Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK we've all heard or experienced the various Gallardo rattles, most commonly the ones that come from the passenger seat or partition between you and the engine bay. Recently Ive started to get a whole new one. (My cars just done over 4k miles) Its a tough one to describe too, but here goes....

The noise seems to come from just below the drivers side quarter light window (the one directly in front of the door). At first it sounded like it might be loose dirt on the underside of the wheel arch and i didn't really worry about it. Now its getting louder and increasingly annoying by the day. Its very noticeable at low speed (i know the solution is to just drive faster ;)) but around town it drives me mad! I'm now not sure if its something that might be loose at rattling against the underside of the body between the wheel arch cover and body shell.

Anyone here experienced anything similar?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
terryjoint said:
James, glad to hear you again, how was Germany and the "ring "
Hi Terry, we never made it to the ring due to the bad weather they had towards the end of the year. Our weekend was snowed out!

We're in the process of arranging a new date at the moment, but realistically its going to be after March to ensure some reasonable weather.

Hope things are good with you, im sure the weather isnt a problen ;)

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Well, what was the outcome of the rattle?

Carbuff

·
Registered
63 Posts
Check the rear sway bar mounts and bushing lubrication. Mine has done this twice and then they greased the bushings and tightened the mounts

andreas

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had a similar annoying rattle which seemed to be in the dash area. After I turned my body shop expert loose on the car since the dealer said it was "normal", he found the problem to be the windshield wiper assembly had not been properly tightened at the factory. Once this was tightened down the problem has gone away and never returned. Car has 3600 miles on it now.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Actually I had the same problem on the passenger side when I first got my Gallardo (about a year ago) - It would come, then go away, - as you said it sounded like (rock in a hub cap) kind of sound.

Turns out - it was a screw from inside the mirror that fell down in the front part of the door panel toward the bottom. For the life of me I could not figure it out - I would hear it while driving - stop... I even thought that something was in the door - but opening and closing the door - didn't make it make a sound.

The dealer had seen it before (believe it or not) - when I took it in for the 1500 mile service - I mentioned that I heard this rattle sound in the door or front area - they said either the front sway bar (as mentioned) or a screw from the mirror... and that sure enough is what it was...

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wayne said:
I had a similar annoying rattle which seemed to be in the dash area. After I turned my body shop expert loose on the car since the dealer said it was "normal", he found the problem to be the windshield wiper assembly had not been properly tightened at the factory. Once this was tightened down the problem has gone away and never returned. Car has 3600 miles on it now.
I guess when you get a hand built car stuff like this happens. But I would think they would go through the car more than one time and torque all the bolts. But I guess no such luck. Glad you all got your problems fixed for the most part.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts