Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did it. Had to sell my R8 first, but it did not take long till I found a nice car.

07 Giallo Midas Spyder 2- owner car, no accident with 14,000 miles. Callisto wheels, carbon interior, backup cam. Looks like someone had a professional install aftermarket Pioneer audio, there are additional tweeters which Have been put on dash (and done very nicely).

Car is pristine. I am shipping from west coast and should be here early in the week. Only thing I might do is powdercoat wheels black.

I was going to go one of 2 options.... the cheaper route, a car with 30k miles or more, or try to find a real clean example under 15k miles. Looks like there is a 15-20k spread from these two points.

I ended up splurging on the nicer car. I think if I own for a few years it will be the better car to own. If and when I sell don't the road, it is a 3-owner and under 20k miles. Who knows what the market will be then....so I know I have the room in the lower miles to just enjoy the car.

Thanks for all the help from the advice you guys have given. Will post some pics when I get it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,516 Posts
Love to see some pics. I think you made the right choice and I know you’re going to enjoy it. You usually get what you pay for it with lower mileage you get some peace of mind.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are pics from where it is. Pretty much stock, w/ aftermarket audio. Hoping to have as early as Monday!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I love the yellow seats. Yea...over the top a little, but that is the car. Just happy to find such an unmolested example. Thinking the only thing I might do is powdercoat wheels black and tint windows.

These cars have such nice lines.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Almost a twin to mine but I dont have yellow seats. And my rims were black when I got the car I had them redone to the factory silver color. I didn't like the black rims at all but thats personal preference. Congrats on the car. Enjoy. They are a blast.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just heard word from transporter. Hoping to be here Monday!

Funny, I loved my R8 but last summer, just for the heck of it, I picked up a 500sl to drive for summer. (never having owned a convertible) I enjoyed it so much, I almost never drove the R8. I live in south east us, and even in the summer and 90+, top down driving was always the way I enjoyed driving it.

That got me thinking....So rather than R8 spyder, the Gallardo is a car I always loved. Upon diving into it more and more, the pre-LP was the sound.

Big picture is to just get use to car and then decide if I want to do any mods. Car already has professionally installed pioneer audio,so really only thing I will do initially is tint windows and possibly powder coat wheels.

Exhaust is a possibility and the LOC exhaust seems to be the one that really gives it THAT sound. Not sure though.

I put a exhaust on my R8 and having the loud exhaust (although I loved the way it sounded when I wanted to listen to it) was not always what I wanted to cruise around.

·
Premium Member
13,516 Posts
Beautiful car! Giallo looks amazing on a Spyder, truly one of my favorite colors.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@Lambo812 Beautiful car. What are the red/white/green emblems on the back? I think I have seen them before, but they are cool and fit the car nicely

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Car came in at 10:45 last night. I was tired as hell and just drove it straight home. (met hauler in a shopping ctr for easier access)

Got up this morning with a mission to look it over very well and cleaned it top to bottom.

The car is literally spotless on the exterior. (actually, there is one flaw, more later)....but there is not even a single rock chip on car and there is no PPF on it. I hand washed top to bottom and could not find anything. When I got around to the drivers door, there is a 3/16" vertical scratch about the width of 1/32". It has been touched up as best you can with this paint. Looks like a door was opened into this car and they detailed it as best they could. If I did not point it out, where it lies on the cove of the door makes it hard to see.

But everything else is spotless. Like literally. Kinda crazy since I was not expecting it to really be as nice as described. Interior is fantastic except some minor wear on drivers bolster.

The guy has a Pioneer system installed in it and amp in furnk, with a sub and enclosure hidden in passenger footwell. This is really nice and better than I expected. It is android auto/apple car play ready if I want to run a usb. They actually have the factory back-up cam working perfect within the head unit.

Anyway, just contemplentaing next moves. Tint windows, powder coat wheels, and after only having the car one day, I can definitely see the need for the exhaust ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Beautiful car. IMO, definitely powdercoat the wheels. Something about that black and yellow is just striking.

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
It’s a good day, looks like you and I have been looking at (and bidding/offering on) the same cars for at least two months now! Love that car and the specs. Big congrats on it. My own two cents is 50-50 on the wheels: I like both silver and black to be frank, and then I would think to keep it original factory if that be the case. The yellow on yellow is absolutely stunning, however!

not to steal your thread but I bought an ‘08 G spider and it arrives next week. I’ll post photos in another thread, but again congratulations to you.

·
Premium Member
13,516 Posts
I agree With Taxman about the wheels black ties in with the top and looks amazing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts