Lamborghini Talk banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I ordered a new EVO last week. My order has been locked in and delivery is expected for June 2022.

I am really struggling to settle on my colour. I’ve ordered Grigio Nimbus (i.e - Silver), but part of me is thinking of switching to Grigio Lynx (i.e - Dark Grey). I’ve probably a few weeks left to change the colour if I need to.

Some context… I’ve ordered brown interior, which might not be everyone’s ‘cup of tea’ and any new car that I’ve ever bought has always been either Silver or Grey (yes, I’m boring).

My current Huracan which I bought pre-owned is a shade of silver but not Grigio Nimbus. Silver is my favourite colour in a car because I think it really portrays the contours of a car, however I can’t help thinking that I should probably change the colour to Dark Grey (Grigio Lynx) so I don’t have silver back to back. Then another part of me is telling me to keep it in silver because I plan on keeping this car as a keeper due to it being the last of the few naturally aspirated super cars.

While I like many colours the Huracan comes in, I’m not interested any other colour outside of Grigio Lynx or Grigio Nimbus for this order. While I know this is a completely personal decision, I’m keen to know what others would go for, based on the above?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle White

Car Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Photograph Tire

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,709 Posts
First things first, Congratulations on your upcoming EVO! I pulled your spec up on the configurator and looked at both light and dark shades of grey and in my humble opinion I much prefer the look of the Grigio Nimbus more. The Grigio Nimbus looks very refined, and classy but at the same time fun too.
Rest assured we all wrestle with the configurator, the tormentor, but Grigio Nimbus looks fantastic and I wouldn't be worried about having two silver coloured cars. Best of luck with your decision!

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I went through the same thing you are and I’ll tell you my main deciding factor: ppf. If you are going to put any film on the car the edges will be hidden much better on a darker color. Thus, I’m going with Grigio Lynx.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
You're going to drive yourself crazy. Your delivery is 18 months out at this point. That's a long time in my book. I'd wait till the last minute on your cut off time and make the color decision based on what you're feeling at that time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, much appreciated.

Sorry, that was a typo… it’s June 2022

·
Premium Member
2021 Huracan EVO RWD Spyder Verde Themis
18,758 Posts

·
Administrator
3,698 Posts
That color actually IMO looks great on the EVO. The interior for me is a no go. In Puerto Rico, this color interior is the most desired next to white with red interior. I say leave it as is, lynx is a little boring, this color resembles telesto and looks great.

·
Premium Member
18,758 Posts
I agree with Jr. about the interior. I love saddle brown but not with silver or gray.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,709 Posts
Gentlemen, that is your taste but may not be OP's taste.

·
Premium Member
18,758 Posts
Reactions: Lambo2018

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,709 Posts
That is true, but mere opinions are always welcome.
True. Though, I steered clear of the interior because it was "his cup of tea".

Reactions: Russk

·
Premium Member
18,758 Posts
I love that color interior, I saw it on a black Huracan EVO and it was gorgeous. Probably could work with a dark gray.

Reactions: Rcasa20

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,709 Posts
Silver cars are pretty cool, and to be honest, I always flash back to Sean Connery's Aston Martin DB5.............loved that car.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

I ordered a new EVO last week. My order has been locked in and delivery is expected for June 2022.

I am really struggling to settle on my colour. I’ve ordered Grigio Nimbus (i.e - Silver), but part of me is thinking of switching to Grigio Lynx (i.e - Dark Grey). I’ve probably a few weeks left to change the colour if I need to.

Some context… I’ve ordered brown interior, which might not be everyone’s ‘cup of tea’ and any new car that I’ve ever bought has always been either Silver or Grey (yes, I’m boring).

My current Huracan which I bought pre-owned is a shade of silver but not Grigio Nimbus. Silver is my favourite colour in a car because I think it really portrays the contours of a car, however I can’t help thinking that I should probably change the colour to Dark Grey (Grigio Lynx) so I don’t have silver back to back. Then another part of me is telling me to keep it in silver because I plan on keeping this car as a keeper due to it being the last of the few naturally aspirated super cars.

While I like many colours the Huracan comes in, I’m not interested any other colour outside of Grigio Lynx or Grigio Nimbus for this order. While I know this is a completely personal decision, I’m keen to know what others would go for, based on the above?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I found myself in a similar situation between Nimbus and Lynx. I currently have a Porsche in GT Silver color and love it. However, I was torn between Nimbus and Lynx for the Huracan. Lynx looks similar to gray Aston Martins that I saw in person and I really loved it. (Haven’t really seen Lynx beyond a color sample though but it looked like the Aston’s gray that was on the lot)
I ended up speccing Lynx with a dark chome exterior and I think it’s going to look fantastic.

IMO you won’t go wrong with either color but my vote is on Lynx.

·
Premium Member
2022 Huracan EVO RWD
10,709 Posts
Funny, OP I just realized your moniker is 007........then you have to get Grigio Nimbus. Seriously, what did you decide?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I found myself in a similar situation between Nimbus and Lynx. I currently have a Porsche in GT Silver color and love it. However, I was torn between Nimbus and Lynx for the Huracan. Lynx looks similar to gray Aston Martins that I saw in person and I really loved it. (Haven’t really seen Lynx beyond a color sample though but it looked like the Aston’s gray that was on the lot)
I ended up speccing Lynx with a dark chome exterior and I think it’s going to look fantastic.

IMO you won’t go wrong with either color but my vote is on Lynx.
What is the dark chrome exterior? I haven’t seen that as an option and if he interested although may be too late for me. Any details would be much appreciated. Thx!

·
Registered
25 Posts
What is the dark chrome exterior? I haven’t seen that as an option and if he interested although may be too late for me. Any details would be much appreciated. Thx!
I may have misled you, sorry! There is no package called dark chorme, I should have been clear that I aimed to build an appearance like dark chrome for my Huracan using the options in the configurator. I have attached my config here.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I may have misled you, sorry! There is no package called dark chorme, I should have been clear that I aimed to build an appearance like dark chrome for my Huracan using the options in the configurator. I have attached my config here.
Gotcha…by chance did you figure out what the phone holder looks like? For $340 I bypassed it but did consider it. Love the spec!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts