Lamborghini Talk banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
I was told that dealers have been pushing Lamborghini to limit the STO and number it. The SVJ has been a flop, dealers are sitting on cars that buyers backed out of and they can't even give them away with discounts. Same with the EVO AWD, priced too high with Lamborghini financial offering aggressive lease deals to move them. Canadian dealers actually lobbied Lamborghini to lower the MSRP on the EVO which they did and allow customers to have their cars shipped via sea rather than be forced to ship via air only to save even more money.

Reality on the ground is the supermarket is flooded, cars aren't moving, there's too many models and every model is "limited". Also the economy looks to be slowing and heading towards a possible recession which is now been accelerated by the Coronavirus so selling the STO priced at say $400k will be a hard sell in most markets. Historically speaking, the V10's special editions don't command the same money as V12's unless it's very limited.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
12,544 Posts
Maybe that’s part of the reason why the RWD EVO is so much cheaper than the AWD. I couldn’t believe the price difference when they first told me. It is significantly more and the difference between the regular Huracan all wheel drive and rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Maybe that’s part of the reason why the RWD EVO is so much cheaper than the AWD. I couldn’t believe the price difference when they first told me. It is significantly more and the difference between the regular Huracan all wheel drive and rear wheel drive.
Lamborghini really priced the EVO AWD too high and I feel HQ misjudged the market and demand. Dealers were also pissed how the car was rolled out, there wasn't much buzz about it and the biggest selling point was the touch screen which imo wasn't enough to justify the price increase.

·
Registered
359 Posts
My local dealer has 4 AWD EVOs in their lot without buyers. I wonder when they are going to be able to offload those.

·
Premium Member
12,544 Posts
You would think the RWD cars should quite well at that lowered price point. I hope this virus doesn’t set them back too much.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
I was told that dealers have been pushing Lamborghini to limit the STO and number it. The SVJ has been a flop, dealers are sitting on cars that buyers backed out of and they can't even give them away with discounts. Same with the EVO AWD, priced too high with Lamborghini financial offering aggressive lease deals to move them. Canadian dealers actually lobbied Lamborghini to lower the MSRP on the EVO which they did and allow customers to have their cars shipped via sea rather than be forced to ship via air only to save even more money.

Reality on the ground is the supermarket is flooded, cars aren't moving, there's too many models and every model is "limited". Also the economy looks to be slowing and heading towards a possible recession which is now been accelerated by the Coronavirus so selling the STO priced at say $400k will be a hard sell in most markets. Historically speaking, the V10's special editions don't command the same money as V12's unless it's very limited.
On the flip side with Corona-virus and the share markets dropping it may be a great time to buy the STO ( or any other new car ) with better deals....luckily I have time to make a decision as the STO wont be revealed until August...

·
Registered
855 Posts
On the flip side with Corona-virus and the share markets dropping it may be a great time to buy the STO ( or any other new car ) with better deals....luckily I have time to make a decision as it wont be revealed until August...
I don't think that will be the case. A lot of countries are on the brink of a recession which means people become more frugal, spending less and hording cash. Most people buy these toys when they're making money in the market or RE, if both go down that means toys like supercars take the biggest hit.

Like I said earlier, the demand for the STO will depend on how limited it is and the price but the way things are going that might not be enough. My guess is Lamborghini will produce as many as they can sell and pad their profits as long as they can.

·
Premium Member
12,544 Posts
I don't think that will be the case. A lot of countries are on the brink of a recession which means people become more frugal, spending less and hording cash. Most people buy these toys when they're making money in the market or RE, if both go down that means toys like supercars take the biggest hit.

Like I said earlier, the demand for the STO will depend on how limited it is and the price but the way things are going that might not be enough. My guess is Lamborghini will produce as many as they can sell and pad their profits as long as they can.
I agree, they are in the business to make money doing whatever it takes. I never dreamed the Urus would be this successful.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
The Urus success parallels all the other SUV's on the same platform; no surprise there. Super Luxury SUV's are all selling like hotcakes...

I do however believe that the Super Car/ SUV market is going to take a major hit now as the coronavirus hype takes total control of logic...

We're on the verge of global recession...all-of-a-sudden cheap oil and coronavirus spells economic disaster...

·
Registered
78 Posts
What is the price gap between a AWD Evo and RWD Evo?

Design is subjective, but I thought the 610 front looked better than the 580 and you got the carbon ceramics standard on the 610. However, I heard the 580’s did very well in the market because of the price point.

The first thing my dealer mentioned to me regarding the Evo was the price. His comment was that it was kind of expensive. It helped the preowned Performante market stay up for awhile.

·
Premium Member
12,544 Posts
Difference in price between the all wheel drive in the rear wheel drive is $52,000.

·
Premium Member
12,544 Posts
My goodness that’s absurd! AWD car is not $52,000 better. No wonder the RWD cars sell better.
When they first released the price point for the rear wheel drive I thought it was a mistake. It’s just hard not to take advantage of this car, and I really like the cosmetic changes as well.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
So where does that leave the STO pricing wise? MSRP around $300k before options?
Im guessing about that..but you wont need to add to many options IMO...just the colour will be the EO

·
Registered
855 Posts
Im guessing about that..but you wont need to add to many options IMO...just the colour will be the EO
Yah, I'm thinking minimal options just AdP. I heard the STO will have an option for race livery similar to the race car.

·
Premium Member
12,544 Posts
It has to be above the HP base of $281K so $305 seems logical.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts