Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Gallardo Spyder 6 Speed Manual. 2006 Dodge Viper VOI 9 Edition 54/100
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently scanned OBD2 to diagnose a check engine light on my 07 Gallardo Spyder to read the following code:

PO437 (and stated) Catalyst Temperature Sensor Circuit Low Bank 2, Sensor 1.

Can anyone tell me what part or parts I should order to remedy this issue.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I recently scanned OBD2 to diagnose a check engine light on my 07 Gallardo Spyder to read the following code:

PO437 (and stated) Catalyst Temperature Sensor Circuit Low Bank 2, Sensor 1.

Can anyone tell me what part or parts I should order to remedy this issue.
I guess it’s this one 0R1400030. But if it is just one of the thermocouples gone bad, you should be able to replace that one a lot cheaper. Some one here maybe knows what type it is.

·
Registered
28 Posts
That is a genuine Lambo part I have never seen it on a Audi or Porsche. It reads exhaust temp at the cats to make sure they are working properly. Im not familiar with this style but I did see the part that Dansken pointed out and looks like it. There is this one thats for a 06 or 07 but its not cheap. Lamborghini CATALYST COLD JOINT/THERMOCOUPLE KIT, 0R1400030 | Scuderia Car Parts
There is a sensor only for sale on ebay but I cant say for sure if its either the sensor or the thermocoupler the part that goes in exhaust or both. The newer updated ones on the first website gets rid of the screws and use a connector so it might be because of corrosion.
Yours does have 4 screws you might want to make sure the wire under the screws does not have a crusty connection or loose screw.
Also dont forget to check for recalls or service bulletins.
Check this out 07 Gallardo p0427 p0437 p1426 codes
When im looking for internet help on a specific car I put in Year of car, make and model followed by "with code P***'
With yours I googled ...07 lamborghini gallardo with code PO437
I usually look on all the different forums for tips.
It may be a lot of reading but it can be a lot of good info and a idea of where to search.
Hope it helps good luck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input, much appreciated. I think the Thermocouple kit may do the trick .

·
Registered
144 Posts
Having the same issues Right now with my06. It's been very intermittent. Now that the weather has warmed I have not seen to code in about a month or so. During the cooler months I happens every other time it's started. I ordered the kit to replace both side as I get codes for both banks again intermittently but they parts are on backorder will not arrive until 2nd week of July. Let me know if you get it figured out before I do.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had the same issue with my 08 Spyder a couple of years ago. Ordered the complete kit but replaced only the module and resolved the issue. Don't think the sensors fail much but its cheaper to buy the kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Having the same issues Right now with my06. It's been very intermittent. Now that the weather has warmed I have not seen to code in about a month or so. During the cooler months I happens every other time it's started. I ordered the kit to replace both side as I get codes for both banks again intermittently but they parts are on backorder will not arrive until 2nd week of July. Let me know if you get it figured out before I do.
Thanks for info. Let me know how it goes once the Thermocouple Kit is installed. I will be a bit yet before I line up my shop.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had the same issue with my 08 Spyder a couple of years ago. Ordered the complete kit but replaced only the module and resolved the issue. Don't think the sensors fail much but its cheaper to buy the kit.
Glad to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Do you recall if your OBD2 scanner had the same message as I have after the code PO437 stating: Catalyst Temperature Sensor Circuit Low Bank 2, Sensor 1?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am also wondering if my Thermo junction box is defective but I am wondering if anyone has seen these "Lamborghini gallardo spare parts kit" - LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO FACTORY SPARE PARTS KIT N.6 NEW 0R1400012 | eBay
I came across a few of them when searching and I am confused as to what they are exactly. They claim(and photos show) that it comes with the aforementioned thermo coupling junction box but this entire "kit" is $60 compared to $1,000 for the full kit that comes with thermo junction box AND the temp sensors: Lamborghini Gallardo CATALYST COLD JOINT/THERMOCOUPLE KIT, 0R1400030 | Scuderia Car Parts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am also wondering if my Thermo junction box is defective but I am wondering if anyone has seen these "Lamborghini gallardo spare parts kit" - LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO FACTORY SPARE PARTS KIT N.6 NEW 0R1400012 | eBay
I came across a few of them when searching and I am confused as to what they are exactly. They claim(and photos show) that it comes with the aforementioned thermo coupling junction box but this entire "kit" is $60 compared to $1,000 for the full kit that comes with thermo junction box AND the temp sensors: Lamborghini Gallardo CATALYST COLD JOINT/THERMOCOUPLE KIT, 0R1400030 | Scuderia Car Parts
The 60 dollar kit goes to a older model I believe a 2004 (i think its old leftover recall parts) that required a ecu reflash when done. Its the older style with the screws that had issues after awhile with corrosion. The newer style has connectors. It shows the vin range its for but I cant remember how to look up vins. I guess you could compare yours and if it falls between those dates.
From VIN A VIN
ZHWGE11_ 4LA00935 ZHWGE11 _4LA01029

·
Registered
89 Posts
I had intermittent error messages for both banks. As I mentioned, my issue was the box as I didn't have to replace the sensors to resolve. The $60 unit on ebay is the older style, not sure what year Lambo phased that out. They are interchangeable, only difference is they changed the problematic screw terminals to weather pack connectors. $60 is a bargain for sure, check and see what terminals you have and consider ordering the unit from Ebay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had intermittent error messages for both banks. As I mentioned, my issue was the box as I didn't have to replace the sensors to resolve. The $60 unit on ebay is the older style, not sure what year Lambo phased that out. They are interchangeable, only difference is they changed the problematic screw terminals to weather pack connectors. $60 is a bargain for sure, check and see what terminals you have and consider ordering the unit from Ebay.
I now also have Intermittent error messages P0437 and P1426 for both banks. I am assuming the safe fix is to purchase a Thermocouple Kit with 2 sensors and ECU

·
Registered
89 Posts
I now also have Intermittent error messages P0437 and P1426 for both banks. I am assuming the safe fix is to purchase a Thermocouple Kit with 2 sensors and ECU
Probably the box....they fail over time. Its located above the right rear wheel well. have a look and see what type you have. If you have screw terminals I would personally try the ebay unit and see what happens.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Probably the box....they fail over time. Its located above the right rear wheel well. have a look and see what type you have. If you have screw terminals I would personally try the ebay unit and see what happens.
Is this box easy to view on a 07 Spyder?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Its attached just below the frame rail above right rear wheel Believe I reached it through the engine bay by removing the plastic side trim. You shoudl be able to see it just behind the top shock absorber mount. junction location copy.jpg

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just repl
I just replaced it on my 2004 G but I bought the OEM kit from Glen/AMH. It only took 1 hour to replace the Thermo box and the 2 sensors. Unfortunately for me it didn't fix the problem :-/ I still have codes P1426(Unknown Diagnostic Trouble Code) and P2195(O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean Bank 1 Sensor 1). This after I just replaced Bank1 Sensor1 O2 Sensor last week. WTF

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just repl

I just replaced it on my 2004 G but I bought the OEM kit from Glen/AMH. It only took 1 hour to replace the Thermo box and the 2 sensors. Unfortunately for me it didn't fix the problem :-/ I still have codes P1426(Unknown Diagnostic Trouble Code) and P2195(O2 Sensor Signal Biased/Stuck Lean Bank 1 Sensor 1). This after I just replaced Bank1 Sensor1 O2 Sensor last week. WTF
Those are both 02 sensor codes, separate issue. Try replacing the 02 sensor and check for voltage for the preheater at the sensor
connector.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Its attached just below the frame rail above right rear wheel Believe I reached it through the engine bay by removing the plastic side trim. You shoudl be able to see it just behind the top shock absorber mount. View attachment 298275
Thanks, I will have a look.

Obviously this is something that will need to be fixed. Is the car still fine to drive with the codes present prior to repairs?
I thought I had read if the codes start flashing non stop to take the car in for repairs immediately? Any clarification appreciated

·
Registered
144 Posts
So I finally was able to get the car in to install the Thermocouple Kit and problem was solved. Just wanted to let OP know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts