Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been a long time reader of the forum, and this is my first post.

I have been planning a spec for a Huracan EVO over the last few weeks. I've been given an estimated delivery date of circa June next year if I get the deposit in next week... however... I had a call from the dealership this morning to say they could offer me a slot for an STO either which would also arrive in June next year.

As much as I appreciate and respect what the STO is, I've never been a 'wing' guy, and one of my favourite things about the Huracan design, is the clean sloping design of the rear of the car.

I currently have a Lamborghini Huracan 610-4, which I love, but I've always wanted to spec my own, so I am really looking forward to speccing my own Huracan, however I am now trying to make my mind up, which is the better option... EVO or STO.

Some notes and thoughts:

01 - Considering this (EVO or STO) is very much likely to be the last NA engine, I was planning on this car being a keeper (I already have a few classics), so it is important that it is a car that I like, and not to just choose the one that the market likes because of the hype associated with a limited edition variant (i.e - the STO), or trying to buy a car that will hold it's value best (i don't buy cars as investments... I buy them to drive and enjoy, and any form of appreciation is just an upside)

02 - Would I be mad to pass on the opportunity to get an STO?

03 - How limited will the STO be... how special is the car over the standard EVO? Maybe it's a case that anyone can order one now?

04 - I don't track cars (yes, I'm boring)... I prefer to go for a spirited drive when the roads are quite, late at night

05 - Maybe remove the wing for a few weeks and see how I feel, as it looks easy to add back on :)

The main question that I am asking myself is... given that I plan on holding onto this car as a keeper... in 10 years time, would I regret not choosing the more limited / special edition STO?

While I understand this is all a personal preference, I'd really welcome other people's thoughts on the forum, as I'm sure there are lots of other things to consider. Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi,

I've been a long time reader of the forum, and this is my first post.

I have been planning a spec for a Huracan EVO over the last few weeks. I've been given an estimated delivery date of circa June next year if I get the deposit in next week... however... I had a call from the dealership this morning to say they could offer me a slot for an STO either which would also arrive in June next year.

As much as I appreciate and respect what the STO is, I've never been a 'wing' guy, and one of my favourite things about the Huracan design, is the clean sloping design of the rear of the car.

I currently have a Lamborghini Huracan 610-4, which I love, but I've always wanted to spec my own, so I am really looking forward to speccing my own Huracan, however I am now trying to make my mind up, which is the better option... EVO or STO.

Some notes and thoughts:

01 - Considering this (EVO or STO) is very much likely to be the last NA engine, I was planning on this car being a keeper (I already have a few classics), so it is important that it is a car that I like, and not to just choose the one that the market likes because of the hype associated with a limited edition variant (i.e - the STO), or trying to buy a car that will hold it's value best (i don't buy cars as investments... I buy them to drive and enjoy, and any form of appreciation is just an upside)

02 - Would I be mad to pass on the opportunity to get an STO?

03 - How limited will the STO be... how special is the car over the standard EVO? Maybe it's a case that anyone can order one now?

04 - I don't track cars (yes, I'm boring)... I prefer to go for a spirited drive when the roads are quite, late at night

05 - Maybe remove the wing for a few weeks and see how I feel, as it looks easy to add back on :)

The main question that I am asking myself is... given that I plan on holding onto this car as a keeper... in 10 years time, would I regret not choosing the more limited / special edition STO?

While I understand this is all a personal preference, I'd really welcome other people's thoughts on the forum, as I'm sure there are lots of other things to consider. Thanks in advance for your help.
I think you should, if possible, drive them both and see which one you like more. As of now the market is hot for both so you can't go wrong with either, but who the hell knows where we will be in 10 years.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,833 Posts
I would definitely NOT pass on an opportunity to acquire an STO.......here in the US they are getting over $200K USD over MSRP for preowned examples. Now to answer your questions:

1. buying the limited edition is more prudent and in my case I am on my second EVO and I will be ordering an STO. I intend to keep both and watch them appreciate given the 10-Cylinder NA are last of breed
2. Not necessarily Mad but imprudent
3. How limited is harder to answer but I think the circulated guesstimate is the numbers produced will be similar to the Performante, maybe around 1800 examples
4. I don't track either and I enjoy my sports cars in a similar fashion
5. Not sure I would recommend that but if you get both the EVO and the STO you can drive the wingless flavor on the days you are so inclined

Best of luck!

Reactions: Cadster

·
Administrator
3,703 Posts
I would definitely NOT pass on an opportunity to acquire an STO.......here in the US they are getting over $200K USD over MSRP for preowned examples. Now to answer your questions:

1. buying the limited edition is more prudent and in my case I am on my second EVO and I will be ordering an STO. I intend to keep both and watch them appreciate given the 10-Cylinder NA are last of breed
2. Not necessarily Mad but imprudent
3. How limited is harder to answer but I think the circulated guesstimate is the numbers produced will be similar to the Performante, maybe around 1800 examples
4. I don't track either and I enjoy my sports cars in a similar fashion
5. Not sure I would recommend that but if you get both the EVO and the STO you can drive the wingless flavor on the days you are so inclined

Best of luck!
200? Most I’ve heard one actually selling for was 100k over and that was when they first came out. Not sure what they’re going for now but I’m guessing less.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,833 Posts
200? Most I’ve heard one actually selling for was 100k over and that was when they first came out. Not sure what they’re going for now but I’m guessing less.
Well, they may not get it but that's what they are asking at the Dallas Lamborghini dealership:
The first MSRP: $372K asking $580K
The second MSRP: $383k asking $570K

·
Administrator
3,703 Posts
Ambitious pricing. Low MSRP too to be honest

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,833 Posts
Here is a slightly less costly one ($550K) but seems like a low spec from the description:

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Maybe very early owners got $200k but STO's are not selling for $200k+ as of now.

I was offered $75k for mine although it's a basic spec I was told this is the going price. Also keep in mind there's a lot more STO's that are expected to get delivered next year and it seems like people who were on wait lists are getting allocations.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,833 Posts
Interesting. Do you know any dealerships that are selling preowned STO's close to MSRP?

·
Registered
209 Posts
In regards to STO resale market, they’re going for about 120-140K over or so. That’s dealer to retail buyers. Wholesale to dealer is about 70-90K over and I’ve spoken to a couple of dealers. Those asking 200K over are in dreamland and the cars aren’t moving.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Maybe very early owners got $200k but STO's are not selling for $200k+ as of now.

I was offered $75k for mine although it's a basic spec I was told this is the going price. Also keep in mind there's a lot more STO's that are expected to get delivered next year and it seems like people who were on wait lists are getting allocations.
That’s a decent offer. You may be able to get another $10K or so. If you don’t love the car, I believe it’s an offer you should accept. The STO is a sell at current valuations….. But if you love the car, then keep it!

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I might take the offer because I don't think I'll get anywhere close to $75k next spring.

And like I posted in the STO thread Canadian dealers still have 30+ confirmed STO's arriving next year and that doesn't include any new allocations they might receive. It seems like Lambo is going to open the flood gates for the STO.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Interesting. Do you know any dealerships that are selling preowned STO's close to MSRP?
There's a few STO's CDN dealers have for sale but all them are consignments. You're not going to see actual used STO's hit the market until next spring/summer because deliveries have been slow.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I might take the offer because I don't think I'll get anywhere close to $75k next spring.

And like I posted in the STO thread Canadian dealers still have 30+ confirmed STO's arriving next year and that doesn't include any new allocations they might receive. It seems like Lambo is going to open the flood gates for the STO.
Yes, it’s a pretty good offer. If you were in the USA, I believe the 2 dealers I know may give you a bit more…... $75k over is in the ballpark though

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,833 Posts
Maybe but I guess a lot of people are drinking the Kool Aid. :giggle:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Maybe but I guess a lot of people are drinking the Kool Aid. :giggle:

Yes, these cars have been sitting around. Small sample size, but actual transaction numbers are more in the 70-120K premium range…..maybe a few outliers that I don’t know of.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The US wholesale sale market is starting around the 70/75 range as stated by Rayvegas for the base spec cars. But it’s trending up a little, at least wholesale, so that means retail end user sales will rise a little also.

there still hasn’t been a lot of deliveries stateside yet.

Any further delays in other exotics will push Lambo up. Mclaren is delaying everything now. No 720s till end of next year. 765LT spiders pushed at least a 1Q.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
A lot the STO's sitting have also been flipped a few times.

There's going to be a big dump of STO's next year, like I mentioned Canadian dealers are still expecting quite few STO's to arrive which will put pressure on STO's with $100k+ over lists. Also higher spec'd cars will take the biggest hit once prices start coming down.

Like with any non-limited models it's best to get the earliest car if you want to make money.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I expect the Evo used car prices to tank before the STO. Just due to sheer numbers of Evos compared to STOs. For sure the peak is here or close to it, as far as pricing goes for both.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts