Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys I need your help.97 Roadster,on trickle charger. I tried to go for a ride this am.,as I tried starting it all I got was a "click" and no turn over Lights, dash, fuel pump,all are on but no engine turning over.Last driven 12 days ago,on trickle charger since then, Battery, alternator replaced ~2+ yrs ago when I bought the car.A last piece of info,I have had intermittent problems with start attempt ehere it would do the single "click" and not start, but then start on the second attempt .PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I would first check the battery cables. Make sure they are clean and have a good connection at the battery and at the starter. I would tend to think that there is a bad cable. If the cables are clean and have good connection. You may need a new starter. The solenoid may be going out. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks David. It has been raining and very humid for two weeks down here. I will check cables and connections. Starter is original. Car has >9000 mi.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
agree with David, bad cable connections (make sure you check the ones on the kill switch also) or bad battery. I've seen starters go bad, but it's not the most common problem...but cables & batteries are.

Hope you get a run before it gets to late!

·
Registered
213 Posts
how old is the battery?might have a bad cell.just like others said make sure battery connections are good.do you turn the power off to the battery when the car is sitting?if you need a battery get the optima red top model 34 r fits in perfect.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thank you Adam,and everyone. Battery is 27 mos old.I checked all conections,cables. Everything tight.I turned key to the first position and let all the dash lighs go off as they should in 10" or so. The only light that stayed on was the battery light. Then I tried starting in neutral,nothing(click).In first gear,nothing (click). Wiggled the shift lever while in the neutral position, and it started right up. I am confused but this has happened twice before in the two years I have owned the car,but both times it started on the secong try by wiggling the shifter into a slightly (1/8")different position while in neutral.Any Ideas or possibilities would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
I have no idea if there is a neutral saftey switch on the car. The only other thing that I can think of is the reverse switch. That is when the car is in reverse the reverse lights come on. That might be shorting out...but I don't know if that would cause it to not start. I am at a loss...sorry :confused:

·
Registered
213 Posts
i would take it to a shop and have them check it out and repair it,before you get stuck somewhere and have to get it towed away,get it fixed so you can have peace of mind.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks again to everyone.I have a great tech to try to sort this out .I will post the findings when I know.Until then no out of town trips for my baby.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
detour_racing said:
I have no idea if there is a neutral saftey switch on the car.
There is not.

detour_racing said:
The only other thing that I can think of is the reverse switch.
Thats better than what I can come up with (which is basically nothing :confused: ). But it certainly sounds electrical to me...

-mick

1 - 12 of 12 Posts