Lamborghini Talk banner

New from NC

529 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  PLAY-DOH
Hello,
I just joined the forum after purchasing my first Lamborghini. It’s a 2007 Gallardo Spyder. I have mostly collected and restored British cars my whole life but I decided to try out some Italian muscle for a change. I live in western North Carolina and will be doing my own services and upgrades. Are there any other members on here from my area?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
2007 Gallardo Spyder
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car is just a beast compared to my Evora. The older Triumphs seem like toys in comparison.
The e gear takes some getting used to! I’m afraid that every shift is just destroying the clutch, no reversing is a challenge but sometimes it can’t be avoided. Sport mode always and we’ll see how long it’ll last. The good news is I have a full shop with lift so a clutch job shouldn’t be too bad. I think I heard somewhere on here that after a clutch job, the dealer needs to reset the computer, can anyone confirm this?
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

· Registered
2007 Gallardo Spyder
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Rcasa20! I’ve had the name since my first Side by Side forum days back in 12’. It started out with the fact that I was a body man and liked to work Bondo and ended up that it was a cool way to reference the “honey don’t know money” or my….PLAY-DOH…😜
Anyway, it’s nice to be a part of your group and I look forward to learning all I can about my new ride. It looks like most subjects have been covered with how to’s and pics which is always helpful and I hope I can contribute as well. I’ve been working on exotic cars since 1998 and now I work at a recycling company just doing blue collar stuff. Who says hard work doesn’t pay off?
-WJ

· Registered
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,938 Posts
Congratulations, I had a 08 Gallardo Spyder and it was one of my al time favorites.

Reactions: PLAY-DOH

· Registered
2007 Gallardo Spyder
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car came with a carbon wing. The Spyder has the active wing already, not sure what to do here with this piece. People don’t mount wings on top of wings right?

· Registered
72 Posts
Congrats on the car!

wrt the active wing, a lot of people remove it when installing the big wing. mine came with it already done but based off of a quick search you can either remove just the active wing portion easily or you can remove the whole motor assembly and save about 20lb. you will probably need to do some wiring if you want the functioning light on the wing

· Registered
2007 Gallardo Spyder
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks! The carbon wing has a spot for 3rd brake and camera. Not sure I’ll go through the trouble of mounting it to the car.
It may end up on the TR6 project lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts