Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
I miss my 6 speed Carrera S sometimes but not when there's a car accident and I'm in traffic like this morning.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
I'm not judging your intent...it's your money 🤷‍♂️ If it's just to get followers on youtube...just short-term lease whatever best car you can afford. Most viewers just want fresh content & you don't want showing off the same car over & over.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Buy what you like for the reasons you wanted. For me this attitude is a complete turn off.
His "flexing" isn't turning you on? You know he's raking in some dough, right?

Sorry, just couldn't help myself. The short-term lease idea does sound right for OPs purpose, though I don't quite get what that purpose is. Inflate his ego to make him feel better than others who envy his material possessions?

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
OP have you developed any good leads on a Gallardo yet? You may want to search on CarGurus and when you find a car you may like I would call the dealership directly and get all the info. I found my Huracan using CarGurus but used them only to get leads; happy hunting!

·
Registered
‘07 G Nera gated 6speed, '12 Maserati GT MC, sold, '95 355 Ferrari- sold, '05 SL65 AMG- sold
1 Posts
How much should I expect to pay for an '07 Nera gated 6-speed. New clutch installed less than 500 miles ago. fully serviced as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. about 22k miles on it.

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
Sounds like a great find. Good luck with the purchase!

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
How much should I expect to pay for an '07 Nera gated 6-speed. New clutch installed less than 500 miles ago. fully serviced as well. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. about 22k miles on it.
Here is one from Austin Texas with similar mileage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
OP have you developed any good leads on a Gallardo yet? You may want to search on CarGurus and when you find a car you may like I would call the dealership directly and get all the info. I found my Huracan using CarGurus but used them only to get leads; happy hunting!
I'm going to be waiting until next year after I come back from traveling. I'm going to be in Korea for 3 months. I could buy something right now but there's no point if I cannot even drive it. The 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder AWD - $96,980 in Cosa Mesa looks like a decent deal, but I'm a newbie so maybe I'm totally wrong lol.

I paid for the Exotic Car Hacks site since they were offering $200 for the videos and currently learning the process to get a good deal. Great for the $200 if you're a newbie like me but terrible for any current owners.

Buy what you like for the reasons you wanted. For me this attitude is a complete turn off.
His "flexing" isn't turning you on? You know he's raking in some dough, right?

Sorry, just couldn't help myself. The short-term lease idea does sound right for OPs purpose, though I don't quite get what that purpose is. Inflate his ego to make him feel better than others who envy his material possessions?
I don't get the responses to my post. Don't you all buy a lambo to drive a good looking car? Thats what "flexing" is. Maybe I'm came off very conceited in my OP but I was trying to express a sense of sarcasm which looking back doesn't really come through well in text.

I'm obviously going to buy it because its also fun to drive a fast car and I'll be doing weekends runs with it together with my brother's Mustang. But if I wanted only a fast car, there are better or cheaper options. If it was performance only an R8 or 911 would have better options which I'm considering as well.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
I'm going to be waiting until next year after I come back from traveling. I'm going to be in Korea for 3 months. I could buy something right now but there's no point if I cannot even drive it. The 2008 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder AWD - $96,980 in Cosa Mesa looks like a decent deal, but I'm a newbie so maybe I'm totally wrong lol.

I paid for the Exotic Car Hacks site since they were offering $200 for the videos and currently learning the process to get a good deal. Great for the $200 if you're a newbie like me but terrible for any current owners.
Sounds like a plan, and not to worry there will always be cars to buy. Are you originally from Korea or just visiting? I lived in Taegu for a year and had a great time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
Sounds like a plan, and not to worry there will always be cars to buy. Are you originally from Korea or just visiting? I lived in Taegu for a year and had a great time.
My GF lives in Korea so I'm doing the dreaded 2 week qurantine then going to do remote work while living there. I travel back and forth often for fun. Girls in Korea are probably the best looking in Asia. (Note: I'm actually Vietnamese American)

Do you mean Daegu or is there also a Taegu. What did you do in Korea? Military or teaching english are the common answers but I assume you have an interested background. Most of my friends fall in both of those bins.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
My GF lives in Korea so I'm doing the dreaded 2 week qurantine then going to do remote work while living there. I travel back and forth often for fun. Girls in Korea are probably the best looking in Asia. (Note: I'm actually Vietnamese American)

Do you mean Daegu or is there also a Taegu. What did you do in Korea? Military or teaching english are the common answers but I assume you have an interested background. Most of my friends fall in both of those bins.
Taegu was the former spelling the one I was accustomed to using. What did I do in Korea ;) had fun!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts

I don't get the responses to my post. Don't you all buy a lambo to drive a good looking car? Thats what "flexing" is. Maybe I'm came off very conceited in my OP but I was trying to express a sense of sarcasm which looking back doesn't really come through well in text.

I'm obviously going to buy it because its also fun to drive a fast car and I'll be doing weekends runs with it together with my brother's Mustang. But if I wanted only a fast car, there are better or cheaper options. If it was performance only an R8 or 911 would have better options which I'm considering as well.
No matter how well I do financially, I fight the urge to boast.
My accomplishments are just that, mine.
I love cars. Buying to “flex” strikes me as buying to show off.
Yes, naturally these cars draw attention, I don’t need to do anything, the cars stand out.
Bragging you got dough, and blah blah blah.
I put my money on you not buying a Lamborghini. If you do, good for you.
I suppose my experience(you may say age) shows through when I read your original post.
I hope you prove me wrong

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Counterpoint I felt @blueconcept intro was just fine, and I am sure he will buy what he wants when the time suits him. It's all good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #35 (Edited)
No matter how well I do financially, I fight the urge to boast.
My accomplishments are just that, mine.
I love cars. Buying to “flex” strikes me as buying to show off.
Yes, naturally these cars draw attention, I don’t need to do anything, the cars stand out.
Bragging you got dough, and blah blah blah.
I put my money on you not buying a Lamborghini. If you do, good for you.
I suppose my experience(you may say age) shows through when I read your original post.
I hope you prove me wrong
If I don't buy a Lamborghini, it might be because there was a better deal with a Mclaren instead (if I can get an extended warranty lol). In regards to boasting, I haven't stated how much I earn, (its probably peanuts compared to other members in this forum anyways) but I wasn't sure what else I should be saying in a introduction post. I only wanted to express that my financial situation is such that I can consider buying at least a Gallardo or similar vehicle between 90k to 120k. I making 2x the amount of money I make since my first year in my career so relative to myself I'm "raking the dough".

It's not like I went "bros I'm gonna buy myself a Aventador", I'm choosing the cheapest model, paying money to learn the in's/out's to the best way to buy one, and considering other options. I also expressed in my OP that I'm a newbie and looking for any advice or help.

Why did you buy a Lamborghini then? What made you choose it over the more reliable and cheaper R8, 911, or Ferrari (if its a Gallardo or a V10)?

My reasons are:
1. More reliable then Mclarens
2. Retains their value used (somewhat)
3. Be fun to drive around the hills of SoCal
4. Attract attention and meet people through this, maybe go to meetups
5. Use it as part of some youtube content

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,615 Posts
I think blueconcept's initial post came off just as being a little young. When I was his age I probably wasn't that much different. Only difference with young me, I was raking up leaves instead of bucks.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
I think blueconcept's initial post came off just as being a little young. When I was his age I probably wasn't that much different. Only difference with young me, I was racking up leaves instead of bucks.
My friend did you mean raking.........consider yourself lucky when I was young I didn't even have a rake.🍃

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Alright
You redeemed yourself
Mclaren for the win
Btw, I have a Countach
I didn’t choose because of fast

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,615 Posts
Thanks Albert I really should spell check once in awhile.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,328 Posts
Thanks Albert I really should spell check once in awhile.
No worries........I cant tell you how many times that’s happened to me and that will happen in the future.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts