Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 92 Posts

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #41
@Sakura, interesting but the only thing I am certain of the taxes cannot be raised with the economy under so much pressure post COVID. If you want to stall the economy elect Biden and have him raise taxes and increase business regulations.

Registered
The first income tax return was one page long. The Revenue Act of 1913 imposed a one percent tax on personal incomes above $3,000, with a top tax rate of six percent on those earning more than $500,000 per year. The bill also included a one percent tax on the net income of all corporations. A little over 100 years later individuals are paying twenty five percent to thirty five percent in taxes. Sounds like government run amuck!

Premium Member
@Sakura, interesting but the only thing I am certain of the taxes cannot be raised with the economy under so much pressure post COVID. If you want to stall the economy elect Biden and have him raise taxes and increase business regulations.
I think the deciding factor in the election as @surfah pointed out is the timing of the vaccines. If the vaccines can be applied close to Nov (which I think it will), the stock market will shoot up, and I'm sure Trump will get elected again. Otherwise, it's going to be a helluva election battle.

Do you guys have any good news about the vaccines?

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #44
I think the deciding factor in the election as @surfah pointed out is the timing of the vaccines. If the vaccines can be applied close to Nov (which I think it will), the stock market will shoot up, and I'm sure Trump will get elected again. Otherwise, it's going to be a helluva election battle.

Do you guys have any good news about the vaccines?
Nothing definitive regarding the vaccine but it's going to be a major challenge to get both and safe and effective vaccine by the years end. Typically vaccines take between 10 to 15 years on the average to develop one that is both efficacious and safe. I don't think the election will hinge on COVID rather I think the defund the police and the rampant violence that has been overtly encouraged by the democrats has backfired. The top 10 most dangerous cities with the violence, rioting and chaos are democratically run states. The democrats have chosen poorly.
Trump will have a landslide victory......

Registered
The vaccine will be worse then the damn virus. Why are we being such sheep? During all of the last pandemics, 10's of thousands more people died, did we shut the economy down? Did we wear masks and not be able to live normal lives? We as a society need to say enough is enough and get ourselves back to normal life. The stock market is already soaring again, rates are so low borrowing money is basically free, my sector is Real Estate and it is a feeding frenzy here in South Florida. I'll be surprised if Trump loses more than 5 states.Unless they rig the living **** out of the system. Very much looking forward to the next 4yrs with him so all of his policies can take hold and really get this country back to the superpower we are.

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
The vaccine will be worse then the damn virus. Why are we being such sheep? During all of the last pandemics, 10's of thousands more people died, did we shut the economy down? Did we wear masks and not be able to live normal lives? We as a society need to say enough is enough and get ourselves back to normal life. The stock market is already soaring again, rates are so low borrowing money is basically free, my sector is Real Estate and it is a feeding frenzy here in South Florida. I'll be surprised if Trump loses more than 5 states.Unless they rig the living **** out of the system. Very much looking forward to the next 4yrs with him so all of his policies can take hold and really get this country back to the superpower we are.
my doctor calls the covid vaccine the Frankenstein Vaccine. He highly recommends to not take it by any means.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #47
Interesting points. The influenza pandemic of 1918 killed ~ 50 to 100 million people world wide, and this virus will be far less devastating unless it undergoes a series of mutations, which viruses do, and becomes more virulent. So I think caution is advisable. Remember the first round of the 1918 influenza was relatively mild it was only after the virus underwent two mutations that it became much more lethal.
To your other point, agree, Trump will have a significant victory but I would go further he will win irrespective of the democrats rigging attempts. I feel the democrats have let this one get away from them......thank goodness.

my doctor calls the covid vaccine the Frankenstein Vaccine. He highly recommends to not take it by any means.
I wouldn't rush to get the vaccine either I would probably wait a bit to see what kind out outcomes are reported.

Premium Member
I have never gotten the Flu shot even after being asked a every time I go to CVS. my friends that get the flu shot regularly also get the flu regularly, I don鈥檛. I just sent being cautious at this point is the smartest way to go.

as far as the election goes, trump tried to give it away so many times and recovered. The Democrats should鈥檝e been able to walk away with a little effort, but they entirely screwed it up. Just too much hate dished out on a daily basis.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
I have never gotten the Flu shot even after being asked a every time I go to CVS. my friends that get the flu shot regularly also get the flu regularly, I don鈥檛. I just sent being cautious at this point is the smartest way to go.

as far as the election goes, trump tried to give it away so many times and recovered. The Democrats should鈥檝e been able to walk away with a little effort, but they entirely screwed it up. Just too much hate dished out on a daily basis.
I always got the flu vaccine and never got the flu......and when I was working I was hospital based and it was mandated. I have continued to take the vaccine in retirement as well. I also was immunized for the varicella zoster virus which I highly recommend for people over 60 years of age. Initially we were immunized with the Zostavax and then the improved Shingrix.

Regarding the far left progressive democrats, they have transitioned from zealots to militants and their behavior is profoundly reprehensible. Intimidating/threatening people leaving the RNC to include senator Rand Paul.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #52
Thoughts?

Premium Member
It is sad to see, and terrifying to think people are so desperate to see Trump defeated they could vote him into office.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #54
It is sad to see, and terrifying to think people are so desperate to see Trump defeated they could vote him into office.
It's more than Biden's mental decline although that's bad, it's more than the attacks on the second amendment although that's frightening but the democrats are hell bent on discarding the constitution a document that has been the foundation of this country. Worst of all they are rapidly eroding the 1st amendment and that is terrifying. As with the late Senator Joseph McCarthy's labeling of opponents "Communists" now the left labels you a "Racist" or a "Sexist" if you oppose their views. Make no mistake they are not just words but the destroyers of discourse, lives and hope. We no longer have a free press, free and open media, do we? How is that different than what we revile about communists regimes? The degree to which the media and the press will employ gaslighting would make any legitimate journalist of yesteryear cringe in horror, and it should make the average citizen fearful because if you disagree with the "narrative" you could become their target, their victim. If the progressive left democrats are successful in dismantling the constitution it will destroy the soul of our great country.

Premium Member
As I said once before I鈥檓 not about to wear my Maga hat in Honolulu anytime soon. It鈥檚 just not worth the risk and that is truly sad.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #56
As I said once before I鈥檓 not about to wear my Maga hat in Honolulu anytime soon. It鈥檚 just not worth the risk and that is truly sad.
Now the anarchists are asserting the violence will continue as long as Trump is president. Location of said anarchy, you guessed it, democratic states. So in essence some of our cities are being held hostage to the thought control party. Elections are no longer designed for the electorate to make a choice but to fulfill the world order envisioned by the radical left. Worried about Communism? You shouldn鈥檛 be. What we should be worried about is our own home grown, well funded, and media supported anarchists which threatens our very way of life.

Premium Member
Had a hard time listening to Biden this morning blaming everything we are going through on Trump. I cannot wait for the debates, when there are no teleprompters or well written material.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #58
Had a hard time listening to Biden this morning blaming everything we are going through on Trump. I cannot wait for the debates, when there are no teleprompters or well written material.
I know! I had to mute it because I have zero tolerance for gaslighting. He is some piece of work........

Registered
Now the anarchists are asserting the violence will continue as long as Trump is president. Location of said anarchy, you guessed it, democratic states. So in essence some of our cities are being held hostage to the thought control party. Elections are no longer designed for the electorate to make a choice but to fulfill the world order envisioned by the radical left. Worried about Communism? You shouldn鈥檛 be. What we should be worried about is our own home grown, well funded, and media supported anarchists which threatens our very way of life.
From the AP "Kenosha County Sheriff David Beth said more than 200 people have been arrested since the protests began. Of those, more than half were from outside Kenosha, he said. Many arrests were for curfew violations, and included possible charges for burglary, possession of illegal drugs and carrying concealed weapons without a permit, officials said. The Kenosha Police Department has said more than 20 firearms were seized.

Beth also said that 鈥渙utside agitators鈥 have used social media or made phone calls to churches and businesses to scare people and spread false rumors"

Registered
Biden is going to get exposed in a mano-a-mano debate with Trump. I bet he does everything in his power to avoid one.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts