Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I’m new to the forum and I have placed a deposit for my first Lamborghini, a Huracan EVO RWD. I have some questions and would appreciate if you could share some insight.

The dealer has told me that it’s going to take 12 to 14 months to get the car and told me very likely it’s going to be a 2023 car.
I don’t have a lot of problems with waiting it’s just that I’m concerned they replace the car or the V10 in that time frame. The dealer vaguely said there is going to be a new 2023 Huracan but with the V10 engine. This sounds confusing to me. Why would Lamborghini do this just to replace it again one year later when they go hybrid?

Do you have any insight on this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
There's going to be a new variant possibly a final edition Huracan but it'll still have the V10. The replacement doesn't arrive until 2024 so you'll be OK.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's going to be a new variant possibly a final edition Huracan but it'll still have the V10. The replacement doesn't arrive until 2024 so you'll be OK.
And to be clear, it’s a variant in addition to the existing RWD not a variant instead of the RWD?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ordered mine last week as well and they told me the same, 10-14 months. For now it's labeled as a '22 model. Not sure when the cutoff will be for it to be a '23. But I hear the '23 will be the exact same as the '22....but who knows at this point. I say just wait another 2-4 months then ask your dealer for any new info. Or maybe by then we'll have new info on the new models! Exciting times!

V.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ordered mine last week as well and they told me the same, 10-14 months. For now it's labeled as a '22 model. Not sure when the cutoff will be for it to be a '23. But I hear the '23 will be the exact same as the '22....but who knows at this point. I say just wait another 2-4 months then ask your dealer for any new info. Or maybe by then we'll have new info on the new models! Exciting times!

V.
I’d be quite happy if I can get a 2023 RWD identical to the 2022 model! 🤞

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
Everyone on here has me worried about gpf possibility with each passing year so I’m hoping mine is locked as a 22 just in case.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,648 Posts
Some people that have heard a gpf fitted Lambo said it was not bad at all. I’ve never heard one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I‘m optimistic they won’t put GPFs in the 2023 model for a few reasons.
1. I read somewhere that Huracan uses dual fuel injectors which produces less particles than direct injection and presumably has been the reason they could get away with not having GPF in EU.
2. There is precedent form Lamborghini to deliver cars with different regional specs. Like they do for China vs rest of the world. So even if they have to do in for EU, they don’t have to do it for the US.
3. Lamborghini knows many people buy their cars for the sound as one of the main reasons. They would not just mess the sound up if they don’t have to.
4. Audi already delivers R8s to the US without GPFs while they put GPFs in the EU models. If Audi doing this, wouldn’t Lamborghini want to do this as well?
5. The EU-6 emission law presumably will not change until 2025. So if we didn’t get GPFs under the same law for 2022, we wouldn’t get it for 2023 either.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gas (Petrol) Particulate Filter. Earlier this year I had never heard of such a thing in my life. Issue is it reduces the volume of the exhaust note a bit if I understand it correctly.
God I hope not! They serve nothing other than reduce output and noise levels.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,527 Posts
Gas (Petrol) Particulate Filter. Earlier this year I had never heard of such a thing in my life. Issue is it reduces the volume of the exhaust note a bit if I understand it correctly.
Yes, it is to reduce emissions but two untoward outcomes is it kills the sound, and the increased engine back pressure cannot be all that healthy for the engine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts