Lamborghini Talk banner

New limited edition Lamborghini coming out, it'll be a modern version of the Countach

33337 Views 348 Replies 47 Participants Last post by  Dennisben
I heard from my dealer that Lambo will be showing a limited edition (around a 100) car which will be a modern version of the Countach. It'll be based on the Aventador but look like a modern Countach. The car is to celebrate the 50 year anniversary of the Countach. Price will be similar to the Sian, not sure when they'll be showing the car. My guess is Quail which is still on but we shall see.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3,286 Posts
Wait.. TWO new V12 models? What's the second one besides this Countach special edition? Possibly an Aventador SVR final edition with 800hp plus 34hp from the supercapacitor? Maybe even going RWD for this one to save weight? Are both V12 cars going to be $1M+ with only <100 units produced?

Since only one of the two will have the Sian powertrain a Roadster version of that limited Countach edition is out of question I think so it has to be something else?
What about the Aventador replacement? OTW agree Countach special edition and final edition AV slotted above SVJ.

· Registered
3,286 Posts
To be honest both possible variants (SVR model above SVJ and Aventador STO) sound equally as exciting. I do hope that car will be somewhat available to us mortals that aren't able to spend $3M+ on it haha. Another important question would be if these two new V12 products will be fitted with a GPF or not. Any guesses?

As it sounds like the Av replacement is set to be released late next year or 2023 at latest. Winkelmann mentioned in the interview that this year will be "a moment of stabilisation" before Lamborghini "pushes things to the next level" in 2022 so my guess is that means Urus facelift/hybrid + Aventador hybrid replacement next year.
My question is whether electric assist will occur with this generation or not. Ferrari has already gone this route SF90 and McLaren Artura soon to follow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts