·
Registered
10,242 Posts
Did Valentino just sign your car??

How'd you manage THAT?!

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
Seriously, I'd cover that in some way so it doesn't wear off. Your resale just jumped $10k minimum!

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
And mysteriously lost the AWD

·
Registered
138 Posts
Be careful if you clear coat over the signature... the solvent may smear the sharpee pen signature.

For future reference, having him sign the armrest leather would probably have worked/lasted/wear better...

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
Does Valentino visit Mike every other week or something?

·
Registered
898 Posts
The perfect signing spot on the dash! hahahaha...

Here is Valentino signing the glove box of my Jalpa last year at Lamborghini Bellevue. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
How do you guys know where to find him?

·
Registered
898 Posts
How do you guys know where to find him?
In my case, our local Lamborghini dealer contacted all of us that owned Lamborghini's in the Northwest, and let us know that Valentino was going to be at the dealership promoting the "Balboni" edition of the Gallardo. They set up a nice slide projector & screen and had Valentino talk about his time with the factory (how he started working there, his memories, etc.)

He is a very, VERY humble man! Very soft spoken and is a joy to listen to!

Here is a shot of Valentino, John (owner of the yellow Miura) and myself discussing John's GORGEOUS yellow Miura.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Does Valentino visit Mike every other week or something?
He stays at my place when he is in the states...We're old bowling buddies.

lol...J/K. For the past couple of years, an exotic car rental company near my place called 'Gotham Dream Cars' has what they call a 'ledgends dream tour' where you spend the day in 7 different Lambos driving with, alongside, in front of, behind, or in the passenger seat with Valentino. You switch up cars ever hour or so, and go on some really great roads around here.

So every year when Valentino arrives they have a cocktail reception party, where you get to meet/greet him...He is a REALLY great and nice guy, and Lamborghini COULD NOT have a better ambassador than Vale.

So this year I grabbed him, and got him to sign my car much like my old one was...It's truly an honor, and a BIG thanks goes out to Gotham Dream Cars for putting this event together...I don't know how they do it, but it's always a GREAT success!!

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
Good stuff!

He truly is great, I've seen hours and hours of interviews with him. Will meet him some day.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts