Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2008 superleggera, 2009 C63 , Superformance Cobra , evo 6:5 Tommi Mak , 1976 LX SS torana
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks sir! It's a lot of fun! I don't drive it as much as I'd like due to work and such. Will have owned
the car 8 years in just a few days.
That’s awesome and a shame but at least it’s waiting there for you when time allows . What a time machine that must be ! Wow . Enjoy many more years ahead I’m sure

·
Registered
147 Posts
That’s awesome and a shame but at least it’s waiting there for you when time allows . What a time machine that must be ! Wow . Enjoy many more years ahead I’m sure

Oh yeah.. its pampered in a climate controlled garage

My good friend is responsible for getting me hooked onto the Lambo craze.. back around 07'

His car wasn't a Super G , but was the same color as your's / was a 2005

LOVED it so much I bought an 04' (yellow) and now this 2011 car is my second . Won't go without one!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congratulations buddy, where are you located? I’m involved in the official club if interested..

·
Registered
2008 superleggera, 2009 C63 , Superformance Cobra , evo 6:5 Tommi Mak , 1976 LX SS torana
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How about just heading further North? Darwin? Balmy and it has a racetrack, and all that Outback you can collect bugs on on the way.
If all the boarders stayed open I’d almost think about that ! But Philip island is 1.5 hours from home ! And that’s not a bad place to roll around

·
Registered
245 Posts
Or 0.5 hours at Superleggera speeds?

But, OMG you could almost not be further way from Darwin and its track and still be in Australia.
So, maybe Darwin's track is not so handy, after all, but it is up North, with warmer weather this time of year.
On a plus side, hopefully any 'roos would jump OVER your car in their death wish of trying to find truck grilles.

It is a super-nice track though. They run the V8 Ute stuff on it, and the outrageous blown V8 compacts that Aussies seem to love.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks so much Cliff ! its my first classic super-car so i cant wait , shes getting a couple of wear and tear mechanical maintenance repairs down then will be home soon. on another topic did you feel any significant improvement to the ownership experience with the pipes and tune you had done. (i.e ) would you do it again if you had the choice .

thanks mate

j

·
Registered
SL #7007
253 Posts
Thanks so much Cliff ! its my first classic super-car so i cant wait , shes getting a couple of wear and tear mechanical maintenance repairs down then will be home soon. on another topic did you feel any significant improvement to the ownership experience with the pipes and tune you had done. (i.e ) would you do it again if you had the choice .

thanks mate

j
So after switching exhausts, I loved the way it sounded. The main reason I changed out the cats was due to Ricky’s video stating the OEM cats are junk and break up causing damage. The extra HP is nice but now the car is pretty loud!

The tune was done for another reason besides just the power. The SL has a different ECU compared to a normal Gallardo. From my understanding, for that reason the SL’s are very sensitive to changes in exhaust. After changing my exhaust I would get a CEL every 500 miles. It was always the same evap CEL. I got tired of clearing it for it to pop up again. So I decided on the tune to turn off that warning ans gain a few more HP as a byproduct.

I would 100% do both again!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Great cliff thanks for that detailed info mate ! Appreciate it a lot . I’m sure in time I’ll do something similar ——— it’s impossible to stop once your mind starts ticking over hey

·
Registered
182 Posts
Congrats Johnnie. I am Melbourne based too. Let's go for a ride some day.

Bully69, how does one join the official club?
Hi Jinster, I’ll PM you..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts