Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I went on a drive tonight and wrecked the ZX2... it isn't bad... no cosmetic damage but I have no idea if the suspension is okay.

I'm going down this small road, split in half by a curb with trees in the center, then there are roundabouts. It's REALLY windy and I was doing about 60mph through it, not a problem until I got /too/ close to the curb, nicked it and it gashed the tire on the way out of a corner, i hit the brakes and corrected but the brakes were acting funny tonight, they locked up, then I let off, they unlocked and the car swirved, i corrected again, almost had it but by the time i had it straight the front left nicked the curb again and the ZX2 went right over the curb the road was just too thin for me to handle what i needed to do to correct it in time. both left side tires are gone, completely gone. The wheels, I don't know how they are... I Just got new KYB GR-2 struts, i'm sure the struts are probably fine, but the control arms, tie rods, etc, i have no idea how the rest of the suspension is, i didn't hit it at 60mph, i had slowed down quite a bit, i don't know how fast i was going exactly but it knocked me out of gear. At this time I have NO idea how the car is...

:( this has been the worst week EVER and now this happened. I feel horrible.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Derek,

I'm sorry to hear your car got damaged. However, sometimes we get too attached with our personal property. Just be thankful you did not get hurt. Your car can and will eventually get fix.

L

·
0 Posts
Hi Derek,

Bummer!!! All I can say is that we've all been there...it happens. Just take it one step at a time and you'll get the car back in shape.

Like Raymond sez, good thing you're not hurt!

Best,

Fred

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I agree with the others, Thank Goodness you didn't get hurt!!!!

This is part of the learning curve, sometimes we don't know where the edge is until we are over it.

Trying to drive 10/10ths (or 11/10ths) on the street is, as you found out, risky. Find a Sports Car Club in your area and save your Max driving for the Track. Running on a track will sharpen and hone your skills and it's safer becuase there are less unkowns and varibles to ruin the excercise.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news, first of all yes I'm okay, it turns out the KYB struts took so much beating on the suspension that the counter effect is that nothing got bent, not even the struts! the only thing that got damaged was I lost a $400 pair of tires. I'm grateful that's all I lost. I got new tires on the car, she's running just fine. Took the day off for tomorrow to shake the experience off a little, I'll get some pictures of the scene and pictures on the forum of mine. Direct link for those that want to see http://www.boombaprojects.com/boombaforum/viewtopic.php?p=66#66 if it would have been 2 ply or 3 ply it wouldn't have done that. Either way I was too close to the corner as it was, my own fault.

Either way, me and the car both came out of this okay.... I'm very fortunate. Thanks for the replies everyone, it means a lot knowing that people out there do care. Take care!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks JRV, I plan on taking it a bit slower :( Hard way to learn my lesson, but it's better I learn my lesson and move on than get in a wreck with no second chance to learn my lesson. Learn from our mistakes.

For anyone who wants to see pictures and what I ended up posting here you go http://www.twistedforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17055 hopefully my posting that can help someone out by learning from my own mistake.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts