Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Gallardo
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

purchased this 2004 E-gear Gallardo in Giallo Midas back in August. Of course nobody would do a PPI so I did my best to look over the car. Ended up needing about $25,000 worth of work including control arm rebuild and clutch with actuator rebuild. Also required a host of little things to get up to par, but now the car is 100% and all caught up on maintenance. Expecting delivery from HBI Auto on the 22nd so I can finally enjoy it. Hoping to put some HREs and resist the urge to turbo the car.
I’ve read this forum a ton before I was even a Lamborghini owner and I’d like to say thank you for all the advice and for convincing me to buy a 2004. This car is unlike any other model in my opinion. Can’t wait to feel the violent shifts and hear that V10 scream. Picture is me and the West Virginia Game Police on the way home from purchase in Kentucky

·
Registered
2004 Gallardo Coupe E-Gear Giallo Midas
54 Posts
Hey, congrats! Reminds me a bit of mine. Also 2004, giallo midas, egear, 17K miles but had to do:

• New gas tanks
  • Clutch and thrust bearing
  • Some water hoses
  • minor stuff
  • New tires

But now: No error codes anymore and runs like a dream! :)

Have a safe drive and a lot of fun!

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,651 Posts
Congratulations on the rehabilitation of the Gallardo! Can't wait to see pictures of you in your "new" road rocket on the road again. (y) Glad to see you and local law enforcement having fun.......protect and serve!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Congrats. Glad to have you on board.

·
Premium Member
97.0 VT Roadster / 08 Gallardo Spyder
1,205 Posts
So, tell us more about that picture. Did they give you a ticket or was that totally friendly? Also, sorry to hear your experience but why couldn’t you get a PPI done before purchase? Yours is a good reminder to us all that older cars like this need PPIs. But I’m glad that you are back on the road and enjoying it!

·
Registered
316 Posts
So, tell us more about that picture. Did they give you a ticket or was that totally friendly? Also, sorry to hear your experience but why couldn’t you get a PPI done before purchase? Yours is a good reminder to us all that older cars like this need PPIs. But I’m glad that you are back on the road and enjoying it!
+1 on wanting to more about the context of the photo.

+1 on ALL cars should get a PPI (old or new) - cheap insurance for sure

Congrats on the car!

·
Registered
2004 Gallardo
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So they pulled me over because a brake light had gone out the night before (allegedly...) and they wrote me a warning to cover me for the remainder of my trip through WV. Super nice guys. I used to be a federal law enforcement officer though so I may have gotten some special treatment. Nobody within a decent range would do a PPI, and it would have cost me $1200 at least to ship it. Previous owner wasn’t having it. In hindsight I should have bailed on the deal, but I got such a good deal on the car that hopefully when I sell I won’t lose a dime.

·
Registered
2004 Gallardo
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So they pulled me over because a brake light had gone out the night before (allegedly...) and they wrote me a warning to cover me for the remainder of my trip through WV. Super nice guys. I used to be a federal law enforcement officer though so I may have gotten some special treatment. Nobody within a decent range would do a PPI, and it would have cost me $1200 at least to ship it. Previous owner wasn’t having it. In hindsight I should have bailed on the deal, but I got such a good deal on the car that hopefully when I sell I won’t lose a dime.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Congrats - awesome ride!! Lets see more pics!! I'm sure it was mentioned somewhere but is this egear or gated?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Great pic with the po-po! Congrats, enjoy, and keep the shiny side up! (y)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts