Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There will be a new version of Gallardo around 2006 with new styling and 5.5 litre V10 600bhp. :eek:
How come Lambo has a face lift so quick. :(

·
Registered
205 Posts
chris said:
There will be a new version of Gallardo around 2006 with new styling and 5.5 litre V10 600bhp. :eek:
How come Lambo has a face lift so quick. :(
They may only increase power output of the engine , not the appearance of the car. So it is not entirely a face lift, just an upgrade. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
pcht5 said:
They may only increase power output of the engine , not the appearance of the car. So it is not entirely a face lift, just an upgrade. :)
But it said, " the Gallardo will receive a makeover that will include much more radical styling. A new rear racing-style wing will feature as the shape is toughened up."
I think I will be very interested in the new racing-style wing. :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
chris said:
But it said, " the Gallardo will receive a makeover that will include much more radical styling. A new rear racing-style wing will feature as the shape is toughened up."
I think I will be very interested in the new racing-style wing. :D
From what I heard, they are clling it the Galllardo GT.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pcht5 said:
From what I heard, they are clling it the Galllardo GT.
Not sure if it is really a GT version cause' the news said it's a rival to F430. I hope it's a GT version.
However, a couple years later there should be a F430 CS. In this case, Lambo may have to catch up again. :evil:

·
Registered
205 Posts
chris said:
Not sure if it is really a GT version cause' the news said it's a rival to F430. I hope it's a GT version.
However, a couple years later there should be a F430 CS. In this case, Lambo may have to catch up again. :evil:
I bet in two years time, there will be a completely new replacement for the F430. Like what happened to the 512BB to 512BBi then the Testarossa; the 512TR to TR512M then the 550.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
arionma said:
A GT...then a GTR...this thing never stop...so I am happy with my Green Hornet...hahaha
Really strange, Murci has already launched a R-GT, but a couple years later another Murci with 6.5 litre with 700bhp. I thought R-GT is the "Extreme" version. But the truth is not, confuse. :confused:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
pcht5 said:
I bet in two years time, there will be a completely new replacement for the F430. Like what happened to the 512BB to 512BBi then the Testarossa; the 512TR to TR512M then the 550.
But 2 years is really too fast for a Super Car to have a new version. F360 lasted for 5 years and it has nothing upgraded. 360CS launched at the 4th year. This sound more reasonable.

·
Registered
205 Posts
chris said:
Really strange, Murci has already launched a R-GT, but a couple years later another Murci with 6.5 litre with 700bhp. I thought R-GT is the "Extreme" version. But the truth is not, confuse. :confused:
I heard that Lambo is only going to make 25 R-GT street cars and there will be a rear wheel drive version like the SV.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pcht5 said:
I heard that Lambo is only going to make 25 R-GT street cars and there will be a rear wheel drive version like the SV.
Will there be any RHD? Do you know anyone getting one of this in HK?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I highly doubt that the G will be facelifted anytime soon. Its perfect looking.. it could do with a lifting system like the Murcie thats for sure.

Paul you mentioned that in 2005 the G will have it, but is that model year 2005 or manufacturing year 2005? I always get confused with those two terms. Like in the US the next model year cars normally get delivered in late fall/winter of the current year.. except Ferrari from what i hear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well this is timely news. I was planning on ordering an 05 in Jan. With this news, why would anyone buy an 05 when the 06 will be faster?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
nomercy said:
Well this is timely news. I was planning on ordering an 05 in Jan. With this news, why would anyone buy an 05 when the 06 will be faster?
I doubt that you will see that car in the U.S. until the summer of 2006 -- so that's a long time to wait; almost another two years !! ;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
rampante said:
I doubt that you will see that car in the U.S. until the summer of 2006 -- so that's a long time to wait; almost another two years !! ;)
I have enough Horsepower to tide me over until 06. 06 is better timing for me anyway. :evil:

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
nomercy said:
I have enough Horsepower to tide me over until 06. 06 is better timing for me anyway. :evil:
nomercy,

I remember you in the Z06 board. All those troubles you had with Hennessey. I'd say you don;t have any problems with horsepower. :) Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
19 Posts
wiz357 said:
nomercy,

I remember you in the Z06 board. All those troubles you had with Hennessey. I'd say you don;t have any problems with horsepower. :) Welcome to the board.
Thanks!! I appreciate the welcome. That Vette of mine is now owned by one of the moderators on the Z06 board (FiveOJoe). I now have a Turbo Porsche that puts out close to 800 hp and my Viper goes to Heffner in January for a 510 cid Stroker Twin Turbo that should be good for at least 1000hp. I do want to add a Gallardo really bad but since these cars are so hard to modify, I would rather wait for a higher hp version. :cool:

·
Registered
205 Posts
chris said:
The R-GT will be using more Kevlar and carbon fibre than the next version of the Murcie, even the power output would be more or less the same. Weight makes a lot of different. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts