Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

just wanted to let you know that I have joined the lamborghini family and extremely excited. I just got a 2006 Gallardo from CatsExotics. Many thanks to Roy and Kevin!!!! They rock!!!

Should I get an an extended warranty through lamborghini? what are your thoughts?

Thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
I deal with extended/aftermarket/independent warranty companies as a repair shop on a daily basis. They range from very bad to very good as far as coverage and ease of use goes. I would do a LOT of research before you choose one, and understand that wear items (ie: clutches) are never covered. I'd be happy to look over any potential contracts for you if you'd like.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
This is the one with higher mileage(21,000+) correct? I hope you continue to enjoy it and drive it like the previous owner did :D

Congrats to you!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
yellowducati1098,
It's my understanding that the factory Lamborghini (CPO) extended warranty is only available for cars purchased directly from authorized Lamborghini dealers. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have been "TOLD" independently by 2 franchised dealers that the new Lamborghini sponsored warrenty (called factory CPO) requires sale by a dealer and that the car must be inspected by "factory" Lamborghini people (not simply the dealership) prior to granting the warrenty. Both also indicated that the dealership sustains a 1000.00 inspection fee . The costs for the warrenty then vary when placed. I have been told "free" ( absorbed into the elevated cost of the car) to 8000/yr.

I seriously investigated the warrenty as it appeared to actually be factory sponsored (the insurance policy ones are likely riskier, if the exist) but the market now indicates (to me) that it is superfluous. Simply buy a car at a price where you are basically self-warrenteed. Of course this is riskier and presumes you (as buyer) are not a complete moron in car selection.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought a 24 month extended for my 2007 Gallardo. I was never happy about the original 2 year, especially when just a few months later, the '08 increased it to 3 years. I have 13,000 miles on it. Yes Roy, it is meant to drive, and the whole thing (extended warranty) cost nearly 10 grand ($1800 for the inspection, $7000 for the warranty, plus the requirement to replace 2 tires). Added a Blue LP 560-4 to the garage about 3 weeks ago, so mileage accrual should slow down on both. Note to Richard in Troy. I originally spoke with you 18 months ago about your '07 Verde Ithaca, which had 1K on the clock. I subsequently learned the 3 in the country at the time were factory demos, which explained the high miles, and bought the one with only 200 miles, from the guys at Silicon Valley. Your comment to me at the time ("nobody keeps them that long, anyway") didn't quite apply to my situation. FYI, I took time from a board meeting in Detroit the other day to visit your Auto Mall (one of the secretaries saw my Bentley tie...I have a Continental GT too.... so I grabbed one from the parts department as a thank you gift...nice facility for all the brands). Anyway, back to the topic, I noticed that even though the extended was for my "original owner" car, it is called a "pre-owned", which I assume means they are throwing them in with resales, in an another attempt to lower owner values for those of us dumb enough to buy one (true statement..but I do love the cars..so what the hell:D). Major issue. It's not transferable, so in these rather murky times, if you end up dumping out before it ends, you will have to amortize that considerable cost over fewer months. Lastly, note to Roy. We've emailed, but never met. Unfortunately, while my Lambos go back and forth from NYC to Florida, my Seattle home is a little too far to make that practical....and those streets!:eek:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Note to Richard in Troy. I originally spoke with you 18 months ago about your '07 Verde Ithaca, which had 1K on the clock. I subsequently learned the 3 in the country at the time were factory demos, which explained the high miles, and bought the one with only 200 miles, from the guys at Silicon Valley. Your comment to me at the time ("nobody keeps them that long, anyway") didn't quite apply to my situation. FYI, I took time from a board meeting in Detroit the other day to visit your Auto Mall (one of the secretaries saw my Bentley tie...I have a Continental GT too.... so I grabbed one from the parts department as a thank you gift...nice facility for all the brands).:
Congrats on both the cars! I'm glad you liked the store. It's all water under the bridge & I hope we see you next time you are in town, please stop in and introduce yourself. The detroit auto show starts next month and I'd love to give you the VIP at the stand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts