Lamborghini Talk banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Lamborghini Huracan EVO RWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Exhaust setup for the Huracan EVO and EVO RWD, now all Huracan s sold in China are equiped with 4 OPF/GPFs after the catalytic converters, the exhaust note is quite different compared to the non-opf/gpf version.

Please feel free to leave your comments for this new exhaust systems. Sound bad or not too bad?

Finally, does anyone have any information of the Huracan STO race exhaust (any new design feature or new sound quality?)

Video Link for the OPF/GPF exhaust (*both outside REV and cockpit REV are OPF/GFP equipped car)

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Yikes glad I got my car before we get them, which I'm sure will be soon

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,887 Posts
It sounds really good just stock, I couldn't make any determination on the second part. The only option I am aware of right now is the Akrpovic Race exhaust made exclusively for Lamborghini. It will be for the EVO & the HP. I would love to get more info on it but I can't find anything yet. My dealer tells me it will cost about $10,500 USD.

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
15,887 Posts
Yikes glad I got my car before we get them, which I'm sure will be soon
Yes! The GPF is coming and there is talk of it starting as early as 2022 model year cars coming out of Lamborghini. I have also heard it will hit the European market first, in fact it might have already started?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I was at the dealer in Charlotte today (more on that in another thread) asked them about GPF and they didn’t know for 2022, other than what happens in EU will follow suit here in US.

The question is whether an aftermarket exhaust will work on the 2022s if they indeed come equipped with them (without throwing codes).

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
At least a few of us got in under the wire..........

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Really hard to tell much of the actual exhaust tones by video under most circumstances. In this one you have an outside non-GPF video and then the GPF video is from the cockpit which totally changes the tone anyways.

That said, with the new filters, it’s going to be pretty difficult to keep the awesome stock sound. With the Ferrari group, I’ve heard that the new gpf system is tied into the engine management system so if you remove it the car won’t run right (I haven’t confirmed this is true). Makes for a total headache, but I’m sure the aftermarket guys will be all over this with workarounds.

·
Registered
2020 Lamborghini Huracan EVO RWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Really hard to tell much of the actual exhaust tones by video under most circumstances. In this one you have an outside non-GPF video and then the GPF video is from the cockpit which totally changes the tone anyways.

That said, with the new filters, it’s going to be pretty difficult to keep the awesome stock sound. With the Ferrari group, I’ve heard that the new gpf system is tied into the engine management system so if you remove it the car won’t run right (I haven’t confirmed this is true). Makes for a total headache, but I’m sure the aftermarket guys will be all over this with workarounds.
Both outside and inside sound tracks are for the Huracan EVO with GPF/OPF, they are the same car, I am sorry for this confusion

·
Registered
196 Posts
My dealer said for 2021 GPF was for Asian markets only. Hopefully they can hold out in other markets where it is not mandatory

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD
4,096 Posts
The other thing is the increased back pressure with the GPF is not engine friendly and will over time affect the longevity of the engine. See attached link and there is an extensive writeup by the engineering department at M.I.T. and you can download the PDF embedded in the link. One quote that speaks to our collective concerns:

"A GPF will create an additional back-pressure in the engine exhaust system that will reduce engine power and efficiency. This backpressure will increase as PM* is trapped in the filter and decrease as combustible PM* removed. A buildup of incombustible ash present in engine-out PM* will increase the baseline backpressure of the filter during the course of its service life."

*PM = Particulate Mass

·
Registered
2007 LP640 Balloon White
141 Posts
As daunting as this is, the aftermarket has a long history of "fixing" problems like these....hopefully this will happen here as well.

·
Premium Member
1,309 Posts
I think the days of working around these kinds of devices are numbered.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
The other thing is the increased back pressure with the GPF is not engine friendly and will over time affect the longevity of the engine. See attached link and there is an extensive writeup by the engineering department at M.I.T. and you can download the PDF embedded in the link. One quote that speaks to our collective concerns:

"A GPF will create an additional back-pressure in the engine exhaust system that will reduce engine power and efficiency. This backpressure will increase as PM* is trapped in the filter and decrease as combustible PM* removed. A buildup of incombustible ash present in engine-out PM* will increase the baseline backpressure of the filter during the course of its service life."

*PM = Particulate Mass
That sounds horrible. I think things are going too far with all this stuff. Where I live the emissions of my cars come out cleaner than the air I breath already. Enough is enough imho.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If Lambo does introduce it maybe it will be passive one where it can be removed without issue like on the 911 speedster, cayman GT4, and spyder.

·
Registered
196 Posts
they couldnt fix F8.
Novitec makes a GPF delete exhaust. You need novitec dongle that plugs into obd that pre-clears gpf errors

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is only for the Asian market in 2021, from my2022 (>May 2021) everywhere.

The Akrapovic exhaust was made to bypass the GPF at a high price however, since it costs 15k USD.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts