Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Um i dont know where to start here..

I had a bit of a misfire that slowly got worse and endid up with one of the banks working on my car.. I swaped coils round and this seemed to fix the problem on a single drive.. Started my car today and only one side was working again... Swaped leads and coils round and thought it was a coil so i have put a new one in...

Still has the same problem..

Fuel still goes in but no spark.. I also dont have a rev counter.. Sometimes the rev counter may jump in and both banks are fine for maybe a few seconds but as soon as the spark stops the rev counter stops as well..

Anyone had anything like this..

Carlo

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Perhaps the pickup under the coil is gone...

Have to admit I don't know the diablo really.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
raymond said:
Perhaps the pickup under the coil is gone...

Have to admit I don't know the diablo really.
Hi Raymond

Tried the pick up on the back of the coil...Swaped around the ecu.. I realy am lost on this.. I am going to recharge my batterie and try again..

ps I spoke to Ant Hawkes a few weeks ago and told him you asked of him.

Carlo

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Ant will just send me some head cover gasket for my QV engine :wave:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi JRV

I have gone through everything.. I have put a new coil in and a coil pack on the same side.. now i have the engine running fine until i hit the gas pedal then one bank dies and the rev counter shuts down as well until i let the revs come down..

I have spark at the plugs and coils but im loseing voltage somewhere.. I have cleaned up the earth points and checked the boots on the back of the coil pack..

Lamda probes are good. intake sensors are good..

The new coil and coil pack has made a difference now the car will idle with the rev counter ok.. Maybe both coils have packed up at the same time???..

Carlo

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Carlo,

have you read out or checked for error codes via the blinking 1-6/7-12 lights on the dash?

If the problem is electrical with the phase sensor or the engine speed sensor/tdc sensor the LIE's should pick it up, record it and be able to spit it back out.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JRV said:
Carlo,

have you read out or checked for error codes via the blinking 1-6/7-12 lights on the dash?

If the problem is electrical with the phase sensor or the engine speed sensor/tdc sensor the LIE's should pick it up, record it and be able to spit it back out.

Hi JRV

How do you do this.. I Have never read the error codes before..

Carlo

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hi Carlo,

to check for stored error codes you sit in the drivers seat, put the key in ignition switch, turn key to No. 2 position only (on only, then off again) 3 times, after the 3rd time leave key on and the 1-6 then 6-12 lights on the dash above the right knee will start blinking in sequence if the Computers have read & stored any errors of the systems they monitor. You will need to count the blinks carefully and record them. The number of blinks is then matched to the corresponding error listed in the WSM.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JRV said:
Hi Carlo,

to check for stored error codes you sit in the drivers seat, put the key in ignition switch, turn key to No. 2 position only (on only, then off again) 3 times, after the 3rd time leave key on and the 1-6 then 6-12 lights on the dash above the right knee will start blinking in sequence if the Computers have read & stored any errors of the systems they monitor. You will need to count the blinks carefully and record them. The number of blinks is then matched to the corresponding error listed in the WSM.

Jrv

I have checked the codes.. Nothing there.. Swaped over the Ecu's New coils are in..One thing i looked into the distributor cap and there has been some burning going on in there.. I cleaned this up.. Leads and plugs are o.k.. Could the rotor arm cause all this?????????

Carlo

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Jrv

The wire in the boot phase senser plug had come away from the plug... 3 days to find!!!!

Thank you all

Carlo

·
Registered
88 Posts
try swapping the computers behind the passenger seat. Only one of the computers runs the tach. See what happens. they are interchangeable, because I have tried it.
dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts