Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My AV didn’t even come close to fitting on the lift that my G was on, so I bought a super wide one!!

Man, I’m getting old at 46 that darn lift was HEAVY!!

It’s so nice to get my baby on her new home!!

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

And here is a gratuitous pic from the hydraulic fluid run I took the AV to.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Wheel Tire

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one I went with was not on their website. I wanted a super wide one as the AV is 81 inches wide! The lift I got has ramps of 82 inches wide with like 112 inches of room in between the posts making it very easy to drive the car up. The salesman on the phone was measuring this lift as I was on the phone with him. $6600 shipped from Indiana to California.

And yes, I stopped the car and then manually pushed it to the wall! I was too scared to drive any further backwards! I have two laser pointers which I will position so that when I drive it in they will tell me when I have to stop.

·
Registered
2017 Aventador S
169 Posts
The one I went with was not on their website. I wanted a super wide one as the AV is 81 inches wide! The lift I got has ramps of 82 inches wide with like 112 inches of room in between the posts making it very easy to drive the car up. The salesman on the phone was measuring this lift as I was on the phone with him. $6600 shipped from Indiana to California.
Does it have a model number since it's not on their website and does not seem to appear in the pictures?

·
Registered
164 Posts
And yes, I stopped the car and then manually pushed it to the wall! I was too scared to drive any further backwards! I have two laser pointers which I will position so that when I drive it in they will tell me when I have to stop.
I was impressed by the picture - thinking dang that’s close - and I need to get pointers because there is no way I could do that in the A. Love that you shared your “manual” parking technique, lol. The lasers beat the old hang a tennis ball method.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
My AV didn’t even come close to fitting on the lift that my G was on, so I bought a super wide one!!

View attachment 301008

And here is a gratuitous pic from the hydraulic fluid run I took the AV to.

View attachment 301009
Just curious if the system malfunctions and the car is elevated, is there a fail safe method to lower it to the ground? Ie a mechanical way to lower it without electricity?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,845 Posts
Now that would be some crazy fun!

·
Registered
142 Posts

Do you have a picture of the car on the lift from the front? Or could you get one? I'm curious to see how much clearance you have.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just curious if the system malfunctions and the car is elevated, is there a fail safe method to lower it to the ground? Ie a mechanical way to lower it without electricity?
There is no method to lower the car if the lift is on its safety locks and there is no power.

The car should always rest on the safety locks.

That is an awesome sand car!! I bet you pull wheelies all day long! I see that supercharger sticking out!

I really thought about a dedicated sand car, but I’m up in NorCal and if I can make to glamis once a year I’m stoked!

Do you have a picture of the car on the lift from the front? Or could you get one? I'm curious to see how much clearance you have.

Thanks!
See pics!

According to my sales guy, this is the “PSE SR Dually NL” lift.

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2010 Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder Caelum Blu
125 Posts
That pic of your AV from aside on that lift…. Almost looks like a spaceship in a docking bay. D*mn, like that! Nice ride!

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
There is no method to lower the car if the lift is on its safety locks and there is no power.

The car should always rest on the safety locks.

That is an awesome sand car!! I bet you pull wheelies all day long! I see that supercharger sticking out!

I really thought about a dedicated sand car, but I’m up in NorCal and if I can make to glamis once a year I’m stoked!

See pics!

According to my sales guy, this is the “PSE SR Dually NL” lift.

View attachment 301091
Can i assume there’s a number you can call if the system malfunctions? 1 year free service/repair? I’d hate to end up having a lambo stuck on a lift for months on end, until a certified technician comes out to fix it.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,845 Posts
Can i assume there’s a number you can call if the system malfunctions? 1 year free service/repair? I’d hate to end up having a lambo stuck on a lift for months on end, until a certified technician comes out to fix it.
Yes, great question and a big concern.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts