1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stephan Winkelmann (40) will become President of Automobili
Lamborghini S.p.A

Stephan Winkelmann (40) will become President of Automobili
Lamborghini S.p.A. in Sant'Agata Bolognese (Italy).

In agreement with the Board of Directors of Automobili Lamborghini Holding S.p.A., Dr.-Ing. Werner Mischke (55) will resign as President of Automobili Lamborghini at the end of the year for personal reasons.

Lamborghini, an AUDI AG subsidiary which, together with its sister brands Audi and Seat, makes up the sporty Audi brand group, has experienced an extraordinary upturn in recent years thanks to intensive cooperation with Audi. Its products, technology and quality have set new standards on the world market. Winkelmann’s appointment will further strengthen Lamborghini’s
sales competence and help to achieve international market penetration, which
is essential for the brand’s lasting success.

Winkelmann is currently CEO of Fiat Automobil AG, Germany. He previously performed various sales and marketing functions at Fiat in Italy, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I already met him at Lamborghini Zurich, very nice guy, half-Italian and living in Italy for years.
I'm convinced he'll do a better job than Mieschke, he was to technocratical.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Thank God

Nothing against Germans, but I feel much better that Stephen being half Italian will be better for Lamborghini, which will be better for Audi. The ITALIAN workers (about 90% of them) will also feel much better. Trust me, in Italian manufacturing this change is a major positive. The workers are not like the far east low paid "just do what I say and you'll get to eat tonight workers." They need good conversation, respect, and a good bottle of wine. Just like in America, but replace the wine with beer.

I've conducted business in both countries. Both are unique and I love them. But, the people, places, and cultures are very distinct. I truly feel it is a great combination to produce a car only if THEY CAN GET ALONG WITH EACHOTHER! :kiss: However, from their respective histories, this may be difficult. But with regards to what they have produced, I feel more comfortable with the Italians doing the designs and the Germans doing the mechanics. :rolleyes:

I wish him success and hope he continues the Lamborghini tradition of shocking the world with great cars!

·
Administrator
5,166 Posts
Well that's some progress, now if they can get the Germans outta the design process there might be hope.

·
Premium Member
541 Posts
At one of the gala dinners at this RotB, ex-Pres Mischke accidentally called Lamborghini "Audi" in his Roadster introduction. You guys should've heard the catcalls and the boos afterwards. I hope new prez Winkelmann will not do the same mistake. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts