Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was mirror tapping my radar. I opened up the box from the YouTube video. However, I ended up finding this (black plate was over tightened and broken. There is also a missing screw)

Has anyone else had issues with their car. Mine is a 2021 and i only have 240 miles on it.

Also, one of the Lamborghini caps came off of my 20inch wheel on the rear driver side. I contacted the where i bought it and they are mailing me another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,846 Posts
So today I was mirror tapping my radar. I opened up the box from the YouTube video. However, I ended up finding this (black plate was over tightened and broken. There is also a missing screw)

Has anyone else had issues with their car. Mine is a 2021 and i only have 240 miles on it.

Also, one of the Lamborghini caps came off of my 20inch wheel on the rear driver side. I contacted the where i bought it and they are mailing me another one.

That is disappointing to hear. I have a 2021 coming in in a couple of weeks and I will give it a real close look, especially the wheel caps. If they’re loose I might use some silicone to keep them on there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is disappointing to hear. I have a 2021 coming in in a couple of weeks and I will give it a real close look, especially the wheel caps. If they’re loose I might use some silicone to keep them on there.
I emailed my sakes guy. I’m sure he’ll get it fixed but it makes me wonder what else there could be that we can’t see. I’ll keep you guys posted.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
you guys cannot be so anal about a screw missing it could have somehow fell off or quality control at the factory did not see it. it's not like they forgot a motor mount. go out and enjoy the car.

Reactions: ULTIMATEPD

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
its a little lighter
i understand the point as a screw missing in one spot, what else?
i am used to be hearing quality control issues with mclaren, not so much Lamborghini.
Not that I am grad to hear other brands missing stuff, but every brand is susceptible to issues nw and again.

·
Registered
18 Posts

I’d be pretty upset simply because you expect superior quality when you pay these prices. It’s a little thing, but you’re right I’d be wondering what else is missing?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,040 Posts
Agree with @Djh69, this is a problem and there may be other problems yet to be uncovered. Can you bring the car back to the dealership and have them go over the entire car with a fine toothed comb? Russ' suggestion regarding the use of silicone is not a bad idea but on a 2021 model? Heck maybe on an old beater if you want to crack out the silicone or worse yet duck tape be my guest but on a 2021 Lamborghini......I don't think so. Let us know how this is resolved and this may serve as a heads up for those of us with incoming cars. Good luck!

·
Registered
955 Posts
You mention you contacted where you bought the wheel cap. Are they not the original that came with the car?

·
Vendor
2,033 Posts
you guys cannot be so anal about a screw missing it could have somehow fell off or quality control at the factory did not see it. it's not like they forgot a motor mount. go out and enjoy the car.
Well said
Has anyone owned a Mclaren? Half the car is put together with double sided tape and velco

·
Premium Member
15,846 Posts
I know Lamborghini has very strict and rigorous quality control standards. they literally check everything out for the screw, so it is a little surprising in Florida could get through that defense.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,040 Posts
I know Lamborghini has very strict and rigorous quality control standards.
Maybe they need a tad more rigor in their rigorous........................or not. ;)

·
Premium Member
15,846 Posts
I do have to say in the last 5 I have owned they were flawless with only one exception and that was the failure of the hydraulic system that operates the soft top.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,040 Posts
I do have to say in the last 5 I have owned they were flawless with only one exception and that was the failure of the hydraulic system that operates the soft top.
Great to hear.......hopefully all my engine mounts are present and accounted for but, if not, I guess I have a fancy Rosso Mars Flintstone mobile.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Dumbest thing I have read in a long time.
Why? your saying they don't use double sided tape? The 720 does. Just sayin.
Reddit: "I believe the piece you’re referring to is attached via double sided tape/epoxy. If your car sits in the hot sun all day it will cause that to come undone, lending to it catching when closing the door, and cracking the gorilla glass. "

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,040 Posts
No question that exotic car manufacturers use double sided tape. When they were doing the PPF on my 2RS they had to remove the plastic bits like the NACA ducts and side vents. Interesting when they removed the two NACA ducts the technician that assembled my 2RS forgot to remove the paper to expose the adhesive so it was held in only by friction from the rim of the NACA cut out. That was corrected when they did the PPF.

·
Premium Member
15,846 Posts
I know members in the past have complained about losing a wheel cap. When I heard I did go out and check all of mine and although they do have some movement they seem to be held on quite well. It probably isn't a bad idea to mention it to your dealer and ask to double check the caps before you take delivery.

Reactions: jzaveri89

·
Registered
Current: SVJ, Pista, Urus, G80 M3 | Previous: 610, 580, Performante, Aventador
1,218 Posts
You have to remember these cars are hand built so there's going to be human error. My SVJ had a screw missing in the wheel well and a rivet missing on the rear fender. Don't let a missing screw stress you out, let the dealer deal with it and continue to enjoy your car.

Btw, there was a service bulletin for the the wheel caps popping up a year back. It's a well known issue and the dealer will fix it.

·
Premium Member
1,301 Posts
Well said
Has anyone owned a Mclaren? Half the car is put together with double sided tape and velco
Pretty sure my Lotus has even more, must be a British thing?

Reactions: DXM31
1 - 20 of 49 Posts