Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Diablo VT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years of dreaming of owning one I pulled the trigger on a 1995VT last week. She has around 10k miles. The car is currently on its way from NewYork to Florida before coming home to Arkansas. This will be my first "exotic" as I traded my Ferrari 360 Spider in on her. The anticipation is killer but they are going to go through the car and fix or service any needs before shipping. Also looking at doing front PPF and maybe updating the audio to at least accept blue tooth. Have been pouring over the forums for any and all information that may be helpful. Will post more as things progress.

Also have an IG page laing.todd that is post up all my car related stuff is anyone wants to follow and see how she turns out.

Todd

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Congratulations, what an incredible car.

Reactions: Toddlambo

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
Todd, that is an amazing car. Like many of us, I had a diablo poster on my wall as a kid for years, and owning one has been a lifelong dream and measure of my hard work. I wish you the same wild ride I have had with my Diablo! Once in a lifetime..

·
Registered
1994 Diablo VT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Todd, that is an amazing car. Like many of us, I had a diablo poster on my wall as a kid for years, and owning one has been a lifelong dream and measure of my hard work. I wish you the same wild ride I have had with my Diablo! Once in a lifetime..
Thanks for the kind words! I still want believe it’s real until she comes off the truck! Lol. The delivery to Florida was delayed to due to bad weather so it goes. Planning on getting the full front done with PPF and modernizing the sound system before they send her my way! Plus and service needs.! So several more sleepless weeks ahead!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
First thing you gotta do, switch the exhaust tips around, that’s NOT the OEM look. Second thing, remove the VT. Well, do that after driving it for a while so you really get to appreciate how much better it drives sans the VT.

God, this makes me miss my 94 so bad. She left to her new home last week. I still have my Roadster to keep me company.

·
Registered
1994 Diablo VT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You are a lucky man. I wanted a Roadster bad! Supposedly the exhaust was done by Al Burtoni? Have to get her here and see how she sounds. At this point I have not even sat in a Diablo so I’m sure I’m in for sensory over just to start. How hard is it to change to 2wd? [/QUOTE]

·
Registered
161 Posts
You are a lucky man. I wanted a Roadster bad! Supposedly the exhaust was done by Al Burtoni? Have to get her here and see how she sounds. At this point I have not even sat in a Diablo so I’m sure I’m in for sensory over just to start. How hard is it to change to 2wd?
[/QUOTE]

Not hard at all to do it yourself, but you need a lift. You’ll also need studs from SV or better still, ones Whiteout sells.

Best part, easily reversible if you don’t like it, but I don’t know anyone that went back.

Roadster or coupe, these cars are such an explosive experience especially given today’s exotics. I predict they will become more valuable than even the Countach because of the age demographic they appeal to.

·
Registered
1994 Diablo VT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I definitely feel they have room to move up price wise for sure! Appreciate the information. Do you guys keep your on battery tenders while they sit?? If so are you going directly to the battery or using the cigarette lighter socket??

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
299 Posts
I definitely feel they have room to move up price wise for sure! Appreciate the information. Do you guys keep your on battery tenders while they sit?? If so are you going directly to the battery or using the cigarette lighter socket??
Congrats again, Todd!
Definitely put it on a tender. A dead battery will wreak havoc on these cars.
I use the cigarette lighter on my other cars, but I don’t want to chance shorting something in this one. You can hook up a pigtail in the driver side wheel well. I just didn’t like the idea of that dangling exposed to road debris. I use the megafuse and chassis ground in the engine compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1994 Diablo VT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the info. I’ll pass it on to the guys going over the car. I have a Cteck charger already. I though they could run the connector from the battery into the engine compartment??

·
Registered
1998 Lamborghini Diablo SV
299 Posts
Thanks for the info. I’ll pass it on to the guys going over the car. I have a Cteck charger already. I though they could run the connector from the battery into the engine compartment??
That's possible, too. Mine actually had that setup when I got it. But the cord wasn't secured properly and melted 😩. It gets mighty hot in there

·
Registered
1994 Diablo VT
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That's possible, too. Mine actually had that setup when I got it. But the cord wasn't secured properly and melted 😩. It gets mighty hot in there
I’m trying to get everything buttoned up before she ships. It also has a older sound system that looks amazing but I hope the can take the old head unit out and put a more modern one in!
Car Hood Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive tail & brake light

1 - 20 of 120 Posts