Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, since I started raking some dough from my career, I wanted to start looking and researching how I can buy a Lambo and mitigate my losses.
I'm Asian, live on the west coast, work as a Software Engineer for Apple. I want a car to do some flexing, youtube marketing and having some fun.

Feel free to dm me if you have a Gallardo for sale. Please prevent me from buying an i8! =D
Reach out to Eric at Chicago Motor Cars. Great guy, good prices . If he doesn’t have one he can find one for you.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Interesting...
I didn't buy an R8 because they are ugly
I didn't buy an 911 because, been there done that
I didn't buy a Ferrari because it's an old mans car and looks too much like a Vette, well actually more reasons than that...
I was not one of those, I dreamed of a Lambo when I was a kid, kid, which is cool and all but not me, I was more of a Ford GT40 kinda kid.
At first the attention this car got was kind of off putting, it's OK now, guess I got use to it.
That's why the only car event I would go to was one for supercars so mine was just one more of a number of other cars faster and more expensive than mine.
I do not have a YouTube channel, if I did it would be more along the lines of welding in new floor pans into a '77 280Z kinda thing. To show how bad I am at welding.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Just got back from the gym....now am full of Flex appeal....

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Interesting...
I didn't buy an R8 because they are ugly
I didn't buy an 911 because, been there done that
I didn't buy a Ferrari because it's an old mans car and looks too much like a Vette, well actually more reasons than that...
I was not one of those, I dreamed of a Lambo when I was a kid, kid, which is cool and all but not me, I was more of a Ford GT40 kinda kid.
At first the attention this car got was kind of off putting, it's OK now, guess I got use to it.
That's why the only car event I would go to was one for supercars so mine was just one more of a number of other cars faster and more expensive than mine.
I do not have a YouTube channel, if I did it would be more along the lines of welding in new floor pans into a '77 280Z kinda thing. To show how bad I am at welding.
Will you be upgrading to the EVO down the road?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Will you be upgrading to the EVO down the road?
Nope, I am toying with the idea of EVOing my 580, as in front and rear. With all the Akrapovic talk on here I might be able to pick up the factory exhaust for cheap. :unsure:;) Whatever I can do to avoid the touch screen.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Nope, I am toying with the idea of EVOing my 580, as in front and rear. With all the Akrapovic talk on here I might be able to pick up the factory exhaust for cheap. :unsure:;) Whatever I can do to avoid the touch screen.
I hear you regarding the touch screen but the EVO is getting Alexa in January and that make it more manageable.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,615 Posts
I hear you regarding the touch screen but the EVO is getting Alexa in January and that make it more manageable.
Honestly the to do everyone is making about the touchscreen is overblown. If you cannot find a product that reduces fingerprints just keep a microfiber cloth in the car. No big deal. I love all that new tech and as Albert stated, you will be able to use Alexa for many of the functions.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I know it is getting Alexa, what I don't know is how well it will work. Sometimes Alexa doesn't get stuff right sitting in my living room. How well is it going to work in a very noisy convertible car??? Even if it does work, the touch screen is still ugly. I guess I could get the wife to make a doily to cover it. Oh and it still doesn't fix that Waze will no longer be in my line of sight while driving. Too many negatives for me.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
whoa. He said Doily.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The alexa thing really bothers me. It is always listening and potentially recording what is being said. Big Brother incarnate.As far as the OP. I have to agree with Top Carbon. It is much better to be the guy that makes a ton of money and no one knows it. I buy the cars because I love cars. I really like walking out to the lambo in my ratty jeans and clicking the remote. I love the idea of vagabond millionaire. It is cool to have really nice cars and no one to expect it of you. We are all ordinary people. Some of us just had a run of good fortune. (And hard work) Dont ever let it go to your head. It could all be gone tomorrow. Buy the car because you love the car not to impress anyone. Lee

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
The alexa thing really bothers me. It is always listening and potentially recording what is being said. Big Brother incarnate.
The internet is always watching. If I search for a particular item on Amazon then I instantly get bombarded with advertisements for that particular product and other similar products. Big Brother indeed and it's only going to get more intrusive as technology and their algorithms become more sophisticated. 👁

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Scary stuff. I wonder how much info Uncle Sam really has on us. Probably way more than we would like.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Scary stuff. I wonder how much info Uncle Sam really has on us. Probably way more than we would like.
Not just Uncle Sam, Google has tons of info on everybody, including your current and past location(s) and search history. Then there is Facebook and other forms of social media. If you want privacy, stay off the internet, toss your cell out, and pay cash. In today's world you can have convenience or privacy but you can't have both.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I could really get into living without cell phones or the internet. Problem is most places to live like that are cold as hell. (Or in sub Sarahan Africa)

41 - 56 of 56 Posts