Lamborghini Talk banner

New limited edition Lamborghini coming out, it'll be a modern version of the Countach

31952 348
I heard from my dealer that Lambo will be showing a limited edition (around a 100) car which will be a modern version of the Countach. It'll be based on the Aventador but look like a modern Countach. The car is to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of the Countach. Price will be similar to the Sian, not sure when they'll be showing the car. My guess is Quail which is still on but we shall see.
321 - 340 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
3 things I absolutely hate about that car's design.

1. The ducts on the doors. The NACA design was a defining feature of the Countach. That giant black triangular hole in the side is awful. HUGE!! Follows none of the body lines. Hate it!
2. Headlights. They look tacked on. Why put them at such a weird angle? What is with the dip in the fender behind the head lights? Hate it!
3. What is coming out of its butt? Looks like it is trying to crap out a heat pump or something. Did it back over somebody's HVAC unit and get it stuck under the car?

...and yeah. Call it something else.

I do like the silhouette a lot. The back of the rear quarter panel is really cool.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Only issue I have is the size of the side duct. Then again, the inside of the duct should be a darker shade of the body color(definitely not black), as black makes it look like a black hole… for the green Countach a dark sap green would have made the black hole disappear… how’s that for a quantum statement? 😎

·
Premium Member
1,197 Posts
I am dissenting on this one. I have really tried to like it… but I’m with @Billionaires. It’s just bad

You can’t make a joke worse than this design. And btw have you seen the price?

If offered one for free, but I had to keep it for the rest of my life, I’d pass before committing the garage space.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
My friend here in Montreal took delivery of two and I was able to see the cars in person.

I wasn't blown away and call me crazy but I'd rather save a couple million and buy a SVJ roadster instead which imo looks better.

321 - 340 of 349 Posts