Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, my car finally is going to get new paint over the winter. It leaves next week. It will be gone for about 4 months. They are taking the car apart and painting everything. :)

What do I need to do, say, remind, tell, suggest, to make sure they do the right job? I don't trust anyone.

Also, what if anything should I be doing since I have everthing apart. I already purchase all new rubber, gaskets, door handles, and key holes. Maybe head lights - xenon? :yes:

The car is Superfly yellow, anyone think I should change it? I like Pearl metallic yellow Giallo Orion Mic 2CT *0056 http://www.lambocars.com/archive/paintmur.htm

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
raymondo said:
I like that yellow allot better than my mustard SV, I wouldn't change it.
I like it also, but haven't yet decided what to do. In a few years I want to purchase a Lime green Murci and add it to the collection. Lime is really a great color for a Murci, with black interior and lime threading. I don't think the Diablo will look as good in green.

How about painting the mirrors and wing black?

·
Premium Member
5,177 Posts
I have a black wing, and would rather it be body color. Ha, kind of funny...Maybe I don't like my car at all. :D

·
Premium Member
1,460 Posts
SI LAMBO said:
OK, my car finally is going to get new paint over the winter. It leaves next week. It will be gone for about 4 months. They are taking the car apart and painting everything. :)

What do I need to do, say, remind, tell, suggest, to make sure they do the right job? I don't trust anyone.

Also, what if anything should I be doing since I have everthing apart. I already purchase all new rubber, gaskets, door handles, and key holes. Maybe head lights - xenon? :yes:

The car is Superfly yellow, anyone think I should change it? I like Pearl metallic yellow Giallo Orion Mic 2CT *0056 http://www.lambocars.com/archive/paintmur.htm
who are you going to trust to paint that car?

·
Registered
148 Posts
It certainly does come down to trust when you are talking about getting the whole car done :p

I had the stone chips and a few other marks re sprayed about 2 years ago, then had the full job done with the same guys this year and I am very pleased with the final result. They did a full strip down, replaced most rubbers (not roof) or re-sealed others also added a few finishing touches with carbon fibre on parts I though looked a bit weird but now match the wiper wind deflector :) It is scary seeing your car stripped down to a base coat colour though - looks in a bad way so best to look at all photos in one go rather than bit by bit :-/

Rule of thumb is I suppose if the place you are gonna take it do a good nose job for stone chips and dont over charge (or leave the car "wet" after washing it when you collect, a trick of the trade apparantly to disguise bad paint jobs) then maybe worth the risk of getting the whole she-bang done with them........At least you wont miss the car doing at winter time :eek:

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I already had the pleasure of stripping a few of the parts down. It does give you a chill. My friends thought I was losing my mind. I've painted my 63 & 82 vettes and a few others for fun. This baby is getting a pro do it.

·
Premium Member
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
blkdiablo32 said:
whats wrong with the paint?why are you painting her ?
You cannot tell from the pics, but it really needs it. The car was repainted over the original paint and wasn't a good job. Lot's of chips, cracking, etc.

I bought the car in June of 2004. Sent it to Evans for most of the major phases of the restoration. As you can see from my garage pics, my car has had everything upgraded and restored except the paint. In March 2005 the car complete and ready for paint, but I decided to make them put the car back together so I could drive it over the summer.

It was definitely worth it. If they started the paint in April, I would have missed most of the summer to drive it. Since April I put over 5,000Km and enjoyed every minute. I even took the car places you wouldn't normally take it, but since I didn't care about dings and scratches I felt very comfortable.

The car is being picked up the first week in November and I'm guessing it will take about 4 months to complete. Just in time for some Spring 2006 driving.
I glad I got all the driving out of my system, because with new paint I will be a basket case every time I take it out. :eek:

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I'm no expert but I would go with the original colour - the pearl would be a good choice too although it might be trickier to get right on a full respray perhaps. If resale is a factor, a stock color is likely to be best. Painting in a non-standard color for the model might scare a prospective buyer in the future who is worried the car has had more than just new paint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts