Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm planning to get an SVJ in spring 2022 .

1. Aside from the dealership do you have a recommended alternative?

2. I'd like to have a security camera like those Teslas have so I don't have to worry too much when I park the car at a public parking.
What do you recommend?
I have gotten big dents on my bumper and door recently and people just run away.

I've even witnessed some dumbass hit a car while they tried to park and didn't leave a note.

People here are dishonest.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,872 Posts
I just drive mine, not comfortable parking it anywhere with few exceptions.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,576 Posts
Ditto my EVO is a Point "A" to Point "A" vehicle and the only places I park it is at a car show under our watchful eye or at home.

·
Registered
2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP 580-2
85 Posts
I live in a suburb that's slightly rural. I drive mine to the grocery store, hardware store, dinner, etc. No cameras I just park in the back of the parking lot or down the road. What I've found is that people like to park near it after they take pictures even if it's at the back of the lot.

If I lived in a bigger city I'd probably not park out in public as much. Whenever I find myself in downtown Atlanta it's always a pita planning on where I can park but if you find a lot where there's a valet or attendant you can generally tip the guy a few extra bones and he will move a cone for you to self park somewhere isolated.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I have separate secure covered parking at work so I can daily. Take it out for drives with my car club. Never park it anywhere I can't keep an eye on it or only for very short periods of time i.e. bank, gas station.

OTW the Countryman S is perfect for the beach, golf course, grocery and hardware store etc. Park it outside no worries. Does fine in small parking stalls and I don't worry about anything happening to it.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
1. Cat's exotics has a great reputation. Give them a look and a call when you are ready. These cars are rare, so it should be more about finding a good car, and less about finding a good dealer.

2. People are less likely to hit an Aventador, but more likely to sit on it. Lots of stories on here about people sitting on a hood for a picture and stuff like that. Someone tried to pry the emblem off my hood at one point. That car will draw an enormous amount of attention, and you are taking many more risks by leaving it unattended than you would with a common car.

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
Someone tried to pry the emblem off my hood at one point. That car will draw an enormous amount of attention, and you are taking many more risks by leaving it unattended than you would with a common car.
That is absolutely true. We were at a car show several months back with our brand new GT2-RS and a young boy started forcefully pulling on the door handle attempting to open the door.....the problem was the door was locked. While this was going on his parents were standing and watching and not saying a word. I quickly had to educate them about proper car show etiquette. To be honest the boy was old enough to know better but, then again, he may not have been the sharpest tool in the shed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
after reading all these, the more reason I need to find a security cam solution that'll run 24/7 and triggers an alert in my app when someone even touches it.

About buying a car, is dealership a good way to go? I'm guessing it's the only way to buy if you want a certain setup correct?

And yes I understand about finding a good car, but if I can save some $$ it's never a bad thing and I can use the money on my Foundation. Plus I NEVER trust a dealership, but I'm not sure if it's different for an exotic car

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Dealerships are not created equal. Some are great, some not as much. A car that needs work will cost you more in the long run than a car in great condition. My own humble opinion is that you should focus on the car, then check here to make sure the deal is good and the seller is good. If you are buying new, I think it will be dealer only, and others will have to speak to cost savings dealer to dealer.

I think you might be missing the point on the camera thing. I am trying to warn you that you will be putting your car in danger if you leave it unattended. A camera will not stop anything, it will just let you watch the abuse and vandalism over and over after the fact.

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
@Ohlgren is spot on with his comments. On top of that, there are people that are irrationally jealous and they can be pretty destructive if they set their mind to it. Nothing like having your supercar keyed from front to back by some rocket scientist.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Dealerships are not created equal. Some are great, some not as much. A car that needs work will cost you more in the long run than a car in great condition. My own humble opinion is that you should focus on the car, then check here to make sure the deal is good and the seller is good. If you are buying new, I think it will be dealer only, and others will have to speak to cost savings dealer to dealer.

I think you might be missing the point on the camera thing. I am trying to warn you that you will be putting your car in danger if you leave it unattended. A camera will not stop anything, it will just let you watch the abuse and vandalism over and over after the fact.

BINGO!
Cameras are only good for backing up, recording accidents while driving.
I don’t think cameras will stop a baseball bat. Even if you got an alert, are you going to stop the man with a baseball bat?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you guys got your point across about parking in public places and idiots.
This is actually really a ****ty thing to realize. That means there's really not much freedom and peace of mind owning a nice car like this.

Am I going to stop a man with a baseball bat? Yes, I'm a trained fighter and a weapon expert with a lot of close quarter experience.

PS: I have seen those videos on youtube a few months ago. As well as a damn woman climbing up the hood on her high heels to take a photo causing damages.
I was chalking those up as a super rare occasion , but yes... your warnings are heeded.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
About the dealeship, does anyone know of Lamborghini of Denver in Colorado? I believe they bought Lambo from Sil Terhar a while back. (I wasn't impressed with Sil Terhar at the time)

About the car itself, I have the Centenario in my wishlist 3 years ago and I was wondering if that car is still worth it VS the SVJ .
The plan is to actually buy the car and also keep it as an investment. I figure the Centenario and SVJ both wonlt lose value rather they'll go up.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
16,872 Posts
I have separate secure covered parking at work so I can daily. Take it out for drives with my car club. Never park it anywhere I can't keep an eye on it or only for very short periods of time i.e. bank, gas station.

OTW the Countryman S is perfect for the beach, golf course, grocery and hardware store etc. Park it outside no worries. Does fine in small parking stalls and I don't worry about anything happening to it.
I saw you last week buzz by Hunakai Park, your car turned all heads. My friends are always shocked when they see another Lambo, most have never seen one in person except mine.

·
Registered
789 Posts
you guys got your point across about parking in public places and idiots.
This is actually really a ****ty thing to realize. That means there's really not much freedom and peace of mind owning a nice car like this.

Am I going to stop a man with a baseball bat? Yes, I'm a trained fighter and a weapon expert with a lot of close quarter experience.

PS: I have seen those videos on youtube a few months ago. As well as a damn woman climbing up the hood on her high heels to take a photo causing damages.
I was chalking those up as a super rare occasion , but yes... your warnings are heeded.
Vallet is your friend.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
This thread is weird, but I will try to answer your question in good faith. If I were purely investing, and cost was not a big deal, I would probably go for the Centenario. The number of cars is much lower, and the special additions seem to hold value well. I never understood the attraction of the Reventon, but it seems to have held value. The SVJ will probably hold value, but when a replacement for the Aventador comes out, the previous model takes a drop in price for a while. If you take a look at the price of the Murci SVJ, it will probably give you a good idea what to expect. You are comparing a $3,500,000 car to a $500,000 to $700,000 car..... roughly speaking.

Since you say you are new to the hobby, I would recommend browsing this site and attending some gathering to get a feel for what owning one is like.

·
Registered
789 Posts
Vallet is your friend.
Don’t get me wrong. It all comes down to your community. I’m fortunate to live in a very wealthy zip code. There’s hardly any low income housing. No high rises, etc. My downtown has high end restaurants, shops and bars. People in my community RESPECT others and their property. I have no issue parking downtown in my city. But I would never go outside my community and park my lambo in public without knowing the community.

good luck!

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I saw you last week buzz by Hunakai Park, your car turned all heads. My friends are always shocked when they see another Lambo, most have never seen one in person except mine.
Still waiting to see your new EVO in the metal!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks for the advice. Not sure why you think the thread is weird.

Anyways, I'm going to read around some more.

This thread is weird, but I will try to answer your question in good faith. If I were purely investing, and cost was not a big deal, I would probably go for the Centenario. The number of cars is much lower, and the special additions seem to hold value well. I never understood the attraction of the Reventon, but it seems to have held value. The SVJ will probably hold value, but when a replacement for the Aventador comes out, the previous model takes a drop in price for a while. If you take a look at the price of the Murci SVJ, it will probably give you a good idea what to expect. You are comparing a $3,500,000 car to a $500,000 to $700,000 car..... roughly speaking.

Since you say you are new to the hobby, I would recommend browsing this site and attending some gathering to get a feel for what owning one is like.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Somebody "new to exotic cars" is talking about buying a 3.5 million dollar Lamborghini and wanting advice on a camera to use when it is parked in public because they are concerned about dents and hit and run drivers. Seems a little weird to me, buy hey.... I'll share what I think on the subject and help if I can.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts