Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, since I started raking some dough from my career, I wanted to start looking and researching how I can buy a Lambo and mitigate my losses.
I'm Asian, live on the west coast, work as a Software Engineer for Apple. I want a car to do some flexing, youtube marketing and having some fun.

Feel free to dm me if you have a Gallardo for sale. Please prevent me from buying an i8! =D

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
14,710 Posts
i8, really have your driven and heard one lately. Underwhelming is an understatement.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Raking in dough?
Flexing?
Mitigate losses?
Hmmmm good luck
If I was just looking for pure performance and not just styling I would go R8, GTR, or just a high speced mustang. I'm not sure if I correctly sense some hostility but what should I say in a forum intro?

I heard the i8 used at 55k-65k is an easiest car for newbies who want to flex and use it as a daily driver. I would agree that at MSRP the car is ****.

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
There’s no hostility here, maybe a little skepticism. Everyone is welcome here, and if you hang around you’ll learn a lot. Hope you find your dream car.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
99 Posts
This is a sincere question. What is “flexing?”

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"On a recent trip to I learned a new term, “flexing”. Flexing means to outwardly brag about one’s clothing, body, lifestyle, car, house, really anything that people attach ego to. And you know that we attach ego to almost everything. In economics you’d call it conspicuous consumption, spending money on luxury goods and services to show status or economic power. Conspicuous Consumption is hardly a new idea. It was first mentioned in 1899 by Thorstein Veblen in his book The Theory of the Leisure Class: An Economic Study in the Evolution of Institutions."

Yes, its a very superficial but if you're using it to promote a business or yourself it has some direct economic benefits.

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
There are some YouTube guys who have used there Lamborghini’s to promote themselves successfully. I think the majority of us are just car guys who enjoy driving supercars.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
791 Posts
The same one I always recommend, an LP Gallardo with a manual. You could do some real flexing with Millennials, most of them can't drive a manual.

·
Registered
104 Posts
straight piped gallardo, pre face lift, will sound like a f1 car and make the lady waiting for the bus crap herself

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,464 Posts
The same one I always recommend, an LP Gallardo with a manual. You could do some real flexing with Millennials, most of them can't drive a manual.
Lost art? 🤣

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
I never thought about that but the younger generation has probably never driven an manual transmission. Wow, I must be getting up there.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
2,464 Posts
I never thought about that but the younger generation has probably never driven an manual transmission. Wow, I must be getting up there.
I drove manuals for over 30 years though I have to say I absolutely love Doppia Frizione. ;)

·
Premium Member
14,710 Posts
All I ever had were manuals up to buying my first paddle shift Gallardo in 2008.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
791 Posts
All I ever had were manuals up to buying my first paddle shift Gallardo in 2008.
I have had very few automatics. I bought my wife an auto and she still reminds me of that, all these year later. She was not happy with me. I learned to let her pic her car and stay out of it. It is getting harder to find cars with manual trans and forget about getting a truck with one.

·
Registered
2021 Huracan Evo RWD Spyder (ordered, April 2021 delivery)
99 Posts
Conspicuous consumption I’m familiar with. “Flexing” sounds like someone was too lazy to pronounce a few more syllables.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts