Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People,
I haven't yet trawled the forum - can someone let me know if I need mini cats or extenders or both and if so do I need the 90 degree ones to try and avoid CEL codes?
Car already has aftermarket cat back system that gives a nice crackle on deceleration- would I loose this with the decat pipe in place?
:wave:

·
Registered
198 Posts
You wont need them on a 04, the pre 06 cars arent sensitive at all for this.
Mine is a 08 and I never get a CEL with the 90 extenders from Fabspeed.
The crackles will get louder with the cats removed and you will get fire. Win win.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I've got the Fabspeed test pipes + Tubi Extra Loud Catback exhaust on my 04 6MT Gallardo.

I'm running the recommended O2 spacers from Fabspeed and no issues at all.

Sound:
- Pitch has raised (rather than deep rumble that I had with just Tubi exhaust)
- Cold start is stupidly loud and smells of fuel (issue for cars that are reversed parked in a garage)
- Lot more pops and crackles with test pipes + fire (As mentioned by Baptist)
- In the upper rev range, the car screams like an F1 car

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
302 Posts
These were basically useless. I have the full Fabspeed setup (xpipe, cat bypass pipes, and the o2 extenders) and I still get CEL's.

Fabspeed had advised that they would be sending me something to try to fix it, but, that was months ago, and repeated emails to them to check status have been ignored.

·
Registered
987 Posts
These were basically useless. I have the full Fabspeed setup (xpipe, cat bypass pipes, and the o2 extenders) and I still get CEL's.

Fabspeed had advised that they would be sending me something to try to fix it, but, that was months ago, and repeated emails to them to check status have been ignored.

What year is your car?

2008 Bianco Monocercous Superleggera #888

·
Registered
302 Posts

It's well known that when you remove the solenoid valve flaps from the exhaust in 07+ G's, that a CEL will be triggered.

I've talked to several techs who say that a 560 ohm, 1 watt resistor in the end of the plug connector where it would normally plug into the flaps would alleviate the CEL completely, but, it still is incredible that Fabspeed would knowingly sell a product that would cause CEL's (an exhaust without the flaps!) without a fix available.

·
Registered
987 Posts

It's well known that when you remove the solenoid valve flaps from the exhaust in 07+ G's, that a CEL will be triggered.

I've talked to several techs who say that a 560 ohm, 1 watt resistor in the end of the plug connector where it would normally plug into the flaps would alleviate the CEL completely, but, it still is incredible that Fabspeed would knowingly sell a product that would cause CEL's (an exhaust without the flaps!) without a fix available.

Yes I've read many instances where 07 + have cel issues due to no valves.

This is what makes me hold out on doing the swap.

2008 Bianco Monocercous Superleggera #888

·
Registered
302 Posts
So... I understand that adding a resistor can trick the system and bypass the CEL's... has anyone tried it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts