Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Huracan EVO (Ordered 07/02/2021)
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all,

New here. Long time Porsche owner. Considering jumping to Lamborghini if I can get an allocation! I’m tired of VAG/Porsche playing silly/stupid games with their GT models. I got lucky (original slot/candidate backed out) in 2015 when I got an allocation for a 991.1 GT3. Did not get an allocation for a 991.2 GT3 RS. I then ordered a 2019 TT (love this car, btw) hoping to get a 2022/23 slot for a GT3RS. May not come into fruition. I can’t compete with our NFL players, MLB players, and/or VIP physicians/doctors. These individuals usually get the special cars here...

I started the process of preparing to order a new 2022 Huracan RWD. I live in Cincinnati, and am aware of Lamborghini in Columbus. I checked their website and not one Lamborghini for sale. I did a Cars.com search and nothing available within a 500 mile radius.

1. Has COVID-19 impacted the availability of new Lamborghini cars?
2. What is the order/purchase process for Lamborghini, i.e., walk-in, email, telcall?
3. What is the down payment amount required?
4. I’ve read numerous threads on this site; is 6-7 months the norm from order/build/delivery?
5. Does anyone have a POC at Lamborghini of Ohio?
6. Does anyone have any suggestions/comments that will steer me in the right direction?
7. Rennlist Porsche/Lamborghini owners mention on various threads that anyone can walk into a Lamborghini dealer and order a car. I find this hard to believe. Is this accurate?

TYIA/Cheers,
B

·
Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
You can order a car no problem but not special edition cars. The same applies to Porsche as you’ve already experienced. An EVO can be ordered no problem.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD (Ordered)
6,576 Posts
Hello Ben,

I also am a Porsche Refuge, and like you, I was fed up with Porsche and a little bored as well. I had 3 new Porsches to include a 2018 718 Cayman S, a 2019 991.2 GT3-RS and a 2018 991.2 GT2-RS but I just got bored. BTW, The 991.2 GT3-RS was all show and no go......power deficient. I have had 2 Lamborghinis and they are the real deal. The acceleration, power and sound of those 10-/12-Cylinder engines are intoxicating. I will never go back to Porsche.

1. Covid has jacked the prices of preowned Lamborghinis's up significantly but you can still buy new for MSRP or a little less
2. I would call a dealership or better yet visit and talk with them to start a relationship
3. The down payment on a new Lamborghini ranges between 5K-25K......just put a 25K deposit on a 2022 EVO
4. the turnaround time is estimated at between 6 or 7 months but there may be some supply constraints and that could extend the production time a little bit
5. No but you can shop anywhere in the US and they will ship it to you. I live in TX and bought 3 Lamborghinis' from Charlotte NC. If you want their contact info let me know
6. Leave Porsche and do Lamborghini and when you are ready you will get a ton of help speccing a new car or help with buying preowned
7. Yes, correct.

Oh yeh, Welcome to the best car forum bar none!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Walk in to a dealer wearing a mask, put your hands in your pockets, and demand a STO.

That’s what I did in January. I have zero status with Lamborghini and it worked for me. I got an allocation and my order was placed this week.

With COVID coming to an end (as we all hope), this may not work in your case for a specialty car.

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
Ben, one thing I forgot to mention is that after 2023 Lamborghini will undergo electrification and there is the looming threat of a GPF. So, if you are inclined to buy new I would do it in the next year or two. As far as we know the 10-/12-Cylinder NA engines will undergo modification and Lamborghini is going to eliminate the 10-Cylinder and do a 8-Cylinder TT........so get a NA engine while it's hot. Now if you go preowned then that avoids the whole electrification or turbo concern.

Reactions: BenDiem

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TY all for your responses!

Lambo2018, TY so much for your complete input/responses to my questions!
Your (et al) responses give me hope. I plan to visit my local dealer when I’m up in Columbus.
Could you pls provide your POC at Charlotte. PM is fine too. That‘s only about 8 hours from me. Not bad. I’ve been reading the forum and I want a 2022/23 RWD (NA V10); no OPF, lol.
I‘m 110% committed to this.
I agree, the NA Porsche GT cars lack low end torque. It’s also a reason why I’m leaving the brand.

TY all again. Your time was very much appreciated!

Best/Cheers,
B

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
The Lamborghini is the best sports car I have ever owned and you won't be disappointed. I will PM the contact info to you.

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
Ben, I sent you the PM.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm a new Lamborghini owner and I found the process to be fairly straight forward. I emailed multiple dealerships about a discount on a new spec order and ultimately went with Lamborghini Las Vegas.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^^ Good to know!
Appreciate it/Cheers,
B

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
LIke others have said, I wouldn't limit myself to one dealer. I live in Texas and bought my car in Florida. During the process of finding a car I spoke to a few Lambo stores. The only one I would not deal with is the one in Chicago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^^^Appreciate the response!
Best/Cheers,
B

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have a lot of respect for GT Porsche's, but the whole allocation game and additional dealer markups is a huge turn off. With the crazy used asking prices of a 991.2 GT3 you literally can buy a Huracan or 458 for the same money, I honestly don't understand the value proposition

Funny thing is that 991.2 GT3's aren't rare either, they made about 15k of them worldwide

Reactions: azzurri

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Owned a 991 GT3 daily drove for 2 years and traded in for a few grand less than I bought it for. Still not as exciting as a Lambo or Ferrari but bulletproof. 911's are a dime a dozen around here and most people cant distinguish a Cayman from a 911.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a lot of respect for GT Porsche's, but the whole allocation game and additional dealer markups is a huge turn off. With the crazy used asking prices of a 991.2 GT3 you literally can buy a Huracan or 458 for the same money, I honestly don't understand the value proposition

Funny thing is that 991.2 GT3's aren't rare either, they made about 15k of them worldwide
Porsche has turned into a joke with this process and the ppl that continue to pay adm seem to have no care for the fact it enables the process. The usual response is that they want it and it’s their money and free market blah blah but it has turned into making it seem like rare items which they are not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^^ Agreed on all points gents. I ordered/owned an early 2015 GT3 for almost five yrs. I enjoyed it after I installed an aftermarket exhaust. Traded it for an ordered 2019 TT, which I ordered as a light weight sports car, sans sunroof. Frankly, how I specced it, including adding an aftermarket exhaust, I find it to be most enjoyable. I had to order a Turbo to be eligible for an RS allocation. It was either a Panamera or a Turbo. My SA gently advised me I had to buy either one if I was serious about an RS allocation. It’s a silly numbers game with PAG dealers. In essence, I’ve purchased several 911s (including a GT3 & Turbo), a Macan S, and now may have to purchase a Cayenne or a Panamera, to qualify for an RS. Madness!

Generally speaking, Porsche is the bridge to Lamborghini & Ferrari. Some choose to walk that bridge while others fear walking over that bridge for various & sundry reasons... Porsche is indeed a very reliable manufacturer. Additionally, their service costs are reasonable, especially when compared to Lamborghini, Ferrari, including other high end manufacturers.

The Porsche brand is similar to Rolex watches, vis-a-vis, Patek Phillipe &/or Breguet watches. I find myself attracted to Rolex because they are well received, respected, iconic, robust, visible in Motorsports and reliable. This is the attraction to both Marques (Porsche & Rolex).

At the end of the day, I much prefer the Lamborghini brand over all other exotics because you get the proven German engineering with Italian style & flair. It’s a match made in heaven!

Here is hoping I find an allocation as I move forward in my quest to own a new Huracan...

Cheers/Best,
B

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
My thoughts on Porsche and the Porsche culture. What is the Porsche culture I experienced, well, if you are interested head on over to Rennlist. By and large that is one of the most unhappy, unwelcoming groups I have ever met. Though, admittedly, I have met some very nice people with the local Porsche club, yet at the same time, my wife and I have also experienced some unabashed jealousy and overt hostility. Why? Frankly, I don’t care why, I have neither the time nor the patience to associate with a group of people that have issues. After all my friends, these are just cars, a hobby, and it should be pure fun without room for small people with jealous natures.
Now as to Porsche here are my observations. I enjoyed owning a Porsche when I did but comparing Porsche and Lamborghini, well, there is no comparison. Lamborghini is a work of art and Porsche is, well, a decent Sports Car and that is as far as I can go and be honest. Porsche is a bit boring and Lamborghini is raw and exhilarating.
Now as to the issue of ADMs……don’t like ADMs no way, no how but that does not fully or completely describe my perspective. Now for the rest of the story…….Every man, women, and child on God’s green earth is limited by one thing, and one thing alone, time. So, understanding our finite existence, there are some people with limited time + limited resources, and others with limited time + ample resources. In that light, if you have the funds, and they are your funds, by all means play away but to say I won’t pay an ADM and miss the experience because I must serve a higher morale good is more self-righteous then I am prepared to be. I for one will not kick the bucket leaving behind a large bank account to prove a point. Well, that is not entirely true, that is, I will if the good people will erect a statue of me as the personification of the righteous warrior. :giggle:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
^^^LOL... You sir, are correct. Long time Rennlist member. A lot of Primadonnas with myopic views & very thin skin, lol. The GT owners are the worst of the Rennlist bunch...

cheers/B

·
Registered
105 Posts
Porsche has turned into a joke with this process and the ppl that continue to pay adm seem to have no care for the fact it enables the process. The usual response is that they want it and it’s their money and free market blah blah but it has turned into making it seem like rare items which they are not.
Azzuri I just sold my 19’ GT3 a few weeks ago. I always lurked but never felt comfortable posting on rennlist. I couldn’t agree more with everyone’s thoughts on the Porsche game and rennlist. It’s a joke. Azzuri I have to admit you were one of the main reasons I decided to order an Evo. You’ve always remarked on how great of a car it is on rennlist and it definitely helped with my exodus from P world. So thank you!

·
Premium Member
6,576 Posts
Amusing story: The wife and I had owned a 718 Cayman S for a few months and caught a glimpse of a Porsche GT3, and thought man that wing thingy looks pretty cool and since after having test driven both the 911 and 911S, and were bored to tears, we felt that GT cars were the way to go. So, we first wangled an allocation for a 2018 991.2 GT3 but as it turns out we happened by the dealership and in the showroom, they had a 2016 991.1 GT3-RS and that wing looked so cool our heads nearly exploded. We went to our SA and requested an allocation for a 2019 991.2 GT3-RS and after obtaining the allocation it was time to spec said car. I requested help on Rennlist with speccing the 3RS, and boy I have to tell you, there were some real unkind sorts, idiots if you will, that were emoting pure hatred and jealousy. One such rocket scientist said “I hope you and your wife spec the bucket seats and you have back problems”. What’s a word for a person like that well, LOSER is a good start but, there were quite a few others with similar unkind lowbrow comments. Why? Well, it appears they felt given that my wife and I were with Porsche for only a couple of months we did not deserve a GT car and that paying an ADM was morally reprehensible. Yet, these are the same people waiting a decade with nothing to show for their patience and some even resorted to buying umpteen Porsches and still didn’t get a GT allocation. We felt buying several Porsches we didn’t want and then taking the legendary Porsche depreciation kick in the teeth several times was far worse than paying an ADM. In the end, we paid a 40K ADM for a 991.2 GT3-RS with a 219K MSRP but, here is the best part, the dealership bought it back from us for 240K when we wanted to sell it. Bottom line is there is more than one way to skin a Cat but, in the end, we would rather skin a Bull. ;)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts