Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought this car and it is spectacular. The sound, the rawness and the harsh ride is exactly what I am looking for in a car at the moment.

I have a few questions:

1. Where can I find centre wheel caps that fits my rims as I am missing 3 out of 4 of them. Not sure which aftermarket I can go with that fits these rims?
2. The last part of the Superleggera striping on the front fender is missing. I've looked trough the web and can't find anyone making them with that part. All the aftermarket suppliers only do the door side decals. Any ideas? Lambo wants roughly 1200 EUR / 1475 USD which seems just ridiculous as I only need the last part on both sides.

·
Registered
SL #7007
253 Posts
Nice! Enjoy the SL….. The center caps can probably be found online or on eBay. For the decal, while it seems like a ridiculous price, just get it from the dealership. You will get what you pay for. I’d be hesitant to by certain non OEM parts….

interesting why that decal is missing. Was there any prior damage?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The front was repainted because of stone chips (I know the 2 previous owners since over 10 years back when the car was delivered new).

I will never pay that premium from any Lambo dealer for a piece of plastic stickers. I would rather print it myself to make it look as close as possible of let a firm specializing in print and vinyl for cars do the job for a fraction of the cost.

Regarding wheel centre caps, do these work for my rims, are the centre caps all the same on all gallardo rims?

·
Vendor
145 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. Congratulations! The SL's have always been one of my favorite Lamborghinis, there's just something very pure about their looks which the white highlights quite nicely.

·
Registered
736 Posts
You can have a shop that does graphics make those stickers but you could also do it yourself with the right colors of automotive vinyl and a razor if you’re crafty. It’s really just a stripe in the right colors. Get some automotive vinyl samples till you’re happy with the color and finish and then cut some stripes. That’s basically what a shop would do although they might cut it out with a machine. But unless there’s a curve in it you can cut it yourself. If there is a curve find someone with a cricut and pay them to cut it out. If you can find the right colors it should be nearly impossible to tell the difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts