Lamborghini Talk banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Id really enjoy that! I’m waiting for delivery since placing my order in August... currently “in production” but got a VIN on March 9 so can’t be too much longer...
Let me know when your car comes in. I should have the Gallardo back on the road in a week or two and maybe bring both. I am sure I can get my son to drive one of them. The Jalpa is still in parts.

·
Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
63 Posts
Man alive! The last time I mentioned Easter eggs on this site, I was sent packing!

hey Viper, the last Barrett Jackson auction had John Elways viper sell for $90k. FYI, there was also a suped up viper that sold for $250k
Wow, I can't believe Elway's old RT/10 fetched $90k! Cars are just as wack as real estate these days!

I have to admit I have a sincere love&hate relationship with Vipers. I really crave a 1996 Viper GTS blue with white stripes. And maybe a late model GTS or ACR. However, I'm currently I'm out of parking spaces. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and pay $8 per 2x4 to get it done this Summer 😬

Anyone on here got one of those portable sawmills I can borrow??

·
Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
63 Posts
My dad used to own a sawmill. Only owns the land now... with a big forest of white pine ;)
Look familiar?...

Reminds me of an African Dr I worked for a few years ago. Not in Africa but here in USA. The Dr came here when he was younger, got smart, started his own practice, then bought a ton of land and built a personal zoo to remind him of "home". He hidn't know a thing about forests, thinning to stimulate growth, etc. Connected him with a logging friend. The loggers thinned part of his land and paid him $500k at the time. He's still growing them tall for who knows how many digits whenever they actually harvest. Maybe then he will dig a moat around the whole place and retire there :unsure:

·
Registered
486 Posts
Look familiar?... View attachment 294310

Reminds me of an African Dr I worked for a few years ago. Not in Africa but here in USA. The Dr came here when he was younger, got smart, started his own practice, then bought a ton of land and built a personal zoo to remind him of "home". He hidn't know a thing about forests, thinning to stimulate growth, etc. Connected him with a logging friend. The loggers thinned part of his land and paid him $500k at the time. He's still growing them tall for who knows how many digits whenever they actually harvest. Maybe then he will dig a moat around the whole place and retire there :unsure:
Ironically, the lumber companies are pestering my dad to let them go in and thin out the forest. Ie, cut down old dead trees, sick trees, etc,. Lumber companies make plywood and OSB board out of the mulched up timber. It’s also healthy for the undergrowth and saplings.
I think I might have to give my dad a call and remind him that lumber is now at a premium 😀

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
The problem with sawing your own is it has to be dried properly or will warp. Lumber is crazy right now. I finally got approval on my plat and should have my permit soon. My detached garage will be 4k sf so I am going to get hammered.

·
Registered
486 Posts
The problem with sawing your own is it has to be dried properly or will warp. Lumber is crazy right now. I finally got approval on my plat and should have my permit soon. My detached garage will be 4k sf so I am going to get hammered.
If I was to build my own garage to house exotics, I would start with steel girders (tornado/hurricane proof). It would be elevated 5-10ft on a mound of earth(flood proof) or built into the side of a hill. Generator backup for security cameras and WiFi. Lifts for each car.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts