Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Huracan Spyder LP-610
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Name is KP and new to this forum and also new owner to a 2016 Lamborghini Huracan Spyder LP-610.

Looking forward to being involved with the discussions and giving you me feedback/info for topics.

Hoping you all could help me right off the bat.When I purchased the car was told Lamborghini provided a extended warranty which could be added every year and it now seems it’s a program they don’t have currently.

Tried searching the forum to see what warranties are worth getting but wasn’t able to search for it. Which one(s) do you recommend for 3rd party warranty? Would like one that will cover the car bumper to bumper and avoid any high costly things that hopefully do not occur.

The Huracan currently has 7450 miles and is a 2016. Hope you all could guide me in the right direction to learn about a few or one you have experienced and gives you that peace of mind and covers all issues.

Look forward to hearing from the forum members, thanks!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,482 Posts
Welcome & Congratulations! I can't help you with extended warranty questions, but I am sure someone will chime in with some suggestions. Please post up some photos,lovert to see your new ride!

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
Oh yeah! I love the contrast with those seats, very nice car! That is a great color for a sypder.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,550 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations! I NEVER buy extended warranties some people do I never have and have owned cars for over 45 years.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Yessir!

So nobody has a warranty company they recommend? Damn, hopefully I can find one and let you all know about it then.

If you guys do find one or hear from anyone let me know, thank you!
I wanted to buy extended OEM warranty prior to the 3 year original warranty expiring and my dealership did not have one for sale. They said the extended warranty needed to purchased when car was new and if you look at Huracan options you will see separate pricing for 4th and 5th year warranty. I inquired about a reputable 3rd party warranty that the dealership would honor and they did not have one for sale. With Porsche, my service manager recommended Fidelity as the 3rd party warranty company they honored and Fidelity did prorate the reimbursement when I sold the 911.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The dealership didn't offer any sort of extended warranty?
I purchased the car from Pagani Dealership and they didn't have any warranties Lamborghini. Recommended I go to O'Gara Coach which I did and they also said Lamborghini got rid of their extended warranty (which the inspect the car yearly and give you 1 year warranty each time).

I guess it just comes down to the google search and seeing which one will cover engine, drivetrain, mechanical etc. Sucks because sometimes these warranty companies don't cove anything when you need it done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wanted to buy extended OEM warranty prior to the 3 year original warranty expiring and my dealership did not have one for sale. They said the extended warranty needed to purchased when car was new and if you look at Huracan options you will see separate pricing for 4th and 5th year warranty. I inquired about a reputable 3rd party warranty that the dealership would honor and they did not have one for sale. With Porsche, my service manager recommended Fidelity as the 3rd party warranty company they honored and Fidelity did prorate the reimbursement when I sold the 911.
Thank you! I'll give Fidelity a call and see if they will provide a warranty that will cover the Huracan.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Has anyone heard of this warranty company?

·
Registered
260 Posts
these cars are very reliable, would skip the warranty. You will likely make out ahead. All the infant mortality items have already failed under the factory warrantee. Follow the recommended maintenance plans and enjoy the car and extra cash from NOT buying the warrantee.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
these cars are very reliable, would skip the warranty. You will likely make out ahead. All the infant mortality items have already failed under the factory warrantee. Follow the recommended maintenance plans and enjoy the car and extra cash from NOT buying the warrantee.
Good peace of mind to know that, thank you. I just was thinking I might want to rent my cars out and possibly start a business from it if it goes well. So wanted to get that warranty to be safe. What’s your thoughts if I go this route, still okay for the next few years with mileage approximately 8500?

·
Premium Member
17,482 Posts
Just take good care of the car and get it serviced regularly. I usually upgrade by year 3.

Reactions: Muffy Bennett
1 - 19 of 19 Posts