Lamborghini Talk banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
If it’s individually numbered as they say, expect a smidge more. I think $325-$350 gets you a nice STO. Anyone have release details? Maybe Frankfurt in September?

My dealer texted me last week and said he’s got one earmarked for me. Question will be is this the final version of the Huracan or do we see an upgraded AWD Evo Performante variant?

Anyone inquired about new or preowned SVJ’s lately? Discount on new Coupes I’m sure

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
If it’s individually numbered as they say, expect a smidge more. I think $325-$350 gets you a nice STO. Anyone have release details? Maybe Frankfurt in September?

My dealer texted me last week and said he’s got one earmarked for me. Question will be is this the final version of the Huracan or do we see an upgraded AWD Evo Performante variant?

Anyone inquired about new or preowned SVJ’s lately? Discount on new Coupes I’m sure
Yes, I have been told there will be one more variant of the Huracan before it ends, it will more than likely be called a Superleggera which will be even more limited

The STO is set to be unveiled in August

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, I have been told there will be one more variant of the Huracan before it ends, it will more than likely be called a Superleggera which will be even more limited

The STO is set to be unveiled in August
Thank you. It’s definitely intriguing of a car with that roof scoop. I’ve been told mixed speculation on the possibility of a Perf/Superleggera Evo variant. If the H line needs to live on closer to 2023 than I would be shocked if we don’t get a AWD track oriented car only because Lamborghini knows it will sell and already has the base platform ready for it. Time will tell.

·
Registered
855 Posts
The outlook for the supercar market is looking pretty grim at the moment with a global recession looming and it's only going to get worst. Every market is different but here in Canada dealers are stacked with cars they can't sell, there must be around 10 SVJ's that are unsold because buyers walked away.

Personally I think the STO is going to be a hard sell if it cost $400k options in. It's not the last Huracan, from what I heard Lamborghini isn't going to attempt another ring record and they're going to market it as the first light weight Huracan that's RWD. At the end of the day it's a Huracan and the Huracan has a ceiling which the STO might hit. The Aventador also had a ceiling which was the SVJ. A lot of dealers are nervous even more so now with what's happening so HQ needs to for once listen and make the right decision.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,544 Posts
Thank you. It’s definitely intriguing of a car with that roof scoop. I’ve been told mixed speculation on the possibility of a Perf/Superleggera Evo variant. If the H line needs to live on closer to 2023 than I would be shocked if we don’t get a AWD track oriented car only because Lamborghini knows it will sell and already has the base platform ready for it. Time will tell.
I was told the replacement Huracan will be 2024. BTW, the factory is scheduled to reopen full production on March 25. I was very happy to hear that news.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The outlook for the supercar market is looking pretty grim at the moment with a global recession looming and it's only going to get worst. Every market is different but here in Canada dealers are stacked with cars they can't sell, there must be around 10 SVJ's that are unsold because buyers walked away.

Personally I think the STO is going to be a hard sell if it cost $400k options in. It's not the last Huracan, from what I heard Lamborghini isn't going to attempt another ring record and they're going to market it as the first light weight Huracan that's RWD. At the end of the day it's a Huracan and the Huracan has a ceiling which the STO might hit. The Aventador also had a ceiling which was the SVJ. A lot of dealers are nervous even more so now with what's happening so HQ needs to for once listen and make the right decision.
I think your spot on. The markets for all these cars were already quite saturated, the Coronavirus only further acts as a deflationary risk that will likely postpone purchases for awhile. We all feel less wealthy with the financial markets pullback, but feel confident it will rebound hard eventually. However, in the interim not knowing the timeframe it takes to suppress the virus, many will likely refrain from selling equity at depressed prices and hoard cash for the unknown that lies ahead. Not a good time to sell exotic sports cars.

Automakers often stack various model years or variants of a car at a marginally higher price point to provide some cushion for the previous model years values. As you stated, there becomes a price point for a vehicle that just starts to buffer up against a ceiling for what the car offers from its earlier variants and what it is. I think the SVJ is there, the numbers they made, and a victim of timing economically. Awesome car regardless. The STO may have that risk if Lamborghini thinks it’s more special than the buying public perceives it to be. Another special version that’s AWD shortly behind it and then what, a final version that’s special behind that. August unveil means 2021 model year so the world could look much different by then with a vaccine further along in development and a global economy running on full steam with lower for longer rates and coordinated central banks fueling a strong recovery.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Its' fake news, the IG owner is trying to milk likes and followers. No idea why people do silly crap like this.

Fake picture which is actually the race car. Compare the spoiler and rear engine cover with the spyshot. They don't match.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I think your spot on. The markets for all these cars were already quite saturated, the Coronavirus only further acts as a deflationary risk that will likely postpone purchases for awhile. We all feel less wealthy with the financial markets pullback, but feel confident it will rebound hard eventually. However, in the interim not knowing the timeframe it takes to suppress the virus, many will likely refrain from selling equity at depressed prices and hoard cash for the unknown that lies ahead. Not a good time to sell exotic sports cars.

Automakers often stack various model years or variants of a car at a marginally higher price point to provide some cushion for the previous model years values. As you stated, there becomes a price point for a vehicle that just starts to buffer up against a ceiling for what the car offers from its earlier variants and what it is. I think the SVJ is there, the numbers they made, and a victim of timing economically. Awesome car regardless. The STO may have that risk if Lamborghini thinks it’s more special than the buying public perceives it to be. Another special version that’s AWD shortly behind it and then what, a final version that’s special behind that. August unveil means 2021 model year so the world could look much different by then with a vaccine further along in development and a global economy running on full steam with lower for longer rates and coordinated central banks fueling a strong recovery.
Yes, I agree long ways away and hopefully the economy is more robust than we think and it rebounds. I am happy though Lamborghini is making a stripped out version of the Huracan. I always felt the Performante wasn't hardcore enough.

·
Registered
855 Posts
So much negativity of late so I thought I'd share some positive STO news I got from a friend high up at Lamborghini a few days ago.

The STO won't be number limited and won't be limited, it'll be like the Perf production run but there won't be any dealer demos, they'll build only if there's an order so that should keep production #'s low. Dealers will race teams will get first wave of allocations.

They're looking at 2 year run, it looks to be the last H variant before the replacement. Replacement won't have the V10, they're going with a V8 which all but confirmed. The STO will be the most hardcore modern Lamborghini, it'll stripped down and purpose built as a race car for the streets. Pricing should be pushing $400k USD depending on the Euro/USD.

I also asked if the STO might be scrapped due to the outgoing pandemic he said no because they've already completed the car.

On a side note, I was told the A replacement is out of this world and jaws will drop.

·
Premium Member
12,544 Posts
That is so exciting, both the news on the STO and the A replacement. I’m sure it will be pushing 600k plus. Any idea of pricing on the A replacement?

·
Registered
855 Posts
That is so exciting, both the news on the STO and the A replacement. I’m sure it will be pushing 600k plus. Any idea of pricing on the A replacement?
No idea about pricing for the A replacement. I'm thinking it'll be much higher.

I was also told that Audi will be coming out with their own R8 race car for the streets and they'll looking to take the ring record from the SVJ. It'll be the last R8 variant before it's replaced.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So much negativity of late so I thought I'd share some positive STO news I got from a friend high up at Lamborghini a few days ago.

The STO won't be number limited and won't be limited, it'll be like the Perf production run but there won't be any dealer demos, they'll build only if there's an order so that should keep production #'s low. Dealers will race teams will get first wave of allocations.

They're looking at 2 year run, it looks to be the last H variant before the replacement. Replacement won't have the V10, they're going with a V8 which all but confirmed. The STO will be the most hardcore modern Lamborghini, it'll stripped down and purpose built as a race car for the streets. Pricing should be pushing $400k USD depending on the Euro/USD.

I also asked if the STO might be scrapped due to the outgoing pandemic he said no because they've already completed the car.

On a side note, I was told the A replacement is out of this world and jaws will drop.

I've heard various different theories about what's left in store for the Huracan before it's replacement. I'd honestly be surprised if there won't be another EVO Performante especially since the STO is a very different car compared to the Performante or EVO Performante and doesn't appeal to the same customers since it's on a whole different level of track-focused.

Personally I'm hoping for another performance Spyder version of the Huracan with ALA and a Performante or SVJ-style rear wing possibly since from what I've heard there won't be a STO Spyder/Roadster (which wouldn't make sense anyway). Especially if the H replacement won't keep the V10 I think that Lamborghini will release another EVO Performante + Spyder version as a final Huracan special edition but that's just my guess.

I'm extremely excited for the A replacement and I'm hoping it'll confirm the rumors and push 1100+hp and <7.0s 0-200kph. Also hoping for crazy futuristic styling with a front & rear end light design similiar to the Terzo Millennio.

I'm guessing it'll be unveiled in Geneva 2021 with deliveries rolling out Q3/Q4 next year, what do you think?

·
Premium Member
12,544 Posts
Almdudler, I hope you’re right on all counts. An EVO Perf Spyder would be phenomenal.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If there will be an Evo Perfomante, I might consider this one. If there won't, I will keep my Performante forever. :)

·
Premium Member
12,544 Posts
If there will be an Evo Perfomante, I might consider this one. If there won't, I will keep my Performante forever. :)
I don’t blame you, I would do the same. I had the opportunity to get an HP Spyder last year and didn’t take it because of the color. Now I wish I did.

·
Registered
317 Posts
V8 for next generation (huracan replacement)? oh boy, that's gonna be a controversial decision!

V8 implies they will probably add either forced induction or electric supplement. Between those two, the latter sounds better to me. But neither sounds as good as NA V10.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts