Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am curious what the election of either candidate will do to our economy in general, and the stock market in particular. I am not asking who you will cast your vote for but, in my opinion, this is the most impactful election that I can remember in my lifetime. A platform that is anti-law enforcement (to include defunding the police), free health care and free college tuition for illegal aliens, open borders, abolishing fossil fuel, diminish/curtail our second amendment rights, and the most troubling, to me at least, with one candidate that is suffering from profound mental decline aka dementia. I remember Biden in the 70s not particularly bright ever but he could at least articulate.......that's gone, and it appears to me his rate of decline is accelerating.
I know my political position is transparent and it is not intent to change anyones mind but I am perplexed by the direction the country is taking. Don't get me wrong I want nirvana too but the democratic proposals are just not sustainable, and make no mistake, the bill will come due.

Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
As much as I try to stay away from discussing politics I will say that I am not happy with any of my choices. Living in a heavy Democratic state I find myself hiding from voicing my opinion. And I love wearing my Hats when driving, but sadly I don't dare wear a MEGA hat. A friend of mine did and he paid dearly. We should never be criticize or punished for our political views.

I feel that Trump is certainly better for me as an employer and for economy as a businessman. There was a time when Joe Biden had some fire in his oven, but that flame has long been gone and if the Democrats win the election I can't help but feel we will have our first female president. So I have to ask myself who will do the better job, Trump or Harris (and AOC, Pelosi & Schumer). Nonetheless I really just want what is best for my country. I respect everyone's opinion and I am always open minded!

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #4
As much as I try to stay away from discussing politics I will say that I am not happy with any of my choices. Living in a heavy Democratic state I find myself hiding from voicing my opinion. And I love wearing my Hats when driving, but sadly I don't dare wear a MEGA hat. A friend of mine did and he paid dearly. We should never be criticize or punished for our political views.

I feel that Trump is certainly better for me as an employer and for economy as a businessman. There was a time when Joe Biden had some fire in his oven, but that flame has long been gone and if the Democrats win the election I can't help but feel we will have our first female president. So I have to ask myself who will do the better job, Trump or Harris (and AOC, Pelosi & Schumer). Nonetheless I really just want what is best for my country. I respect everyone's opinion and I am always open minded!
Political discourse is fine but becoming angry or violent if someone disagrees with your point of view is disheartening and has no place in American politics. There is an amendment that is on the tip of my tongue that allows free speech................................oh yeh, the 1st!
Russ your a very diplomatic person.......ever think of running for office. Your promise could be a chicken Lamborghini in every pot garage!

Trump by a landslide..
From your mouth to God's ears! I agree, from all that is transpiring in our country and based upon the reading I have been doing I came to that conclusion about a month ago.......the worm has turned so to speak.

Premium Member
Discussing politics is like discussing guns control, abortion, religion, etc. It's controversial issues and everybody has their own reasons and arguments.

Having said the above, I think a good leader should all be about common sense and not all about ability or capability. The ability and capability parts are the job of the ministers. The ministers give their opinion to the leader who then make final decision based on his or her common sense. This usually result in a good decision.

What I saw by learning history is that most good leaders that ended up well have good common sense. The one that was chosen only for their ability or capability alone ended up worse.

I'm sad to say that a lot of leaders these days are chosen based on their ability to make money, capability of being able to walk faster, ability to undermine their opponents, or look superior than their rivals in terms of appearance or religious faith. The covid situation is a good parameter to see if the leaders are good leader with common sense. Many countries do not have those kind of leaders.

In conclusion, I would choose a talking duck with good common sense as a leader over millionaires, nobel prize winners, famous athletes, famous actors, etc.

Registered
I like your views 2018. The problem with Trump is not him as much as all the negative reporting he gets. My ISP has not had one single positive story about him in 4 years. I think there are a whole lot of people whose lives have been improved by this administration whether they admit it or not. I think a lot of people not talking will speak loudly in November. Lets just hope there are not enough dead voters and voter fraud to sway the election. One thing I cannot understand is how can a country so technologically advanced have voter roles so poorly maintained.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #7
I like your views 2018. The problem with Trump is not him as much as all the negative reporting he gets. My ISP has not had one single positive story about him in 4 years. I think there are a whole lot of people whose lives have been improved by this administration whether they admit it or not. I think a lot of people not talking will speak loudly in November. Lets just hope there are not enough dead voters and voter fraud to sway the election. One thing I cannot understand is how can a country so technologically advanced have voter roles so poorly maintained.
Agree.......as to dead voters, cats and dogs.......it's shocking but I doubt that it will significantly affect the outcome. Regarding not being able to maintain the voter roles.....now that is a question that shouldn't even need to be raised but unfortunately it is an issue. I read about 20% (+/-) of the voter roles are inaccurate, that is, deceased, moved etc. Bottom line there is no excuse for that disturbing incompetence.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #8
In conclusion, I would choose a talking duck with good common sense as a leader over millionaires, nobel prize winners, famous athletes, famous actors, etc.
Not sure we can manage a talking duck but what about a talking horse, that is, the irrepressible Mr. Ed. ;)

Registered
Remember Acorn back in 2008? If not, worth a google. IMO, the United States Government is the largest corporation in the world. Someone that understands checks and balances needs to be in charge. There has never been a successful corporation that can sustain operating in the red. Politicians do not understand that basic principle, they just think they have an open check book aka us taxpayers. In addition, we need some one with strength as we are the super power of the world. Trump isn't perfect as none of us are, BUT..he has balls of steel, is a frugal businessman and wants nothing but the best for this country. There is an interview with Oprah back in 1988. He was saying the same thing then as he is now. The man is PRO America, he is not a puppet like the rest of these idiotic politicians. It's a very difficult topic as we all have our views. But I'll tell you what, I'll be wearing red when I go vote in November.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #11
Remember Acorn back in 2008? If not, worth a google. IMO, the United States Government is the largest corporation in the world. Someone that understands checks and balances needs to be in charge. There has never been a successful corporation that can sustain operating in the red. Politicians do not understand that basic principle, they just think they have an open check book aka us taxpayers. In addition, we need some one with strength as we are the super power of the world. Trump isn't perfect as none of us are, BUT..he has balls of steel, is a frugal businessman and wants nothing but the best for this country. There is an interview with Oprah back in 1988. He was saying the same thing then as he is now. The man is PRO America, he is not a puppet like the rest of these idiotic politicians. It's a very difficult topic as we all have our views. But I'll tell you what, I'll be wearing red when I go vote in November.
Well said my friend!.........I have nothing to add.

Registered
The main issue I am having as it pertains to this election is finding unbiased information that will help me cast an educated vote. Anytime I watch the news the coverage is tilted based on the channel that I am watching. Same with articles.

Given the coverage, Trump doesn't look great. At the same time, thinking critically, the man can't be a complete idiot and make it to the presidency. I would really like to think that is not possible.

The way Trump has handled the race debate is concerning. His ties to Russia concerns me. The way this pandemic is being handled is concerning. Can Biden do better? Couple that with the fact that whomever gets voted into congress will have an impact on how effective the President will be. I'm tempted to sit this one out to be totally honest.

My business (Music/Touring) has been obliterated due to covid. There's no relief in sight. When it comes to this election I have nothing but questions and I have no idea where to get my answers from.

Premium Member
To the original poster鈥檚 question, if the Democrat party wins substantially in the executive and legislative branches expect the stock market will plummet. If the Republican party wins those two branches, expect the stock market to increase dramatically. Not political, just economic reality. Equities are based upon the belief in future growth and the platform of the Republican party points more to economic growth than does the Democrat party. If the stock market increases it鈥檚 because of a belief in the various companies鈥 future growth and recovery from this crisis. The Democrat platform is all about redistribution of wealth from the earners to the needy, whether or not they actually believe this, but this they espouse in practice with their regulations, taxation and spending policies. This does not bode well for companies and entrepreneurs and growth of GDP. Donald Trump is as human as we all are and is very far from an articulate perfect politician, nor is Biden any better in perfection, mental agility or policy. But that鈥檚 not the truest picture of what will happen in November: the House and the Senate and by extension the Supreme Court are all in play.

Back to the poster鈥檚 implied question: what will happen to the exotic car market as a result of the election? As everyone knows now, the exotic car market has barely missed a beat because the stock market has presented tremendous opportunity in the belief the growth of the economy will continue as soon as Covid blows over. Very many people have made tons of money during the same crisis that saw unemployment rise the sharpest it has ever. Therefore, some people have a sense of wealth commonly known as the wealth effect at present that will be greatly diminished if the Democrat party wins handsomely in November but will be bolstered if the Republican party wins.

granted the stock market is not the economy in general but it is a good litmus test for it and often times a future indicator. The same general things can be said if viewed from the perspective of real estate or the bond market.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #14
@DiabloClyde, absolutely correct and that is what I anticipate as well.

Registered
I've had this discussion many times over, especially with my left leaning friends. ALL politicians are scum, if they aren't yet, they will be. Trump, whatever he is, is not a politician. Still might be scum, but not a political one, you decide.
What we all need to remember is there is not one elected government official anywhere that cares about you, me, or anyone else. They care 100% about furthering their political career. If actions they take happen to help you, it is mere coincidence. The left will flat out lie to you and tell you how wonderful things will be and then destroy you. The right will say 'hey, I'm going to destroy you' and then destroy you. Really the only difference.
So, when you are thinking about which way to vote, just look at which party gives you the best opportunity to be taxed less and make more money, because that is how you get ahead, I don't care what your values are, where your morals lie, making more money and having more money in your packet will allow you to do more. And always understand that all officials DO NOT care about you, regardless of what they say.
And finally, just to add one more opinionated dollop on the the pile, why is the right seen as racist when they simply don't give a crap what color you are, they see everyone getting the same and doing the same, and the left sees certain groups as special, needing special treatment, or special things. I don't want special treatment, and thankfully, being the most hated sect of america (Straight, white, male) I don't get any, but man, if I don't exude want for the special treatment, you'd think I have slaves in my basement and a swastika tattooed on my forehead.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #16
I appreciate all the opinions and points of view. Also be aware, calling a politician a liar is like handing out speeding tickets at the indy 500. What is boils down to, for me at least, is who will do the least amount of damage.
In the sport of politics there are no angels just anglers.

Registered
The Bidon puppet for Bernie will put our country Into very dark economic times that will last decades to climb out of. Make your vote count in November

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #18
The Bidon puppet for Bernie will put our country Into very dark economic times that will last decades to climb out of. Make your vote count in November
True the economic fall out will adversely impact the world economies and hence all countries will experience the after shocks. Not to mention that with Biden as president?(in name only) China will be come more oppressive to nations that the USA used to provide some measure of cover for.

Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
Discussion Starter #19
It amuses me but, if democrats in fact do away with fossil fuel, 脿 la Goofy Green New Deal (鈥淜nott鈥檚 Berry Farm Solution鈥*) then all our 10 and 12 cylinder monsters will be good for is a weekend Wash & Wax鈥︹hen will have to push it back into the garage. Happy days are here again.o_O

*line from the movie Poltergeist by the actor Craig T. Nelson

Registered
Legislation is coNtrolled by corporate greed
As long as there is oil in the ground, someone will pump it, someone will by it, and our cars will be running.
Plus, the pandemic knocked ten years off of the smog problem world wide so we at least have ten good years of polluting to catch up to where we were

1 - 20 of 99 Posts