. what u guys think?
Not sure what gem is, but Dodson kit is not much more for just the friction discs.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Has anyone have had to replace there oem clutch yet? I'm at 18k miles and am getting slippage and overheat faults. if you have changed the clutch do u recommend OEM or aftermarket? thanks guys.
Just replaced mine would not even consider an OEM, go with Hitech talk to Sean at Hitech will provide all the info you need. This kevlar clutch is 100% improvement over OEM and will last longer than the car-will never need another one. The action quickly, better grip, everything. Have about 2K miles since new clutch huge difference. Make sure this is done at a qualified shop (not dealer who will charge almost double) if you don't know of a shop in your area Sean can help you to locate one.
lamborghini | Hi Tech Exotic

·
Vendor
1,933 Posts
Just replaced mine would not even consider an OEM, go with Hitech talk to Sean at Hitech will provide all the info you need. This kevlar clutch is 100% improvement over OEM and will last longer than the car-will never need another one. The action quickly, better grip, everything. Have about 2K miles since new clutch huge difference. Make sure this is done at a qualified shop (not dealer who will charge almost double) if you don't know of a shop in your area Sean can help you to locate one.
OP has a Huacan.

·
Vendor
1,707 Posts
Thank you for your kind words.

We are working on developing an upgraded clutch for Supercharged and Twin Turbo Huracan... Stay tuned...

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don't have a SC but my car is sometimes jerky on take off... :confused:
Maybe that's some other electronics acting up like throttle positions sensor or something.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would start off with a fluid and filter change and re-adapt the transmission. It may solve the problem.
I would do this as well. I had other vehicles with transmission slippage etc, that just needed new fluids.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts