Lamborghini Talk banner

Non pro camera recording inside the Av

774 10
Which easy setup or DIY solutions you recommend out for a non professional camera recording inside the Aventador ? Just looking at taking few cool shoots at driver eyes position to capture inside and dashboard / windscreen landscape … there are so many adapters and tools selling out there for GoPro’s and so forth , but nothing fancy needed since its not for any videoblog neither social media, so even a clip that I use iPhone would be ok..
Just curious in regards which solutions you AV drivers have used if any ever :)

thank you 😊
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,928 Posts
I have used GoPro cameras for videos of my interior and exterior, but on the ones inside the cabin I have never been able to get clear audio like I see with YouTube bloggers? I would like to find some options other than Go Pro.

· Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,928 Posts
Slammp that’s just what I was looking for, I can just glue it to my soft top.

· Registered
753 Posts
I have used GoPro cameras for videos of my interior and exterior, but on the ones inside the cabin I have never been able to get clear audio like I see with YouTube bloggers? I would like to find some options other than Go Pro.
For daylight conditions the current gen GoPro hero 10 is really quite good. There are a lot of suction cup mount options for the inside although you would need something pretty robust for the outside. For better audio you need the adapter to allow a mic input and then an external mic like a rode which you can position out of the wind or closer to your mouth. Another fun option for around the same money is the insta360 one x2. It records 360 around you and when you’re done shooting you can output a video that shows your face and then pans to look at the road or whatever you want. It’s not that tricky to use. Like the GoPro it does need a lot of light and would be ideal in a roadster with the top down. GoPro also makes a 360 cam.

speaking as a pro, while we use very expensive and elaborate rigs for filming, the new go pros are so good that we do use them on set from time to time so I do recommend them for more casual use.

if you have a recent iPhone or fancy android phone the cameras on those can be as impressive or better than a GoPro. I think the low light mode on my iPhone 13pro is prob better than the GoPro 10. A good suction mount for your phone will prob get you most of what you want. But if you have a separate GoPro or 360 cam you can leave it in your car recording while you are gone and you can amuse yourself watching people check your car out later.

i can answer further questions if that didn’t answer your question fully.

· Registered
3,327 Posts
I have a suction mount that I use on my boat. It seems like it would be pretty easy to mount that somewhere, let me find an amazon link fer ya!

This is effectively the same thing I use.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, I have purchased some diff suction mount lets see once I have tried it :)

Have you tried like speeds >60mph or so? Just wondering on stable that suction mount provides... other point I am concern is, in the rear area of the AV, would the heat released from the engine be a problem to suction efficiency to keep it in the car ? (engine glass cover, etc)..

I have a suction mount that I use on my boat. It seems like it would be pretty easy to mount that somewhere, let me find an amazon link fer ya!

This is effectively the same thing I use.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the such detailed info from a pro pov :)

I have ordered two suctions cups and some other mounts - one mount for indoor iPhone, one suction mount for exterior camera use etc
Also have ordered the Insta360 One X2 new cam... not really because of the 360 video or AR but more bcuz allows to just record and later chose the framing/angle to use.

Will keep you posted once have tried, still need to learn how to use this device but looks promising :)

PS - have used GoPro and I know they also have a 360 product but just got hook up after seeing some riding solo videos done just with one Insta360 X2 levering diff mounts and the 'invisible selfie stick'. :)

Not planning to drive fast but I am bit concerned regarding safety of cam if for example doing a video at 100km/h (60mph) or so..

thanks for the feedback!

CF

For daylight conditions the current gen GoPro hero 10 is really quite good. There are a lot of suction cup mount options for the inside although you would need something pretty robust for the outside. For better audio you need the adapter to allow a mic input and then an external mic like a rode which you can position out of the wind or closer to your mouth. Another fun option for around the same money is the insta360 one x2. It records 360 around you and when you’re done shooting you can output a video that shows your face and then pans to look at the road or whatever you want. It’s not that tricky to use. Like the GoPro it does need a lot of light and would be ideal in a roadster with the top down. GoPro also makes a 360 cam.

speaking as a pro, while we use very expensive and elaborate rigs for filming, the new go pros are so good that we do use them on set from time to time so I do recommend them for more casual use.

if you have a recent iPhone or fancy android phone the cameras on those can be as impressive or better than a GoPro. I think the low light mode on my iPhone 13pro is prob better than the GoPro 10. A good suction mount for your phone will prob get you most of what you want. But if you have a separate GoPro or 360 cam you can leave it in your car recording while you are gone and you can amuse yourself watching people check your car out later.

i can answer further questions if that didn’t answer your question fully.

· Registered
3,448 Posts

I have ordered two suctions cups and some other mounts - one mount for indoor iPhone, one suction mount for exterior camera use etc
Also have ordered the Insta360 One X2 new cam... not really because of the 360 video or AR but more bcuz allows to just record and later chose the framing/angle to use.

Will keep you posted once have tried, still need to learn how to use this device but looks promising :)

PS - have used GoPro and I know they also have a 360 product but just got hook up after seeing some riding solo videos done just with one Insta360 X2 levering diff mounts and the 'invisible selfie stick'. :)

Not planning to drive fast but I am bit concerned regarding safety of cam if for example doing a video at 100km/h (60mph) or so..

thanks for the feedback!

CF
If your concerned about the camera falling off at 100mph… I would strap a string to the camera such that if it came off it would just dangle (wouldn’t get damaged or lost). After a few successful test drives remove the string

· Registered
753 Posts

thanks for the feedback!

CF
the suction cups we use for big rigs have an indicator on the pump button to show if you are losing suction and we keep eyes on them. But every pro camera rig has a safety line on it in case the primary mount fails. When I’ve mounted go pros if I can’t use a clamp somewhere I put some clear 3m wrap on the car where I want to mount it and then use the 3D double sided stick tape that comes with GoPro mounts. I’ve never tried to do an external insta 360, that one has more wind resistance but it’s certainly possible to do it although I agree a safety line is necessary. Be careful with the serious suction cups on paint. Under some conditions it can damage paint. For some cars we put down clear wrap before we put the suction cup on but even that can lead to issues. The suction cups i am talking about have a pump button and pump indicator, not the ones you use for your windshield. The insta360 one x2 is a hoot and you could maybe bungie the selfie stick to your head rest and have it slightly out of your window to give both inside and outside views. The closer you get the camera to the ground the greater the sense of speed. Try not to angle the insta 360 so one lens points at the sun and the other at the ground. This will give you a flare issue at the stitch line. Playing around with it should help you see the creative possibilities.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.