Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OBDII Error P450 on 2005 G, What to do next?

I'm getting a check engine light and a OBDII P450 Error code in my 2005 Gallardo. The "party line" for a P450 is:-
"Evaporative Emission Control System Pressure Sensor Malfunction"

Has anybody here got a suggestion as to what I do next. I cannot clear the error with my scanner!

John

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Recently fill fuel and not tighten the cap enough? Could have an evap line that’s aged and cracking. Would need to get a smoke machine and test the air system.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks for suggestion 1BADBURB, will check gas cap and do a gas refill. On "smoke machine" what exactly is that. can you suggest one.
Also just looked through the manual. While normally very detailed, I cannot actually find a picture showing where the sensor is located. I see a picture in one of the Lamborghini bullions (147.02.03.00.00), see below, but where is this?

Thanks
John

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
A Smoke machine will be at a shop, need to take it to them to have them look it over. Def something you can buy and keep as a handy tool but its barely used...

Not sure on the sensor you are asking about. hopefully someone more knowledgeable steps in...
Aj

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.