Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm looking to do a brake job on my 2010 LP550-2 Balboni and looking for some advice so I don't get riped by the stealership. Any recommendations on where to buy OEM parts online? Or Great aftermarket options?

Paul

·
Registered
630 Posts
Hi All,

I'm looking to do a brake job on my 2010 LP550-2 Balboni and looking for some advice so I don't get riped by the stealership. Any recommendations on where to buy OEM parts online? Or Great aftermarket options?

Paul
Check out Girodisc

·
Registered
361 Posts
+1 on Girodisc. Love their rotors and Magic pads.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks @all appreciate the advice!! @doltmo @GallardoM5 I plan to use the car on track from time to time, how do the Girodisc Rotors and the Magic Pads hold up?

Some more questions:
– Has anyone tried EBC Brake Pads?
– What brake fluids do you all recommend "Castrol SRF" or "Motul RBF660"?

Another topic perhaps but thought I'd slip this in – I'm looking to switch engine oil also to either "Castrol Edge Professional LL03" or "Motul 300V 5w-30"?

Thanks and really appreciate the help!

Paul.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
If you want OEM, email Glen @ AMH.
[email protected]

He can get you oem stuff and heavily discounted prices. Otherwise, I would go with Girodisc as well. Had them on my 997.2 Turbo S and they were phenomenal!

EBC is cheap pads... id pass on them.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I plan to use the car on track from time to time, how do the Girodisc Rotors and the Magic Pads hold up?

Some more questions:
– Has anyone tried EBC Brake Pads?
– What brake fluids do you all recommend "Castrol SRF" or "Motul RBF660"?

Another topic perhaps but thought I'd slip this in – I'm looking to switch engine oil also to either "Castrol Edge Professional LL03" or "Motul 300V 5w-30"?
I'm sure there are better "track" pads, but I would only do 6 to 10 track days a year and the standard Girodisc (slotted) rotors and Magic street pads did just fine for me. Someone who was a more aggressive driver and went deeper into braking zones might disagree. I loved the lower dust levels for daily driver use.

I did try a set of "track" pads from Girodisc for the front. They had substantially more "bite" and if I did a lot of track days I would definitely go with these. I can't find my purchase records, so I don't have an exact part number. The box is marked "D1029", but this part number doesn't show up on Girodisc's website. The pads are painted orange. For all I know these may have been EBC pads sold by Girodisc.

Brake fluid - I used standard "street" fluid - Castrol synthetic DOT4 - and never had any problems (see above comment about driving style).

Engine oil - I have a pre-LP with the 5.0 liter motor, so I used Castrol 5w-40.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I use motul rbf600 or rbf660 fluid. It works wonders and is much cheaper than SRF.

I actually don't think gallardos are great track cars. I'd track a lighter car if I spend more than 1-2 tracks days a year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts