Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week got a nail in rear tire and since I have 6,000 miles on car both rears would need to be changed to treadwear would be even. There was no stock in Pzero "Lamborghini" rated so I had to contact dealership since they keep their own supply. So got a price to change the 2 rears, was a lot higher than what I can get done at the great local tire shop I use. So decided might as well spend more and just do Michelin PS4S all around. Got out for my first good ride today and what a difference, hold so much better than those crappy Pzeroes. Think when my new car comes in will have them swap tires. Was funny that dealership advised against the change, they said using a different tire can cause issues. I did this same swap on my 2015 Huracan , I did use the Michelins that are "Audi" rated for R8 and i'm sure R8 and Huracan are same

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Are you happy with the way they look? Not saying these are but some tires are ugly looking if you're not used to them. Meaning they give a different look to the car. Only from an owner perspective of course.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never really noticed any difference in how they look? Will have to check that out.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Awesome to hear this - any time I have bought a car with P Zeros on it, I can't wait to change over to Michelins. They grip better, have less road noise, hold up WAY better on a track, and if I recall correctly, are less expensive that the P Zeros. Great tires.
Glad you have had a positive experience with them.
And regarding the dealer saying you could develop issues if you don't use the Pirellis....well, you know....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Scott when I ordered my Ferrari's I specified Michelin over Pirelli's. The Huracan Pirelli's are not as bad as prior Ferrari's ones though but I would still switch to Michelin given the chance.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,608 Posts
There is one consistent comment that I have read innumerable times, that is, go Michelin PS4Ss or go home.....................I will never tire of that tire. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found the Pzeroes break loose to easily just playing on the street. When it comes to quit and smooth I don't notice much difference between them and Pzeroes

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
8,608 Posts
If you are a guy that never tracks his 2016 AV (only does "cruises") and wants the quietest, smoothest ride, would you still go for the Michelin PS4S? THANKS!!
That's an excellent question! Though, I like loud raucous cars that look equally loud and raucous. What did Mae West like saying "it's better to be looked over than over looked". With any luck, when I come come down the main avenue they are going to hear me before they see me. :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
That's an excellent question! Though, I like loud raucous cars that look equally loud and raucous. What did May West like saying "it's better to be looked over than over looked". With any luck, when I come come down the main avenue they are going to hear me before they see me. :ROFLMAO:
For future reference it's Mae West. 🙂

·
Registered
183 Posts
Scott when I ordered my Ferrari's I specified Michelin over Pirelli's. The Huracan Pirelli's are not as bad as prior Ferrari's ones though but I would still switch to Michelin given the chance.
I'm assuming Lamborghini doesn't allow such a thing. Have never been a fan of pirelli, but am a big fan of michelin.

·
Registered
252 Posts
My RWD EVO came with the 19's and P-Zeros. When I swapped up an inch to 20's and Michelin Sport Cup 2s the car rode exponentially better despite the increased wheel diameter. I was actually sort of taken back by how much the ride improved.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm assuming Lamborghini doesn't allow such a thing. Have never been a fan of pirelli, but am a big fan of michelin.
Correct, dealership would not do it. Both my R8's and 2015 huracan came with Pirelli and I changed to Michelins and never had an issue. To be safe I went these that have the AO, "Audi" stamp on them designating them to be used on R8. I'm sure R8 and Lambo AWD system is the same

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...oYear=2020&autoModel=Huracan Evo&autoModClar=

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Also had them correct something that drove me nuts, why doesnt Lamborghini use black wheel weights on black wheels? They were out of black weights so made some for me

Rectangle Gas Font Electronic instrument Pattern

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Registered
183 Posts
My RWD EVO came with the 19's and P-Zeros. When I swapped up an inch to 20's and Michelin Sport Cup 2s the car rode exponentially better despite the increased wheel diameter. I was actually sort of taken back by how much the ride improved.
Did you ever get a chance to try michelins on the 19s? I am planning on getting the Vanir 19s and switching tires at some point.

·
Premium Member
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What I didn’t even notice these on the wheels. Could you show me where they went on yours?
Here are the weights now on my car, excuse how dirty my wheels are as I did a lot of driving this weekend and havent had time to wash
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire

I don't have a before picture but here is a picture of them on my RS5, looked same on my Huracan. This week that tire shop is putting snows on these wheels and they will be using the black weights

Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

1 - 20 of 31 Posts