Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Latest interview with Winkelmann - other than the Aventador stuff, what I'm interested in is the following:

Will the Huracán’s V10 engine survive into the hybrid era?

“It’s a bit early to talk about it, because this will happen in 2024. We are concentrating on the year 2021, when we will have another car next to the Ultimae with a V12 engine and a supercapacitor. In 2022, we will have two new launches, based on the Huracán and Urus, and then in 2023 and 2024 we will hybridise the complete line-up.”

Discuss!

Edit: forgot to add link

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
17,470 Posts
Well that is pretty clear. It will be interesting to see the new launches in 2022.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
He mentioned full hybridization by 2024 so my guess is replacement gets shown in 2023, deliveries in 2024.

And my guess is Huracan model next year will probably be the final edition model.

·
Registered
27 Posts
He mentioned full hybridization by 2024 so my guess is replacement gets shown in 2023, deliveries in 2024.

And my guess is Huracan model next year will probably be the final edition model.
STO without the wing/aero devices just like the Aventador Ultimae would be my guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
17,470 Posts

I agree, that’s how I interpreted it.

·
Registered
2022 Huracan Evo rwd (ordered)
84 Posts
any guesses on the price range? if its like a newer evo then I don't see a point to order the current evo rwd. if its a wingless STO then its out of my range anyways.

·
Registered
115 Posts
So this basically confirms the new Urus Sport with 670-680HP as well as the Huracan final edition next year. The final Huracan could be one of two things:

It'll either be like the Ultimae - a street version of the STO without the crazy aero, AWD, front end from the Evo, rear from the STO and with a special pattern-designed interior similiar to the Performante & Ultimae (rest of the interior will be a mix of Evo & STO)

or it will be another AWD track focused car with the ALA system (both of which the STO is missing) as a successor to the Performante (think SV -> SVJ), possibly called the "Superleggera". This is rather unlikely considering many think of the STO as that final track focused Huracan but it'll be interesting to see what they come up with. I'm also curious if they are going to bump to HP up to 650, 660 or 670 (since Lamborghini often said that the V10 is already maxed out on hp)

·
Premium Member
17,470 Posts
Bonus if they put it on the steering wheel.
Wouldn’t that be great. Sure hope the replacement model incorporates those steering wheel features we see on so many other cars.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What do you guys reckon will happen to the values of the current Huracan lineup?
Nobody knows but other than this inflationary bump which will revert to the mean at some point, prices generally go down - how much and and what point is anyone's guess. but inventory is already building back up for things like Performantes (50+ for sale vs 20 something a few months ago) but the EVO rwds are still flying off the shelf. If this new derivative is an updated Performante then the original will probably go down but it'll never tank like a Mclaren 12C or anything. But don't think anyone should buy cars in this environment especially and think they're an investment. At least in the near or medium term. Maybe in 15 years, it'll be worth 2x.

·
Registered
269 Posts
As far as I know, STO and Evo order books are strong through next year. Whatever new Huracan is launched, I think it needs to a) fill a market void and b) be higher margin car than the STO.

My bet is a Spyder variant of the STO. The aero will be scaled back (smaller or no rear wing) but the rest of the bodywork and bits under the skin more or less unchanged. Apparently they’ve said they won’t do a Spyder STO (?), but they can play semantics and just call it something else.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Nobody knows but other than this inflationary bump which will revert to the mean at some point, prices generally go down - how much and and what point is anyone's guess. but inventory is already building back up for things like Performantes (50+ for sale vs 20 something a few months ago) but the EVO rwds are still flying off the shelf. If this new derivative is an updated Performante then the original will probably go down but it'll never tank like a Mclaren 12C or anything. But don't think anyone should buy cars in this environment especially and think they're an investment. At least in the near or medium term. Maybe in 15 years, it'll be worth 2x.
Good time to sell now?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good time to sell now?
Probably better than it will be going forward but maybe not as good as 3-4 months ago. But hard to time the market to perfection - and if you're selling now, whatever you roll your cash into will be at the same valuation unless you plan on sitting the market out. But then that's at the cost of not getting to drive that car when roads aren't fully back to normal traffic yet :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Probably better than it will be going forward but maybe not as good as 3-4 months ago. But hard to time the market to perfection - and if you're selling now, whatever you roll your cash into will be at the same valuation unless you plan on sitting the market out. But then that's at the cost of not getting to drive that car when roads aren't fully back to normal traffic yet :)
Thats my only issue...

There's no way I'll garage the car for 4-5 months (I'm in Canada too). I rather use the cash in my business for those 4-5 months. But like you said, if I buy something else, I'll still be overpaying. Maybe I should lease something for the time being.

So I just don't know when to sell... or how to sell. Maybe I should call up some dealers (lambo branded + non-lambo), or find an exporter, lol.

If I can recoup most of my cash back now, I would definitely sell, wait out until next year, and buy something then. I would expects prices to at least become more sane next year than they are now.

I guess the best place to start is to get a quote from dealers. Let's see what I can get.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
There isn't another track variant in the works, the STO is already a hard sell for most dealers and there's a lot of buyers out that have no interest in a Lambo with a massive wing. Also the Huracan is the entry level Lamborghini, they're not going to produce a car that has a higher MSRP than the STO. The STO MSRP is the ceiling for the Huracan range.

My guess is the next Huracan will be the final edition Huracan similar to the Gallardo final edition because they'll probably be in a rush to empty out their parts bins. I don't expect much, look at the Ultimae so it'll most likely to be a slightly tweaked version of the EVO AWD and possibly number limited.

Reactions: Young CEO

·
Registered
199 Posts
There isn't another track variant in the works, the STO is already a hard sell for most dealers and there's a lot of buyers out that have no interest in a Lambo with a massive wing. Also the Huracan is the entry level Lamborghini, they're not going to produce a car that has a higher MSRP than the STO. The STO MSRP is the ceiling for the Huracan range.

My guess is the next Huracan will be the final edition Huracan similar to the Gallardo final edition because they'll probably be in a rush to empty out their parts bins. I don't expect much, look at the Ultimae so it'll most likely to be a slightly tweaked version of the EVO AWD and possibly number limited.
Do you think the new Huracan will affect HP values?

Trying to see what the best option for me would be right now. I've gotten an offer from the first dealer I spoke with just now. They're price is $50k less than what I paid. I obviously won't accept that, but I might counter.

My line of reasoning is if I'll lose $100k next year by not selling now, I rather lose $40k and sell now.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts