Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Lambo Family , Owners and Dreamers and those of us who are applying the skills to attain one.

Long time lurker , however feel in love with the Murci and thought unless I get my Chips up (Chips aka Money) I would be dreaming. So here I am sum 15 years later after the Military and working as a contractor in IT.

ME , my Stats...lol

1. Family Man , Yes Kids ..ugh the humanity
2. Solid job:) Tenure ! no not a teacher..lol , I work the (shhhhh) cant tell
3. Salary around 109K will bottom out at 120K in under 8 Years
4. Modest life style
5. Car note GMC around 600 , wife's and family car
6. my DD Paid off 2008 Honda Accord and Paid off 2015 Toya Prius
7. That (Shhhhh Job) matches my monthly TSP so Retirement is good to go

I say all that to stop the myth you have to be a millionaire or you cant finance , all this crap about why you cant do what you want to do.

2020 I will walk into the dealership and leave with a what I want 2015/16 Lamborghini Huracán.

How.

1. Well I call it delayed gratification. My Gratification. now I bet your wondering what about family , bills , etc.

If you live modest , stay within your means and spend time with your family then at the end of the day you will win.

The market is perfect for those of us who are not the 1% , I say that again the market if perfect for the those of us who are no the 1%

Why am I going with Lamborghini Huracán

1. If I purchase in 2020 , I will make sure I pick up a 2015,2016 Model
the body style is timeless. let some one else eat the depreciation.

our goal is to find the model under 200K right! in 2020 this will be a given for the Lamborghini Huracán. The best part is that the model will look just as good now to the common mans eyes. Yes those of us who jump on the freeway 6am and don't see exotics cars , hell I'm lucky to see one 1 every 3 months.

With that said I have taken the below steps.

1. Found a solid dealership
2. Made friends in the finance department , this is important. you need some one to champion for you.

3. Created Sub account within my banking account just for the Lambo

Since I live modest , It easy to save and spend on the Family.
however I have devoted the next 4 years to delay my personal spending
in order to finance the Lamborghini Huracán, call it my toy cash

End Game............

oh! boy I'm going to here it for this one. but I'm open to suggestions and words of wisdom :)

1. 2017-2020 Save 12K a Year (This is easy to do in my case) 50K Cash
2. Locate a White 2015/2016 Lamborghini Huracán and renegotiate the price down to 150K
3. If successful , Finance the remaining 100K with a month of say...$900

Remember that thing about modest living , Ya! my DD cars are paid off , my Wifes GMC shows I can make a large monthly Payment , my Credit score hovers around 700 , and I have 21 Credit Cards all 0 Balance , just one reporting.

any thought?????

oh! Hello all , I look forward to reading the post and learning more about each and everyone of you including the millionaires :):wave:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And Here we Go!

My Friend , I don't recall mentioning the exact details of my loan other than I will finance.

and Yes! $900 it will be...how well ,gee lets see there are

1.32 Months
2.42 Months
3.72 Months
4.100 Months
5. 120 Months
6. 144 Months

Pick one?

Or I may have more cash than expected, I wont know until I arrive.
with that said, rather try to correct me how about encourage.
I am quite confident I can find one if not 150K then 160K

Regardless , the fact remains I am well on my way. and I am learning more and more about the Art and craft. that being said ...I will make sure I keep yoru comment in mind as I drive up the 405 in 2020 in my white Lambo.

now , I shall spend the next hour reading the forum before my kids are up and ready to drive me crazy.

ugh! today is wash the Honda day.

Cheers!!!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And Here we Go!

My Friend , I don't recall mentioning the exact details of my loan other than I will finance.

and Yes! $900 it will be...how well ,gee lets see there are

1.32 Months
2.42 Months
3.72 Months
4.100 Months
5. 120 Months
6. 144 Months

Pick one?

Or I may have more cash than expected, I wont know until I arrive.
with that said, rather try to correct me how about encourage.
I am quite confident I can find one if not 150K then 160K

Regardless , the fact remains I am well on my way. and I am learning more and more about the Art and craft. that being said ...I will make sure I keep your comment in mind as I drive up the 405 in 2020 in my white Lambo.

now , I shall spend the next hour reading the forum before my kids are up and ready to drive me crazy.

ugh! today is wash the Honda day.

Cheers!!!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm going to wait til 2020 too then I almost pulled the trigger for the H and there at 230-220k
But I can wait and enjoy my gallardo a little bit.
I thought the gallardo was done depreciating. but 2020 with huracan at 160 my G might be worth 70

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought the G as an entry. Could not see me losing the money.
but to each his own. Sure are enjoying the G. I could be wrong I just cant see you or I
snatching a 15/16 for anything under 200K. Im not looking for all the bells and stuff just the base model.

had on order the new C63 Coups , then said "nope" Ill wait for the bigger fish.
An exotic.

Anyone ,nice to me you.

Question , fast forward 2020 Late. What do you think a 2015 H will go for?

·
Registered
32 Posts
People are saying by January the price will be at 200k I think as more and more get produced and the supperleggera comes out and some special models the base 610 and 580 will drop . Cars with 260 280 msrp I think will definitely be around 200k soon if you're seeing some around at 220- 215k right now but I really don't know what the market will look like in 2020. I'd be happy if you are correct and I could get one for 160k but I'm not sure if that's realistic. The gallardo depreciated to 40-50% but that's over 10 years old car now.

But for 15k I might not want to wait. I don't know if I can really wait much longer then January to pull the trigger buying an H
I'd suggest don't get the c63. If anything get a gallardo at a reasonable price and enjoy that. I almost leased a 911 Porsche this summer but decided to buy the gallardo instead. I love it ! It has 4k miles it's an egear I would recommend trying to find a 6spd and 2006 and newer although that's rare to find 6spd.
I have a 2015 s65 Benz and it's a great car but even though my gallardo is less then half the price the gallardo is just so exotic and beautiful and commands alot of attention people don't even know what the s65 really is and a c63 compared to a gallardo price wise has to be very close you can get a good gallardo $115-130k

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome LAMBO_2020,

I too have been a long time lurker, learning the ins and outs, and soaking up info as the days and threads go by. I literally just pulled the trigger now to create an account, so that I can reply to you, and more threads in the future...

Let me first begin by saying that im impressed with your ability to manifest your goal. I don't own a lambo yet, but I too am planning on 2020, or earlier, hopefully...

after going through your plan, there was one thing I noticed that's different between your plan and mine... Mortgage. Do you by any chance still have one? I hope to pay mine off within the next two years, then invest, then buy my lambo.... have you by any chance already paid yours off, if you have one?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ohhh and I read your original post wrong.
You were saying to find one under 200k. And finance the 150 with your 50 down.
Got it sorry.
Yea for sure by 2020 they will be at and below 200k for a nice specimen H 2015 and 16.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello Lambo Family , Owners and Dreamers and those of us who are applying the skills to attain one.

Long time lurker , however feel in love with the Murci and thought unless I get my Chips up (Chips aka Money) I would be dreaming. So here I am sum 15 years later after the Military and working as a contractor in IT.

ME , my Stats...lol

1. Family Man , Yes Kids ..ugh the humanity
2. Solid job:) Tenure ! no not a teacher..lol , I work the (shhhhh) cant tell
3. Salary around 109K will bottom out at 120K in under 8 Years
4. Modest life style
5. Car note GMC around 600 , wife's and family car
6. my DD Paid off 2008 Honda Accord and Paid off 2015 Toya Prius
7. That (Shhhhh Job) matches my monthly TSP so Retirement is good to go

I say all that to stop the myth you have to be a millionaire or you cant finance , all this crap about why you cant do what you want to do.

2020 I will walk into the dealership and leave with a what I want 2015/16 Lamborghini Huracán.

How.

1. Well I call it delayed gratification. My Gratification. now I bet your wondering what about family , bills , etc.

If you live modest , stay within your means and spend time with your family then at the end of the day you will win.

The market is perfect for those of us who are not the 1% , I say that again the market if perfect for the those of us who are no the 1%

Why am I going with Lamborghini Huracán

1. If I purchase in 2020 , I will make sure I pick up a 2015,2016 Model
the body style is timeless. let some one else eat the depreciation.

our goal is to find the model under 200K right! in 2020 this will be a given for the Lamborghini Huracán. The best part is that the model will look just as good now to the common mans eyes. Yes those of us who jump on the freeway 6am and don't see exotics cars , hell I'm lucky to see one 1 every 3 months.

With that said I have taken the below steps.

1. Found a solid dealership
2. Made friends in the finance department , this is important. you need some one to champion for you.

3. Created Sub account within my banking account just for the Lambo

Since I live modest , It easy to save and spend on the Family.
however I have devoted the next 4 years to delay my personal spending
in order to finance the Lamborghini Huracán, call it my toy cash

End Game............

oh! boy I'm going to here it for this one. but I'm open to suggestions and words of wisdom :)

1. 2017-2020 Save 12K a Year (This is easy to do in my case) 50K Cash
2. Locate a White 2015/2016 Lamborghini Huracán and renegotiate the price down to 150K
3. If successful , Finance the remaining 100K with a month of say...$900

Remember that thing about modest living , Ya! my DD cars are paid off , my Wifes GMC shows I can make a large monthly Payment , my Credit score hovers around 700 , and I have 21 Credit Cards all 0 Balance , just one reporting.

any thought?????

oh! Hello all , I look forward to reading the post and learning more about each and everyone of you including the millionaires :):wave:

Welcome to the forum. Also Thank you for your service. I'd like to say this as I once was in your situation. That $12k a year saving invest it into a long term investment instead. If all goes good you'll have more then $50k after 4 or 5 years.

Your right you don't need to be a millionaire but it makes it alot easier lol. For the most part your plan is pretty bulletproof just one more thing. Reality is your not going to have 4 or 5 perfect years. A death may happen, surgery or time off work. So therefore you might need to push it to 5-6 years.

If your prices are accurate I will buy another H for track purposes. Because that would be a steal.

Also how do you keep up with 21 credit cards. I just keep my 1 credit card, 2 debit cards, my ID, my 3 phones and IPad on me that's it. I misplace my wallet 4 or 5 times a week.

But nonetheless great plan stick to it. Once again thank you for your service.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Staysleepyc6 , you are correct ..Reality is your not going to have 4 or 5 perfect years
knock on would hard times are behind me, but yes ..I cant assume it will smooth sailing.
however man, can you imagine its 4 years later and I come back on the thread and say hey ... I did it , check out my new 458 :) joking ...lol check out my new H.

I will say , the 458 is somehow growing on me and I don't know why? is that wrong???

oh! the Cards, I need to kill most of them and just run with 4 cards. at this point didnt want to kill my history.

2017 Huracán 610-4 (on the way)
2015 650S (in shop waiting to get EVT855R kit)
2015 Rolls Royce Ghost DD
2015 Rolls Royce Wraith
2008 Hayabusa Turbo
2012 SLS AMG Conv. (wife's DD)

really dude...lmao your asking me about credit cards :) seems like you have the magic formula.

but no really , if the prices do hover around 150,160 or even 170K used, then I think all who are waiting can pull the trigger.

I will say my biggest fear is the speed , how do you go from driving a Honda to a space ship??? what changes.

1. How do you handle drivers , looking and driving
2. Close ,what days do you pull her out , Fri , sat

At 5 to 6 Years , Man we are good to go..ugh! I turn 40 tomorrow ..
if I can do this by 45 then I will be happy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Currently have a GTR and it's amazing but I have become addicted to the sound of the first generation Gallardo's V10... Not sure if I will ever make the switch but it sounds amazing and I have been YouTube trolling non stop lately.

Having a paid-for GTR, I would recommend seeing what is possible to buy straight out when you reach the end of your timeline... Weigh for yourself if having a paid for but non Huracan exotic in 2020 is worth more than a paid for Huracan down the road.

Yeah maybe my comment is lame but figured I would give you my two cents anyways... Best of luck!

My TSP is not matched damnit! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Currently have a GTR and it's amazing but I have become addicted to the sound of the first generation Gallardo's V10... Not sure if I will ever make the switch but it sounds amazing and I have been YouTube trolling non stop lately.

Having a paid-for GTR, I would recommend seeing what is possible to buy straight out when you reach the end of your timeline... Weigh for yourself if having a paid for but non Huracan exotic in 2020 is worth more than a paid for Huracan down the road.

Yeah maybe my comment is lame but figured I would give you my two cents anyways... Best of luck!

My TSP is not matched damnit! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cant remember his name off the top of my head, but have you read the thread from the dude who switched from his GTR to his #888 Gallardo? might be worth a read if u haven't already

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
YouTube trolling non stop lately , Same here.

The pop and gurgle from the H , is insane.
safe to say I'm sold on he H , just some how got caught up in the 458 V8 screaming.

Hell we might be able to get a Lambo A for a good price. Will have to wait and see.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Staysleepyc6 , you are correct ..Reality is your not going to have 4 or 5 perfect years
knock on would hard times are behind me, but yes ..I cant assume it will smooth sailing.
however man, can you imagine its 4 years later and I come back on the thread and say hey ... I did it , check out my new 458 :) joking ...lol check out my new H.

I will say , the 458 is somehow growing on me and I don't know why? is that wrong???

oh! the Cards, I need to kill most of them and just run with 4 cards. at this point didnt want to kill my history.

2017 Huracán 610-4 (on the way)
2015 650S (in shop waiting to get EVT855R kit)
2015 Rolls Royce Ghost DD
2015 Rolls Royce Wraith
2008 Hayabusa Turbo
2012 SLS AMG Conv. (wife's DD)

really dude...lmao your asking me about credit cards :) seems like you have the magic formula.

but no really , if the prices do hover around 150,160 or even 170K used, then I think all who are waiting can pull the trigger.

I will say my biggest fear is the speed , how do you go from driving a Honda to a space ship??? what changes.

1. How do you handle drivers , looking and driving
2. Close ,what days do you pull her out , Fri , sat

At 5 to 6 Years , Man we are good to go..ugh! I turn 40 tomorrow ..
if I can do this by 45 then I will be happy.
Not a big fan of the 458 looks to much like what I had for dinner last night (catfish). I do know how it feel to set a big goal an achieve the feeling is Undescribable. But you have to ask your self is this smart ideal in the future.

The only 2 Ferraris I'm in love with is the 488 and 599 GTO. The 458 was a miss in my book.

Most people look at my garage an say "you've made it" or "you're successful" I reply I'm just getting there. Alot of blood and sweat went into getting my stable. My garage is just a reflection of me that's it.

Yes seriously 21 credit cards is alot lol. It's hard for me to lose a car but real easy to lose a credit card that's why I have 1 an only 1. My magic formula is a clear mind and a glass of wine.

You will speed. But if this is your first "fast" car you will speed alot. I have a turbocharged busa so speeding is fun but I'm use to it. My busa is the only vehicle that accelerates the ways it does and send me home crying to my wife lol.

How do you handle drivers well if your in a small town that doesn't have many exotics then the attention level is high. With that said show boating will become a thing and pictures. But if your city has quite a few exotics then you'll be fine.

What day to let her free that's hard for me to answer. I'm only home 15-20 times a year. So when I do go home I immediately go to my wraith then later go home and get my Turbo S (when I had). But this time will be different because most likely I wont have a sports car in the garage. I say personal drive your H everyday or Thursday-Sunday

Happy birthday. I turned 34 two weeks ago. That big 40 congratulations. 45 is a good time frame.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Thanks for your service!

My advice is very similar to SSC6, you will have other expenses that come up in those 5 years. Since you have a family you need to have a real slush fund before you buy an exotic, there is no way around that. Trust me I understand the desire to just go right for it (nobody is motivated by having a slush fund) but the stress it'll put on you and your family would never be worth it.

I think your goal is 100% attainable and I'm very excited for you, I just want to encourage you to really do things in a way that makes your wife as excited as you are. Happy wife, happy life!

·
Registered
844 Posts
I agree with your modest living strategy. I would strongly suggest buying a G or something you don't have to finance 100k for. Do whatever you want but it sounds like you are pushing to hard for it with that given plan. You think about Insurance and maintenance as well as taxes? My philosophy is pay cash or very close to it. House was paid cash, all my things are paid cash. College was paid cash, my current car paid by cash (bought by family member so I didn't buy a lambo with .... well cash) I am 24 years old. I won't get into my story... but you have the right attitude but I also smell some ignorance in your post. A " I will show you when I am driving down the freeway in my lambo" attitude, which is good but I am simply saying your plan is not how I'd suggest going about it. I want other senior members to chime in here and get their opinion. Lots of new members since I last came through. You calling money "chips" around the age of at least 39 years old calculated off your years after military life scares me and reflects your mind set going into this.

Best of luck though, I am serious.
~Love,
The ball breaker.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts