Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just ordered a EVO RWD in China. It will be delivered next month( here are some pictures of my order which is in Chinese!). Just glad to find this forum that I can share with. It's my first exotic car and I hesitated a little bit between choosing a lambo and a Ferrari F8/296. What do you guys think about when choosing a lambo versus other brands like Ferrari/Aston Martin/McLaren?

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

Photograph Product Grey Input device Font

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

·
Registered
633 Posts
Where in China do you live? I've been to China 54 times but haven't been since January 2020, hopefully I'll be back next year for work. What's the estimated delivery date?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
Welcome and Congratulations on your upcoming EVO ownership! Regarding the other brands I can't comment I have only had Porsches and Lamborghinis' but latter is the real deal. The sound, power and sheer joy of those 10-Cylinder NA engines is hard to beat.

Reactions: inmyworld

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
I'd say you made the right choice and will never regret it. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Evo was my first supercar as well. For me it boiled down to the reliability of the brand as my top choice. Didn’t want to deal with issue as I do drive quite a bit.
Good to know that it's a reliable car! I've heard some bad things about the Aventador. People say aventadors need repairment all the time. lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where in China do you live? I've been to China 54 times but haven't been since January 2020, hopefully I'll be back next year for work. What's the estimated delivery date?
Ni hao!! yes a lot of my foreigner friends have gone back to their country and couldn't come back. Hopefully everything will turn back to normal next year! I'm from Beijing but spend a lot of time in Shanghai too. What kind of business do you do here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice combination....i would say lambo is a bullet proof platform.
Is there a lot of tax on a purchase like this...in china .
Exactly. In China we tax luxury cars like crazy. The total amount that you pay for a EVO could actually buy an Aventador maybe in the USA. damn.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome and Congratulations on your upcoming EVO ownership! Regarding the other brands I can't comment I have only had Porsches and Lamborghinis' but latter is the real deal. The sound, power and sheer joy of those 10-Cylinder NA engines is hard to beat.
Thx! I love your EVO's color! What kind of Porsche do you have?

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
Thx! I love your EVO's color! What kind of Porsche do you have?
Had.......2018 718 Cayman S, 2019 991.2 GT3-RS and a 2018 991.2 GT2-RS.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
15,677 Posts
These are some hardcore Porsches. lol
So looks like you eventually switched from the 911s to Lamborghini. I used to love Porsches too but lambos do bring more excitement than German cars.
Yes, the Porsches were kind of boring and I would not buy another one. The Lamborghini is my Sports car of choice and with the 10-Cylinder NA engine it's hard to beat the sound, linear acceleration and sheer beauty of the Italian designs. I absolutely love my EVO RWD.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Ni hao!! yes a lot of my foreigner friends have gone back to their country and couldn't come back. Hopefully everything will turn back to normal next year! I'm from Beijing but spend a lot of time in Shanghai too. What kind of business do you do here?
Stayed at a hotel on the Bund in Shanghai overlooking the river. Eating breakfast with coffee and watching the boats sail by with Pudong in the distnce was a great way to start the day. Still remember that Pearl Building that looked like a Christmas ornament. Had cocktails on the top floor of the Grand Hyatt remember taking 2 or 3 elevators to get from the lobby to the top. Food was great.

Beijing was memorable Forbidden City, Great Wall, Heavenly Temple.

Highlight was a cruise through the Three Gorges Dam down to Chongking. The scenery was incredible could see those ancient coffins buried in crevices in the steep cliffs from centuries ago. The sunsets were incredible. Had some delicious and super spicy Huo Guo in Chongking.

Congrats on the new EVO. Grigio Lynx is classy and the red/black interior will set it off nicely. I've had 2 Porsche's, 2 Ferrari's and this is my 2nd Lamborghini. All special in their own way.

I know how some (not all) Shanghainese feel about name brands and Ferrari has a rich racing history but some people like Pepsi and some Coke and some like both me included.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome to the Lamborghini family. I had the same debate Lamborghini vs Ferrari debate when ordering my Huracan Evo but I've had no regrets since delivery!

I haven't been back to Shanghai to see family since the pandemic started. What's the supercar scene like there?

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
21,066 Posts
Many of us came from Porsche, and never looked back.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Stayed at a hotel on the Bund in Shanghai overlooking the river. Eating breakfast with coffee and watching the boats sail by with Pudong in the distnce was a great way to start the day. Still remember that Pearl Building that looked like a Christmas ornament. Had cocktails on the top floor of the Grand Hyatt remember taking 2 or 3 elevators to get from the lobby to the top. Food was great.

Beijing was memorable Forbidden City, Great Wall, Heavenly Temple.

Highlight was a cruise through the Three Gorges Dam down to Chongking. The scenery was incredible could see those ancient coffins buried in crevices in the steep cliffs from centuries ago. The sunsets were incredible. Had some delicious and super spicy Huo Guo in Chongking.

Congrats on the new EVO. Grigio Lynx is classy and the red/black interior will set it off nicely. I've had 2 Porsche's, 2 Ferrari's and this is my 2nd Lamborghini. All special in their own way.

I know how some (not all) Shanghainese feel about name brands and Ferrari has a rich racing history but some people like Pepsi and some Coke and some like both me included.
Thanks for the response! It's beautiful reading this. So looks like you have been to a lot of good places in China. Actually I just spend this Christmas in the Bund doing exactly what you did lol. Good food and drink at the rooftop bars nearby and certainly enjoyed the view of the Pudong skyscrapers. Definitely some good vibes in Shanghai, it reminds me of Christmas in the USA.

I'm from Beijing and yes we have a lot of cool historical sites. Glad that you enjoyed it! I've never been to Chongqing, so its amazing that you have been there. But when I was a child my parents took me for a cruise tour too. The 'hanging coffins' were my childhood nightmare. lol. I'm just curious which part of the US do you come from? Maybe I've been to your hometown too.

What a collection of sports cars you have! My friend who has a Ferrari F8 encouraged me to get a Lambo. You guys who have both brands definitely makes me jealous.

lol your observation on Shanghai people is pretty accurate. I think Ferrari definitely has a bigger share of market here. And they just opened a new flagship Ferrari store in Shanghai this year (I think its called casa ferrari or something). Hey next time you are in China, please let me know!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome to the Lamborghini family. I had the same debate Lamborghini vs Ferrari debate when ordering my Huracan Evo but I've had no regrets since delivery!

I haven't been back to Shanghai to see family since the pandemic started. What's the supercar scene like there?
shucks! the pandemic is nasty. I hope you can come back to see your family soon.

I think these two years the supercar market in China definitely gotten bigger. There are more new models on the street and the prices are sky-rocketing. Its just like the supercar market everywhere else in the world I think.

·
Registered
282 Posts
The Evo was my first supercar as well. For me it boiled down to the reliability of the brand as my top choice. Didn’t want to deal with issue as I do drive quite a bit.
Lambo definitely is the most reliable , I have 17k miles in mine now and the R8 v10 I had prior had 65k 0 issues… best choice !

1 - 20 of 28 Posts