Lamborghini Talk banner

561 - 580 of 609 Posts

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I swear to God, you can't make this stuff up. :D

I don't understand these "colleges". Then again I don't understand education as a whole in north america. It's like everything is down to the lowest denominator. When I travel to Europe I meet young kids (friend's and customers' children usually) who at 15-16 years old are more intelligent , more mature, and more knowledgeable (even about Canada/the US) than the mid-20's college grads I often deal with with work here. What the HELL is wrong with our educational system here?

My girlfriend was in 8th grade here, in Canada, which if we're honest has better secondary education than most US schools and when she went back to europe, they wouldn't recognize any of her education and she had to catch up multiple years. She said she felt like an idiot next to the other kids whereas she was in all advanced programs here.

My own daughter was doing 4th grade reading and 8th grade math when she was in FIRST grade. And while I know she's bright (mostly because of a good attitude and she likes to think about things), she wouldn't be a star student if I dropped her into a european school.

Seriously it's appalling. Then on CNN last week I hear more than half the kids are below grade level even with these pathetic standards.

/rant
I'm not trying to sound cocky here, I'm not even that smart. But in my experience, you're right, everything is done to the lowest denominator. Of course I think kids who don't learn as fast should be given time/effort, but it seems to come at the cost of advancing those at the top. Even my private school, grade 1-8, the kids who loved math and were good at it, dragged along at a dreary pace. Don't even get me started on my public High School...In NY to graduate high school you need to pass a math exam, the passing grade is either in the high 30's or low 40's since it's curved so heavily.

On topic:

Adam91387, welcome to the forum :) Looking forward to hearing more from you and the progress on your project car!

·
Registered
14 Posts
On topic:

Adam91387, welcome to the forum :) Looking forward to hearing more from you and the progress on your project car!

Thanks Man! I have been doing some poking around on here and I have a pretty extensive knowledge about cars so I am sure I can help in the tech section as much as I can. I can make a build thread eventually but I need to order up some parts soon! My old car has a 62mm turbo this one is getting a 67mm billet wheel fitted with a custom manifold being hand built by myself. But first I need to weld in the roll cage but I am waiting for my Bride seats to come in that my girlfriend ordered for me :). Now I will have to get something for her E90 BMW.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi everyone i have Q

Dose anyone knows whats the color code for Lamborghini "Verde Draco" ?

if anyone knows please send it to my prvt or post here i would appreciate it.

thanksss

·
Registered
3 Posts

Hello Everyone,
Greetings From a new member! Ill begin by telling you a little about myself. I am a die-hard exotic/race car enthusaist. I have traveled all around the US to watch and compete. I own a Porsche 935 that I race. I have many friends from every spectrum of the industry from racing to transporting.

Other than that, I have lived in CA and Las Vegas but I now reside in FL. I have previously owned various exotic's including a Lamborghini. I am interested in owning another one, but for now I am interested in getting involved in the community. I am new to the whole forum thing. So drop in and say hello!

·
Registered
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Noob Introduction

Hello Lamborghini-Talk!

Just wanted to say hello after all this time of reading and checking out pics. Looks like a nice place to meet other enthusiasts and share information.

See you on the FWY...

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
I feel like the aerodynamics are slightly compromised like that ... Can you close the doors by accelerating like you could with the old, heavy two door cars? :D
Welcome to the Forum :)

·
Registered
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
nice whip! welcome---where ya from?

·
Registered
10,242 Posts
561 - 580 of 609 Posts