Lamborghini Talk banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Looking to maybe get rid of my 610-4 and upgrading to an Evo. But I'm kind of in a first world problem situation. I either get a new evo 640, Or keep my current 610 and get a 991.2 Turbo S or 720s. Or get rid of the 610 and wait for an F8 to be come available. I could get an Evo and still get a Turbo S or 720s but after just dropping 350k on a boat this year I'm not sure I want to keep putting that much in a depreciating asset.

Another question, what kind of pricing are you guys getting/seeing on ordering an Evo? My dealer wants me to make an offer.
Lots of good advice. Been daily driving a 580-2 for the past 19 months, owned a 610 briefly before but not a fan of the AWD.

My next car I am thinking 488 vs EVO RWD. Now I've added a MC20 to the mix but possibly a few years from now as I don't like to own the first year of a new model prefer any issues to be ironed out by year 2. Seeing how much modern exotics depreciate, I've lately had a preference for low mileage one owner examples still under warranty. For example, a friend bought a loaded 2018 488 with 2000 miles for $140K off MSRP. I told him I got first dibs when he trades in for his F8 Spider.

A new TurboS or F8 is going to have a steep depreciation. Agree the F8 is much improved over the 488 but it is going to cost a lot more. Also agree the interior looks dated and derivative of the 458. TurboS driving dynamics don't excite me. Owned a GT3, if you are going Porsche go GT3 or RS. Will maintain value better than TurboS and be more fun to drive.

Agree used McLaren's are attractive due to significant depreciation first owner incurs. That being said the new 765LT looks fantastic. I would always hesitate buying a new McLaren though. Used 720s are a steal.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Thanks for the advice guys. It's probably going to depend on where we come in difference wise between my car and the new car, depending on if I do private sale, consignment, or trade, in that order probably. The Evo I speced out was 330k sticker. I added the extended warranty the maintenance plan, forged carbon interior. Blu Aguir is the color I like with black/blue interior, plus at the normal common options you would add. To those who have or have driven the Evo how does the exhaust compare to the factory race exhaust, that is what my 610 has and I love it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Huracan Spyder 580-2
13,538 Posts

What is not to like? However I will admit the interior is a bit underwhelming.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,184 Posts
I agree the exterior is nice.....though not as nice as the Huracan but, as I have mentioned above, the interior looks way behind the times, and for me at least, boring.

·
Premium Member
754 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. It's probably going to depend on where we come in difference wise between my car and the new car, depending on if I do private sale, consignment, or trade, in that order probably. The Evo I speced out was 330k sticker. I added the extended warranty the maintenance plan, forged carbon interior. Blu Aguir is the color I like with black/blue interior, plus at the normal common options you would add. To those who have or have driven the Evo how does the exhaust compare to the factory race exhaust, that is what my 610 has and I love it.
EVO is louder for certain because it is just a straight pipe :) How about AV? Stretch a bit. Nothing beats the sound of V12.

·
Premium Member
13,538 Posts
I agree the exterior is nice.....though not as nice as the Huracan but, as I have mentioned above, the interior looks way behind the times, and for me at least, boring.
We might biased but it is hard to compete with the grace and beauty of the Huracan. I just never get tired of looking at it.

Reactions: DXM31

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
EVO is louder for certain because it is just a straight pipe :) How about AV? Stretch a bit. Nothing beats the sound of V12.
For me AV is no option as the eGear is simply outdatet. But Audi doesn't have a DSG on the shelf that might be fitted easily to the V12.

I persoanlly am looking forward to the MC20 Spyder (pic is a rednering,no release date yet). The car features Ferrari Technology but with a tad more soul IMHO.

·
Registered
707 Posts
The MC20 is a decent looking car but I see too many Maserati's around where I live, I guess because on the used car market they are a bargain. Plus I am still not sold on Italian engineering. Lamborghini's are a different animal.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,184 Posts
Plus I am still not sold on Italian engineering. Lamborghini's are a different animal.
Deep down that is my feeling as well but I wonder if our reservations are based upon the reputation of Italian engineering of yesteryear and may not presently be the case. Maybe others can chime in with their thoughts and even more importantly with their experience.

·
Premium Member
13,538 Posts
I really like everything about the MC20, but I am struggling with the "Trout Mouth" front end.

Reactions: Leon

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,184 Posts
I really like everything about the MC20, but I am struggling with the "Trout Mouth" front end.
That is hilarious......looking at it more closely you are spot on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Evo is same s my ex performante , its same exact engine/titanium components and exhaust , very loud

As for the Maserati, i think its a cool offering, looks pretty cool but sorry that engine does not cut it for me, no way!

·
Premium Member
13,538 Posts
I hear all the controversy regarding the EVO touchscreen, which BTW is here to stay, so better get used to it. I am not concerned and with voice activation I have no worries. I am not going to let that keep me from probably the most fun and engaging car I will have ever owned. Then there is that top speed issue, really? 201 vs 202? I will never drive above 120 mph so for me it is all about the "FUN ZONE" 0-60, and with a tune it will meet all my needs in spades. JMO, albeit somewhat biased.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I hear all the controversy regarding the EVO touchscreen, which BTW is here to stay, so better get used to it. I am not concerned and with voice activation I have no worries. I am not going to let that keep me from probably the most fun and engaging car I will have ever owned. Then there is that top speed issue, really? 201 vs 202? I will never drive above 120 mph so for me it is all about the "FUN ZONE" 0-60, and with a tune it will meet all my needs in spades. JMO, albeit somewhat biased.
Not really sure what all the issue is with the Evo touchscreen ? I love it, the interface positioning etc, i prefer it x100 to the instrument cluster

Im in florida with blazing sunshine, and first day driving home in sun with brightness all the way up it wasn't a problem, but i have young eyes lol

The CarPlay is cool too... first time ives used it in any of my cars that have it, has your navi map/music playing with album art all on the main screen split

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,184 Posts
Not really sure what all the issue is with the Evo touchscreen ? I love it, the interface positioning etc, i prefer it x100 to the instrument cluster
I just don't like the look of the touchscreen either and I think it was @surfah that stated it looks like an oversized iPad. I like the 991.2 Porsche 911s but hate the 992s with the digital displays and the shaver for a shifter. I guess I am of the opinion that not all changes that car manufacturers make in new iterations are necessarily improvements.........beauty in the eye of the beholder kind of thing.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just don't like the look of the touchscreen either and I think it was @surfah that stated it looks like an oversized iPad. I like the 991.2 Porsche 911s but hate the 992s with the digital displays and the shaver for a shifter. I guess I am of the opinion that not all changes that car manufacturers make in new iterations are necessarily improvements.........beauty in the eye of the beholder kind of thing.
For sure cause I hated the 991 screen and system lollllll

I love the evo

the best is in my s class cabriolet and now new gle suv with the touch screen mbux

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,184 Posts
For sure cause I hated the 991 screen and system lollllll

I love the evo
Nothing wrong with that......then you chose wisely!;). BTW, where did my rotary dial phone go?

·
Premium Member
13,538 Posts
I can understand not liking the look of it, but many of the negative comments are by people that don't have it and have never used it. It is a personal choice, but if you want an EVO or anything going forward for that matter you better get used to it. I am a gadget nut and I am up for anything new so I say bring it on please.

·
Premium Member
2019 Huracan 580-2
1,184 Posts
I am a gadget nut and I am up for anything new so I say bring it on please.
So do I and you saw my home office I have Four 27 inch iMacs each with anywhere from 4 to 8 external hard drives, two iPads.......plus I have every Apple operating system since Snow Leopard and Beta test new Apple software......just being facetious.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Call me biased but IMO Ferrari and Lamborghini are the pinnacle of "attainable" exotics excluding hypercars like Bugatti and Pagani. McLaren is trying to get there. Maserati is not really in the same league. Below Ferrari/Lamborghini and above Alfa Romeo. I salute them for building the MC20. I really like the design and performance. I have added it to future potential replacements for my 580-2 including the EVO RWD and 488/F8.

Yes the MC20 has the fishmouth but that's a distinguishing visual of Maserati. Not having the vertical grills like the Gran Turismo makes the black space more pronounced. I don't mind the TT V6, Ferrari's replacement for the F8 with also be a TT V6. 621 HP/538 lb-ft is plenty for the street. I'm more pleased with the carbon tub which should provide unparalleled structural rigidity and lack of chassis flex in addition to lower weight. McLaren has shown this is the future. Even more key if buying a Spider.

Regarding the EVO touchscreen, I love my Ipad Air 2 but the fingerprints drives me nuts to the point I use glass cleaner and microfiber cloth daily. Call me old-fashioned but I prefer physical dials. The same way I don't like thumbing my Iphone navigating Spotify while driving the Huracan. But I do like tech so will defer my verdict until actually test-driving the EVO.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts