Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 45+ cars finally taking the leap, could have years ago but had a personal NW/Asset/Income goal, with reward being a Bull.

So, looking at Murci pre and LP, and most keen on roadster (because SoCal). Have a deal selling one of our other cars to free up garage space, out with newer gen R8 spyder, and in with Murci, or Huracan as second option. (Don't kick me out on first post, but I even considered a CPO 458 spider too, I just like it)

Because I'm a finance nut, and the big gap in pricing, thinking pre-LP for per buck fun on an occasional car (married with young kids), worried I may be missing something (or a lot!), but the big price jump doesn't seem justified to me?

Have owned several single clutch, dual clutch, torq convert, and 3 pedal manual, and spent a week in murci roadster (pre LP) years ago and enjoyed it.

What am I missing and red flags?

Salt Lake Lambo has a 2006 red roadster, 13k miles, $175k, new clutch but "some seepage around rear main" with "two quarter sized leaks after sitting a while on showroom floor"

Obv gonna get PPI (would love suggestions on who or what service, all my other cars were east coast or CA cars

Any/all input experience welcome!

·
Registered
6 Posts
New here as well but did make the jump a few months ago and picked up an 08 LP640. The items I'd tell you to watch for are the basics and it seems like you are not new to this - Carfax, repair history, service records. Some things that showed up to me when I got mine were simple things but on Murcies the repairs can add up quick. Seepage around the rear main would concern me a bit, especially if they had the engine out to do the clutch; why was that overlooked, "missed" or was it just a clean it up and try to sell it off quick so its not their problem because it "has a new clutch!" New rear main seal should have been around $1k, so what else was neglected? Those would be the questions I would be asking.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have a orange 06 Murci roadster
Like driving a roller coaster, full fledged eye stopper
I had a lambo dealer do a full engine out service (clutch, egears, everything)
No issues in last 2 years.
Enjoy it!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New here as well but did make the jump a few months ago and picked up an 08 LP640. The items I'd tell you to watch for are the basics and it seems like you are not new to this - Carfax, repair history, service records. Some things that showed up to me when I got mine were simple things but on Murcies the repairs can add up quick. Seepage around the rear main would concern me a bit, especially if they had the engine out to do the clutch; why was that overlooked, "missed" or was it just a clean it up and try to sell it off quick so its not their problem because it "has a new clutch!" New rear main seal should have been around $1k, so what else was neglected? Those would be the questions I would be asking.
That is a great point, and would think a Lambo dealer would do the seal to avoid this exact scenario of second guessing a purchase, not for the seal itself, but the other questions it raises could have been avoided.

PPI naturally can’t uncover everything and being a newbie to Murci would rather pay more for the right car then ‘save’ and deal with more issues than needed.

Wonder what price could factor in/offset some of the bigger risks on these?

How long did it take you to find your LP? You service @ lambo or indy?

Appreciate you sharing btw, enjoy that LP!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a orange 06 Murci roadster
Like driving a roller coaster, full fledged eye stopper
I had a lambo dealer do a full engine out service (clutch, egears, everything)
No issues in last 2 years.
Enjoy it!
This is encouraging! I missed a deal on an orange ‘05, love that color on these! Did you do that full service when you got it or along the way? Would prefer to be proactive on work to max seat time/enjoyment!

·
Registered
240 Posts
OP if you are looking at that Red Murci for $175k there is another almost identical one for sale for $20k more with under 6k miles and it is a single owner car. Both have been on the market for a similar amount of time. It might be worth seeing if you can get the single owner car down in pricing. Ive been drooling over both for about a month but NEED to be happy with my current car so I am restraining myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OP, you are right a PPI wont uncover everything, at most they can tell you the basics - search for codes, LARA snap, etc. When mine was delivered the door actuator was busted so the locks didnt work. Something "simple" but not caught or looked at during a PPI. I chased down my LP for a few years to haggle on price and finally got to an agreeable level but it is super clean and I couldn't be happier. As Slammp said, maybe up your price range a bit and find a car that might have less potential history/issues. You could get the first car and find out quickly it needs a full engine out service and that extra money you saved is gone. Maybe think of it this way, if that rear main seal is seeping now, what happens when you drive it and let the engine and oil get warm, how long before that seal fails? Can you go test drive the car?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
This is encouraging! I missed a deal on an orange ‘05, love that color on these! Did you do that full service when you got it or along the way? Would prefer to be proactive on work to max seat time/enjoyment!
Dealer was selling it on consignment, so I worked out a deal to get the deal done at a significant discount, with the intent of doing $15k of engine out service at the dealership. A win-win for them and me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OP, you are right a PPI wont uncover everything, at most they can tell you the basics - search for codes, LARA snap, etc. When mine was delivered the door actuator was busted so the locks didnt work. Something "simple" but not caught or looked at during a PPI. I chased down my LP for a few years to haggle on price and finally got to an agreeable level but it is super clean and I couldn't be happier. As Slammp said, maybe up your price range a bit and find a car that might have less potential history/issues. You could get the first car and find out quickly it needs a full engine out service and that extra money you saved is gone. Maybe think of it this way, if that rear main seal is seeping now, what happens when you drive it and let the engine and oil get warm, how long before that seal fails? Can you go test drive the car?
This is exactly what I have been back & forth on, definitely like more money on car vs service. They are prob covered in snow but will check, easy flight from CA & seems worth it to be hands on

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
How much does a dealer typically charge for an engine out service ?
I had everything done, clutch, egears, differential, hoses, starter, radio fixed, refurbished wheels, paint chips, extra FOB, etc, too long to list. Total between $12k-$15k

since it needed the clutch done and the engine was going to be pulled, you might as well do everything

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1- Thanks to you all, just became an owner
2- I feel VERY confident this was the right car & right deal
3- PPI & history all checked out, can’t wait for it to arrive 🤩

Now to find a new daily to replace the R8 Spyder 🤔🙃

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,666 Posts
Congratulations, you own a legend. Post some pics when you can.

Reactions: NH_to_CA

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,570 Posts
Car detailing is a hobby of mine so if you have any questions about products or equipment feel free to ask. I know there are several other car crazy people on this forum that do their own detailing that could help out as well. Enjoy!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts