Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
All, I've posted once before about this and noticed a few other forum members (including SVJ owners) saying the same thing - On occasion Lamborghini's V12 masterpiece will not rev above 3,500rpm when in neutral.

Well, this week I've had my dealer confirm that this issue is related to a new mandatory engine software update which helps prevent overheating/fires. I've no idea which MY this applies to, but as cited above owners of new SVJ's and certainly MY2019 Aventador S' and above are affected.

Completely understand the rational for this, but man it's a little embarrassing when Joe Public ask you to rev your $400k + vehicle only to hear it sound like an Audi A2.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this should be an easy fix with ECU mod. And yes I'm having this issue with SVJ but not LP-700.
You might be right in terms of an ECU mod being the only way to override this issue, but it does raise the question of why - this is not an Honda Civic TypeR we are talking here, this is Lamborghini's V12 Flagship which has a child lock on the accelerator.

·
Premium Member
Aventador Roadster Extreme Edition, Huracan Performante, Gallardo Performante
2,303 Posts
Silly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.