Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Probably right around 300 per tire - so 1200 or so for the set. You could do it cheaper - buy them online at TireRack and then have someone install them you would save a few hundred...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, Symbolic San Diego charged me $3800 to replace and install my 4 tires. It sounded high, but i went ahead and told them yes. Now i think it might have been higher than it needed to be. I'll contact them.

Paul

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
Dude are you %$^#$ nuts???? $3800 just for tires?!?!??!?! You got robbed!!!!! that is crazy they are $1056.43 wholesale - max should be $1600 retail!!!

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
pcolton said:
Well, Symbolic San Diego charged me $3800 to replace and install my 4 tires. It sounded high, but i went ahead and told them yes. Now i think it might have been higher than it needed to be. I'll contact them.

Paul
Hi Paul,

I love Symbolic, but $3800 for a set of tires is insane. If it's not too late, I can put you in touch with someone local that will do your set of tire of less than half of what Symbolic is charging you. They use only the lastest wheel mounting and balancing machines. They do a lot of high end cars including all my cars. As a matter of fact, they will be mounting my stock Diablo wheels today. They are also working on set of 19" wheels and tires for my E55. I'll personally guarantee their work.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
Ok, here some info I just found out. The tires are expensive because its a Gallardo only Pirelli tires. Tirerack.com doesn't even list it. However, there are other tires that would fit like Michelin PS2 for around $1600. But if you want to stay with stock tires, it going to cost $2900 with next day air freight factored in. Considering Symbolic is an authorized dealer, I guess they are not too out of line.

·
Registered
16 Posts
wiz357 said:
Ok, here some info I just found out. The tires are expensive because its a Gallardo only Pirelli tires. Tirerack.com doesn't even list it. However, there are other tires that would fit like Michelin PS2 for around $1600. But if you want to stay with stock tires, it going to cost $2900 with next day air freight factored in. Considering Symbolic is an authorized dealer, I guess they are not too out of line.
I did a quick search on the web for Pirelli 19 inch P zero rossa's for the g's (found the backs - didn't have time to look for the fronts) - a few dealers carry them - the backs are around 329 each which would make the fronts probably around 280 ish... you want to balance and fit correctly so 60 - 100 per tire - not sure how any one is getting to 2900 - unless overnight frieght is much higher than I think it is - and also the dealer labor may be higher per tire than some of the tire shops...

However some of the cars could be ordered with special tires (not sure if they are special track tires, etc.) Are you guys talking about the street Pirelli P-zero Rossa's or something else?). I remember seeing the option list there are "special tires" for an extra 3K - maybe these are different than the normal pirelli's?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just bought four new tires for my ’04 Gallardo two weeks ago. I spent around $1600 installed. The dealer does want over $3500 for the sets installed because you are paying the Lamborghini mark up. The dealer will also tell you that you have to buy form them which is crap! Currently there are three styles that fit the Gallardo; the Pirelli’s (which are stock), the Continental’s ($1054.00), and the Michelin’s ($1412.00). All are available from Tire Rack! The Michelin tires are the best, and the Tire Rack people will attest to that. The Pirelli’s are good but the design is old and the grip and tread life is not as good as the Michelin’s. The Continental’s are good as well; however, they are the worst of the three. Check the tirerack.com

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
nick said:
I just bought four new tires for my ’04 Gallardo two weeks ago. I spent around $1600 installed. The dealer does want over $3500 for the sets installed because you are paying the Lamborghini mark up. The dealer will also tell you that you have to buy form them which is crap! Currently there are three styles that fit the Gallardo; the Pirelli’s (which are stock), the Continental’s ($1054.00), and the Michelin’s ($1412.00). All are available from Tire Rack! The Michelin tires are the best, and the Tire Rack people will attest to that. The Pirelli’s are good but the design is old and the grip and tread life is not as good as the Michelin’s. The Continental’s are good as well; however, they are the worst of the three. Check the tirerack.com
Did you get the Pirelli's or the Michelins?

Tirerack does not list the Pirelli sizes for the Gallardo. I supposed that is the reason the dealer and my contact are charging that much for the set. They must be getting from the same distributor for these tires. Like I said, the Michelin PS2 are a good option for a lot less. However, if you go with OEM Pirellis, it might be a little more difficult to find at Michelin prices. Stay away from the Contis. I have em as OEM on my E55 and I hated it. I replaced those Contis with PS2 after only 1000 miles on it. The PS2s are much better tires.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
richard wallace said:
I did a quick search on the web for Pirelli 19 inch P zero rossa's for the g's (found the backs - didn't have time to look for the fronts) - a few dealers carry them - the backs are around 329 each which would make the fronts probably around 280 ish... you want to balance and fit correctly so 60 - 100 per tire - not sure how any one is getting to 2900 - unless overnight frieght is much higher than I think it is - and also the dealer labor may be higher per tire than some of the tire shops...

However some of the cars could be ordered with special tires (not sure if they are special track tires, etc.) Are you guys talking about the street Pirelli P-zero Rossa's or something else?). I remember seeing the option list there are "special tires" for an extra 3K - maybe these are different than the normal pirelli's?
Some tires look exactly alike but the codes are different because of the OEM requirements. I wonder if the Gallardo uses the same run of the mill Pirelli P-Zero Rossos, or does Lamborghini specifiy their own tires from Pirelli?

By looking at Pirelli's website, you can see that they list the Gallardo's rear size of 295/30/19 three different times. Each one with its own different codes. http://www.us.pirelli.com/en_US/tyres/catalog/tyre_product.jhtml?selected=size&catid=US_UHP&productid=2647 I wonder if those tires are priced differently.

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
gday said:
295/30/19's are listed twice. Same loading, same speed rating but one standard and one with the Porsche compliance rating (Nx).

-mick
You are right, it was only listed twice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would check Tire Rack out - there are now Hooser Track, Bridgestone Potenzas, Hankook (I used these on my S4 and love them. They are only $772 for a set of tires!),Kumho, Yokohama as well. Anyone try these on the Gollardo?

·
Registered
475 Posts

Paul
What exactly got installed? At this price I would be expecting Pzero Corsa.

-mick
To save the guy that dug up a 6 year old thread with an attempt at humor.

Symbolic clearly uses the latest in nitrogen technology combined with gold pixie and carbon fiber dust therefore keeping the car lighter on the corners. :D

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
:evil:

Ok, I'll bite.

I just did all four corners on my 05 with Hankook V12's for about $850. I've only put 5 miles on these so I can't quite compare how they feel yet.

As an aside, I was surprised to see the lug nut/stud combo holding the wheels on. The center portion of one of the hubs had quite a bit of rust which made removing one wheel kinda hard...

I don't think I could have removed that wheel on the side of the road. I have since greased the center hub portion to help avoid rust. I suppose that the car now lives in california, there should be ALOT less rust over all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well thanks to google this thread comes up when you do Best Gallardo Tires. Its all about the number of times the thread has been hit on to get on the first page of the google request. Is there any other threads that are better? Anyways I have also had that dam wheel stuck on the hub of the Audi but I live in Toronto. Going to have to replace my front tires and possibly rear so I am interested to see if those Pilots are the best way to go or just go cheap with the Hankook or Kumho's and have fun burning off the rubber with aggressive driving.

·
Premium Member
10,242 Posts
:evil:

Ok, I'll bite.

I just did all four corners on my 05 with Hankook V12's for about $850. I've only put 5 miles on these so I can't quite compare how they feel yet.

As an aside, I was surprised to see the lug nut/stud combo holding the wheels on. The center portion of one of the hubs had quite a bit of rust which made removing one wheel kinda hard...

I don't think I could have removed that wheel on the side of the road. I have since greased the center hub portion to help avoid rust. I suppose that the car now lives in california, there should be ALOT less rust over all.
You'll like em. I have 5 sets in my garage :) With last weekend's 1000 twisty miles I think I'm close to finishing my first set. With a couple track days and a LOT of very aggressive driving I'm still going to manage well over 6000 miles, which is probably equivalent to 2-3 times that "normal" use.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 20 Posts